Confession

On my way

[Author's Note: You guys are truly so nice, please enjoy the story. It's going to sadville soon]

 

Busan

 

 

2007

 

 

(Momo's POV)

 

“That's my bento box, sweetie.." My dad pouted as I wrapped my bento and Jeongyeon's bento. Jeongyeon's bento was my fathers. We had three, one for me, my dad, and my mom.

 

”Can you buy something from work then?" I said, as I put the boxes in a extra bag I would carry. The bentos don't fit in my bookbag, so I have to use a separate bag. I went to the front of the door, put my shoes on and said goodbye to my parents.

 

“You think she's interested in someone at school? Maybe a boy?" Momo's Mom said.

 

“The school is all girl school" he said.

 

I ran to the school and saw Tzuyu outside waiting for me. She was with Jihyo, which wasn't really weird. They are close, and they might be dating. But Tzuyu denies anything, while Jihyo just plays along. I see Tzuyu not minding Jihyo's presence now. I think they are dating, but I won't ask.

 

“Ah, Jihyo! Tzuyu, You two are really close" I smiled at them. Jihyo stared at Tzuyu, who completely just denied it. 

 

“We just so happen to bump into each other" She said stubbornly, also really cutely. I walked in front of them and can hear them "fight". It was more Tzuyu denying everything and Jihyo calling her cute.

 

I walked inside of the school and saw Jeongyeon, changing her shoes. She had a coat on with a scarf. It has been getting really chilly recently. I stood there just staring at her take off her jacket, scarf, shoes and change into the school's shoes. Just anything about her would mesmerize me.

 

Then Tzuyu and Jihyo bumped into me.

 

“Ahhh.." I held my head in pain, Jeongyeon who heard the collision looked over and came to my aid. “Are you okay?" She asked, “do you need to go to the nurse?" She asked again, she held my head. All the sudden the pain was gone. We were face to face.

 

“What about us, she was staring at y-" Tzuyu almost said but Jihyo covered , making Tzuyu more angry. Jeongyeon offered her hand and I took it. “You should focus at your surroundings, Momoring" She smiled and left to her class. I stared at her, thats all I have been able to do. Stare. 

 

The bell rung and I changed my shoes quickly and ran to class quickly. Nayeon was already there, Chaeyoung also, Jihyo and Tzuyu too. But where is Jeongyeon..

 

As I thought this, she walked in. She didn't seem like she was in a rush or anything. She looked pretty serious.

 

“What made you late? You were ahead of us." Tzuyu asked, thankfully she did because I was so freaking curious. 

 

”I was stopped by this girl, she needed help getting a box upstairs to her class. So I helped her." She said sitting down.

 

“Is it the same girl from yesterday?" I said low, she looked at me and nodded. I was starting to feel like that girl likes Jeongyeon.

 

Classes started and I couldn't stop being sad, there is a person that likes Jeongyeon. I don't want her to go out with her.

 

I remembered, I grabbed the note and read it a bit more.

 

”Jeongyeon gets stopped alot by this girl, she also takes the time to see Jeongyeon play football after school. Eventually, they start dating."

 

My eyes were shaking when reading this, but why? Do I like jeongyeon? I read more and it was a confirmation for me.

 

“They start dating and I realised how much I truly like Jeongyeon"

 

“Hey the bell rung, do you want something to eat?" nayeon spooked me and I hid the note quickly. She looked at me while doing this strangely.

 

“Love letter? Someone confessed to you?" She asked quietly.  “Yeah something like that, uhm I actually brought food for myself and I-" I looked around if Jeongyeon was there but she wasn't. She was leaving the room, I never gave her the bento box.

 

“Alrighty then" She looked at me and then the door. She then proceeded to walk away and then I proceeded to get my lunch outta the back. 

 

Jeongyeon walked in with a can coffee and quietly took out a box. It was leggos. “Woah you still play with those?" Tzuyu asked, earning a smack from Jihyo.

 

“Yeah my mom gave them to me, so why wouldn't I?" she said happily as she sipped on her coffee and played. I looked at her low key and ate my food. But I didn't build the courage to give it to her. Just like my past self.

 

Lunch had ended and I never gave her that bento box. The lesson proceeded and then school ended. I never gave her that bento box.

 

I was changing my shoes and Jeongyeon came next to me, she also changed her shoes. She put her coat and scarf on. “I never seen you with so many bags before." She said, I looked at her and nodded.

 

“I had other things thats why.." I said slowly, I think she could tell that the bag was making my process on putting my shoes really difficult.

 

“Here let me give you a hand.." She said as she grabbed the bag that also had her bento, that I never gave to her. I freaked out and smacked her hand away, time froze as I did this, she looked at me with sadness and shock. She grabbed her book bag and left quietly. I was so embarrassed and hurt. I just hurt Jeongyeon.  Tzuyu and Jihyo saw Jeongyeon leave with a sad face and then saw me coming down right after.

 

“Is Jeongyeon okay?" they asked, I ignored them and walked off.

 

We were walking towards the gate and I really couldn't really bring myself to leave. I want to change the future, I want Jeongyeon to be with us 10 years after. I want Jeongyeon in my future.

 

“Ahh guys I forgot something at school, imma go you guys go ahead" I said as I ran towards the side Jeongyeon usually heads off to.

 

I saw Jeongyeon and Nayeon together, Nayeon was on her bike walking next to it.

”JEONGYEON!!" I yelled, Nayeon and Jeongyeon turned around. I ran to them and caught my breathe. “Jeongyeon can I talk to you in private?" I asked, she stared at me and then Nayeon looked at us. She got on her bike,

 

“I'll see you guys tomorrow, goodbye" she said as she left. Jeongyeon saw Nayeon leave and looked at me.

 

“Let's walk together" She said as we walked together crossing the street, then convenient stores, little shops and parks. We sat down in a park, it was really quiet and the leaves where falling since it was autumn already. We walked in silence and sat in silence.

 

It wasn't awkward, it was peaceful. She had a every calming, peaceful aura about her. You just can't feel awkward around her.

 

“Why did you want to walk with me, or talk for that matter?" She asked me, I was staring at the floor most of the time. I haven't had the courage to stare at her directly.

 

“I, Uh- I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier, you were trying to help and I-" I was interrupted by her laugh.

 

“That's why? Don't worry I was shocked but I thought you were just in a bad mood and caught you of guard" She said, she looked at the park. It was dead quiet.

 

Then I came to the realization that I really don't know Jeongyeon that much, I never really asked about herself.

 

“What do you like to do?" She asked me.

 

I looked at her and she was staring at me, with those beautiful dark brown eyes. She was smiling but those eyes, seeing them this close.. it was sad, her eyes were fill with sadness.

 

“I like to draw a little,  I usually don't do much" I said in the most stutter way possible. I redirected the question back to her.

 

“What do YOU like to do?" I asked, she looked at the sky and then back to me.

 

“Gaming" She said.

 

“Really? Is that why you missed two weeks of school?" I asked, she laughed.

 

“Yeah I was just gaming.." She said.

 

“Are you sure? I think that's impossible" I said, I knew something was off.

 

She looked at the ground, and I saw a tear rolling out of her cheek. She tried concealing her feelings with smiled and laughs but I knew it was all a act of hers. Her eyes are filled with sadness. She wiped her tears and breathed heavily.

 

“Actually, I was gone because I was at a funeral and I needed time to recover." She said heavily.

 

She looked at me,

 

“My mother was mentally ill, and she killed herself the first day of school.." She said suddenly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

to be continued....

 

 

 

( My phone is about to die, my charger is no longer working RIP)