Colder Than Winter

4 Seasons Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as I looked down watching how busy the world is. I'm in the rooftop of my office, I've always like winter maybe that's because I'm the Ice Princess. That's the nickname they gave me since they said I'm cold. Well maybe I am, I've always been cold but that change when I met Tiffany. Now that she's not with me anymore I'm back to my old self. It's been months since I left her. If I was the 'Jessica' months ago I would've looked up to watch the moon and the stars, watch how it shines, how it gives light in the dark. Admire the beauty it gives during the night. But no, I'd rather look down and watch how busy the people are. How everyone walks so fast because they might be late for their work, meeting, dinner or whatever. How annoyed people are because of traffic. I like this more. This is the reality.

FLASHBACK

"Jessi!." Tiffany called me. I instantly smiled and trapped her in a hug. It's been a while since we last saw each other. We are both busy. 

"I missed you so much babe." I said and kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too." 

It's Saturday night and I decided to bring Tiffany in the beach since we both love to swim. I set up a tent and a bonfire. I'm already used to this kind of things since my family and I really loves to travel.

"There's alot of stars tonight babe. Look at the moon, it's so beautiful." Tiffany cheerfully said. 

I love her smiles. God I really love this girl. It may sound so cheesy but there are times like this that she's so beautiful and I felt that it seems the whole world stops just to admire her beauty.

"You are beautiful." I said looking at her in awe. 

"Stop it." She blushed. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

"I love you." 

END OF FLASHBACK

I sighed as I light a cigarette but someone gets it before I even put it into my mouth.

"You're smoking again." She pouts as she threw my cigarette away.

"And You're here again." I sighed looking down watching the city lights.

"The night sky is so beautiful you should look up Jessi." I glared at her making her stop.

"I don't need you here Tiffany." I said coldly. It's been days eversince this girl randomly shows up wherever I am. 

"b-but I need you Jessi..." 

"No you don't. Nickhun is always there for you. You need him not me." 

"Jessi how may times do I have to tell you Nickhun and I-."

"And I don't care!." She's crying. I hate seeing her like this. It pains me more.

No. Don't let her destroy the wall that you build in your heart Jessica. Don't let her destroy you once again.

"Let's go inside, it's getting colder. You might get sick." She said as she wiped away her tears. 'Don't..Don't do this Tiffany.'

"You shouldn't be here. Outsiders are not allowed here." 

"I know." she looked down. She must've lured the guard again with money. 

"Go home. It's late already." I said calmly trying my best not to scream at her again.

"You should go home too. It's late. You look thinner have you ate your dinner?." She asked worried. She was about to hold me but I moved away.

"I hate it when someone touch me. Follow me I'll take you home." I said without even looking at her.

---

"We're here." I said and looked at her. I saw her already sleeping. It seems like she loss some weight too. Well being an architect student is really hard. I decided to let her sleep and wait for her to wake up. I get my phone and started to play some random game that I downloaded. 

*Beep* 

Tiffany's phone rang. I quickly get it in her bag and answered the call not wanting to wake her up.

"Steph, where are you?. I'm so worried." her mom said.

"G-Good evening Mrs. Hwang. This is Jessica. We are actually in front of your house. Tiffany fell asleep in my car. She look so tired so I decided not to wake her up." I explained.

"Oh is that so?. Wake her up already and come inside and have a hot chocolate." Her mom said she's obviously excited to see me again. Her mom and I are already close and it's hard that when Tiff and I broke up because it feels like I broke up with her family too. 

"I-It's okay. It's already late-" I tried to reason out since it might be awkward but she cutted me off.

"I insist. Wake up Tiffany now and come here okay?." She said and hung up not even waiting for me to talk. I sighed and started to wake Tiffany up.

"Hey. Wake up." I pat her arm. It took me 5 minutes to wake her up. She must be so tired. Tiffany has always been easy to wake up but seems like she haven't get any sleep for days.

"Your mom called. I already told her that we are here." I explained she just nodded. I got out and opened the door for her. She's still sleepy. Seems like she's still don't have any idea on what's going on.

I laughed as I saw her walking like a zombie. I let her walk ahead of me. She knocked at the door still sleepy but then seems like she went fully awake when she knocked because she quickly looked at me.

"Oh my god! Jessi I'm sorry. I haven't sleep for days-"

"It's okay." I gave her a small smile. 

The door opened and her mom greeted me with a warm hug and quickly pull me inside the house and we went straight to the dinning area.

"Jessica my dear How are you? I've missed you." I smiled at how happy she is to see me.

"I've missed you too Mrs. Hwang." she glared at me.

"Didn't I told you to call me mom?."

"O-ohh I'm sorry mom." I said awkwardly. 

"Mom how could you leave me?." Tiffany sulked as she sat beside me.

"Oh come on I missed Jessica."

"But mom I'm your daughter." 

"Stop it Stephanie." I shook my head at their silliness. They're still the same. 

"Here Jessica I've baked this." Mom said as she gave me some cupcakes and hot choco.

"Mom Jessica doesn't like chocolate. Gave her milk." Tiffany said. 'She still remember'

"Oh I forgot! I guess I got too excited to see you. Steph, why don't you get Jessica some milk?." Her mom said. I pretended that I didn't see her winked at Tiffany. She'll talk to me for sure. 

"Okay mom." Tiffany said and went to the kitchen while her mom dragged me to the living room with the cupcakes.

"So Jessica, how are you?." She asked excitedly.

"I-I'm fine just a bit tired." I lied. I'm extremely tired. It feels like my body will gave up soon. 

"Why don't you sleep here?. You look really tired and besides it's already late. Your home is two hours drive. Sleep here okay?." She said more like a demand. I wanted to refused her offer but I'm really tired. 

"O-okay mom." I gave in.

"Jess..." She held my hand and gave me a motherly smile.

"I'm sorry." I looked at her confused. I didn't say anything and just let her talk.

"I'm sorry that my daughter have hurt you." She said sincerely. I shook my head.

"You don't need to be sorry mom. Heartbreaks are part of life. Everyone will hurt you." I said bluntly.

"I can see how much my daughter have hurt you. I'll be honest, It feels like you are a new person. I won't force you to my daughter. I just hoped that her mistake won't stop you from believing in love." She said. Mrs. Hwang was always been so understanding. She's never been biased towards me or Tiffany. 

"Your daughter is such an idiot." We both chuckled. Mrs. Hwang is more like a friend to me. She knows how straightforward I am and to my surprise, she loves it.

"She is.... Tiffany is my only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter