Football Team

On my way

[Author's note: First of all, thank you for the amount of support I have been getting. Four freaking up-votes? That's so crazy! Also, I would recommend for this chapter to listen to this song by Linkin Park. It's called Heavy, I listen to it writing this. So maybe you guys want to listen to it :) You don't have to of course.]

 

 Busan 

 

2007

 

(Momo's POV)

 

“Everything that note I received, has been coming true." I looked at the note closer and closer. I heard someone coming next to me and hid it quickly. It was Jeongyeon.

 

A wave of embarrassment hit me like a aggressive wave. She was genuine enough to give me a piggyback ride yesterday. She is so caring for me.

 

“Ohhh, You have a secret admirer?" She chuckled, she put her bag in her desk. She sat down and sighed heavily.

 

“Of course she has, Momo is really pretty" Nayeon scoffed as she came in with the rest of our friends Chaeyoung, Jihyo, and Tzuyu.

 

Nayeon proceeded to grab Jeongyeon's shoulders and smiled at her. Jeongyeon was in sudden shock obviously, and pain.

 

“We are having our first football practice! You are coming and you are going to try out, Yoo." She shook her up a bit and left to her table. Jeongyeon grabbed her shoulder painfully, wincing slightly.

 

“I can't join, Nayeon." She looked at Nayeon with a straight face. 

 

["Note: Jeongyeon will try to get herself from not joining the football team, but convince her to go. I think she really would love to do so"]

 

“You should really join!" I said all the sudden, scaring Nayeon and Jeongyeon. They stared at me strangely, so did the others. I was so embarrassed. 

 

“I mean, you told me that you could beat Nayeon at it. So maybe you can take action" I said, she looked at Nayeon.

 

“She said that? You are so versing me after school then" Nayeon grabbed Jeongyeon's shoulder again.

 

The teacher came in and stared at the two girls, 

 

“Please no flirting in my classroom" He said strictly, making the whole class laugh. I stared at Jeongyeon and she stared at me with a cute smile.

 

“I really can't believe it, she isn't mad at me for putting her in the spotlight like this." I thought, Nayeon and everyone else sat down and the lessons started.

 

["Note: One of the biggest regrets was not being able to save Jeongyeon, keep an eye on her"]

 

I wasn't focusing on the lesson of course, I was thinking about the note. The note is all about saving Jeongyeon... but from what? What causes me to write a letter to my past self? Why do I have so much regret?

 

The bell rung all the sudden, it was lunch time.

 

Good thing I brought my bento, I always bring my bento. I'm the only one that does so, since bento is a Japanese thing not a Korean thing. I bring alot of traditional japanese food that my mom makes. But this time, I made it.

 

I took out my Bento and Nayeon came along.

 

“Woah, Momo always comes with the best food ever." She said staring at my food with interest, she always says that.

 

”Not really" I looked at her and she was going through her pockets, she pulled out some money bills with some coins.

 

“And you never tend to bring anything but money. Don't you get tired of the food this school offers?" Tzuyu said, she fixed her glasses with one finger. Jihyo gawked at her.

 

“Tzuyu, I don't like my mom cooking in the morning. I want her to sleep" She said patriotically.

 

“But you're wasting her money though.." Chaeyoung said but got a smack in the stomach by Nayeon.

 

“What about you, Jeongyeon?" Nayeon asked, and Jeongyeon went quiet. 

 

“My mom goes to work early so she doesn't have time to make me anything. I rather just not eat though, It's a preference." She smiled once again.

 

I looked at her as she told her story. There was sadness between those eyes and that smile.

 

“There is not way! It's a long time before you go home though to eat." She gasped.

 

“Yeah I do it all the time" Jeongyeon said enthusiastically, Nayeon high fived her.

 

“Well i'm gunna get you something to eat, you eat  tteok- boki city girl?" She asked, Jeongyeon nodded and with that she left.

 

,,

 

I was walking in this long hallway, when I felt a heavy feets approaching me. 

 

“Oi, Momoring" She walked up next to me.

 

“Did she just call me momoring?" I thought, I looked at her and she was looking at me waiting for a respond but I was taken back. She raised the notebook she had and tap my forehead. She walked in front of me.

 

“You look happy?" She gave me a warm smile and stared at me. She was walking backwards now.

 

“I- Uh- Am I?- Do I look happy?" I asked, she laughed and skipped off but stopped. A girl stopped her, she said something and walked off with a smile.

 

“Who is she... is she interesting in Jeongyeon?" I thought, I looked at the floor while walking and looked up. But Jeongyeon was gone.

 

I think she was in hurry because she was going to play football with Nayeon, that's where I am heading as well. To see them play.

 

,,

 

 

Busan

 

 

 

 

2017

 

 

“This baby may not be biologically yours but she looks alot like Nayeon, unfortunately." Tzuyu looked at the baby. Momo laughed while Nayeon whined.

 

“Ohhh C'mon, Don't say that.. I'm beautiful also" She pouted. 

 

“Do you know where the school is?" Chaeyoung scoffed, Nayeon looked at her mirror.

 

“I've lived here for the majority of my life, ofcourse I know where the school is. I even remember where we put the time capsule." she looked at Chaeyoung.

 

“Eyes on the road you toad!" Jihyo yelled out making everyone laugh even that baby.

 

“Even your own daughter knows your a joke" Tzuyu said. (roasted) Nayeon just rolled her eyes and continued driving.

 

Busan

 

 

 

 

2007

 

 

 

The match started and I have never been so intrigued in a game of football ever in my life. I could careless about the other players, I was staring at Jeongyeon most of the times. I caught my self just gawking at Jeongyeon. 

 

She wasn't terrible at the game, she schooled most of the players. Even Nayeon herself. She didn't have the proper football hear so you might think she would have a disadvantage. But she didn't she was good otherwise.

 

“Close your mouth or you might catch flies" Tzuyu said, I looked down and blushed hard.

 

“I hope she didn't notice, I was staring at Jeongyeon." I stared again though, I couldn't help myself.

 

Eventually the game ended and everyone left the school. Except out friends.

 

“You were better then Nayeon out there" Tzuyu said to Jeongyeon as she came cleaning her sweat with a towel. Her hair sticking to her skin.

 

“Hey! I went easy on her" Nayeon came in cleaning the sweat in her face and neck also.

 

She sighed with defeat.

 

“You were freaking amazing though" she gave Jeongyeon a big sweaty hug. Jeongyeon hugged back.

 

“How was I, Momo?" She asked me, I looked at her. I felt like I was put in a spotlight, a very scary one.

 

“She couldn't stop staring at you" Tzuyu said coldly.

 

I started blushing so hard, Tzuyu being Tzuyu.

 

“Well that's great, I don't mind it" She said to me, while smiling and still cleaning her sweat.

 

“You have to join the team!" Nayeon said, holding Jeongyeon's hand.

 

*10 minutes passed*

 

“Fine" Jeongyeon gave up, Nayeon hugged her picking her up and giving her a knuckle rub in her head.

 

“We start training on Monday, see you there!" then Nayeon started ranting off to the others.

 

“Make me a bento while you're at it.." Jeongyeon mumbled to herself, but I heard her. Real well.

 

“I'll make you one tomorrow" I said, she looked at me.

 

“I was just kidding." she laughed a bit.

 

”Oh nayeon, I fixed your button. From your uniform." I said, she looked at me, and bowed.

 

“Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" She said over and over.

 

We all just laughed it all off.

 

,,

 

I arrived home and took a shower. I kept thinking about what Jeongyeon said about the bento.

 

["Note: Jeongyeon's mom is really busy so she doesn't leaves her breakfast nor lunch. I want you to make her lunch like you do. I tried making her one but I never gave it to her. It's one of my biggest regrets" ]

 

I got up from bed and started to cook the bento for Jeongyeon.

 

My mom came in the kitchen, she looked at me with a weird look.

 

“Isn't it this too much for just you?" my mother said looking at me like I started to go insane.

 

But I didn't care, I will make this bento for her. I will change the future, little by little and save Jeongyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

,,,

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

I recommended a song a top of the chapter, but nothing really sad happened soo. Next chapter is a definite. Please comment, I like it way more better. It gives me more motivation :) I hope you like the story. Also I'm a foreigner at english so please give me a pass :3