Chapter Eight:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ji-ho ends up not walking home with Kyung and I because Minho and him want to work on a new song to perform this weekend. Kyung and I walk off of the campus towards the nearest ice cream parlor. As we enter the store, he tells me to get whatever I want so I order strawberry ice cream in a dish.

"Don't you want a cone?" He asks.

"I'm afraid that I'll make another stain." Kyung orders his ice cream and pays. Once they hand us our ice cream, we begin to eat it.

A smile spreads across my face as I take bites of my ice cream –  this has really made my day better. "Are you happy to get some ice cream?"

"Yes! Thank you Kyung-oppa!" I smile at him.

"No problem. I'm glad you love it." He smiles back.

We continue to walk to my house. "So, did you present today?"

I take a bite of my ice cream and frown. "Yeah," I whine. "I froze when it was my turn to talk, but Minho came to my rescue and said my part of the presentation."

"Well that was nice of him," Kyung says with a hint of angry or something in his voice.

"Yeah, I would've stuttered like a fool if he didn't come to my rescue. I'm glad he saved the presentation."

"Yeah, well at least it's over and done with."

"Yeah." I continue to eat my ice cream.

"So, do you want to go and see Mino perform? Like if you could, would you?" Kyung randomly asks.

I think about what he said for a moment. It would be impolite not to go after Minho invited me.

"He invited me to go see him, so I would."

"Okay, say he didn't invite you and just told you about his performance; would you go?"

I did like his performance last Friday night... or would it be considered Saturday morning. That doesn't matter right now, I would go to see it.

"I would go to see him, I liked his performance." I finish my ice cream. I get slightly depress as I stare into my empty bowl. 

"I see." Kyung continue to eat his ice cream. 

"Why?"

"I was just wondering."

I nod as we get to my house. "Thank you for the ice cream and for walking me home. Have a good night and see you tomorrow." I bow at him. "Thank you for comforting me earlier, it means a lot." I smile at him.

"No problem. Have a good night, Jia." He smiles at me.

I wave to him as I enter my house. I slip off my shoes and go up to my room. This is the first time in months that I'm alone in my house, usually one of my brothers are home. I sit at my desk and start to do my homework, I stop when I get a text from someone.

Bada: Random question! How old is your brother and when is his birthday?

Me: Which one? Ji-seok-oppa or Ji-ho-oppa?

Bada: Ji-seok-oppa.

Me: He's 21 and was born in May 11. Why?

Bada: I was talking about him to some of my other friends and I couldn't remember his age and then I started to wonder when he's birthday is. Thank you! You're the best!

Me: No problem... I guess.

I continue to work on my homework when I get another text. I groan as I see who it is this time.

Minho: Sorry about today during lunch, I didn't mean it.

Me: It's okay, it was an accident.

Minho: Yeah, but then you got all shy and embarrassed because of it. Will the stain come out?

Me: Mom my is a miracl

Please log in to read the full chapter