Chapter Thirty-Nine:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

I sit at my desk as I do the homework assign for the weekend. Once I finish a large amount of it, I begin to review material for my classes. As my dark color eyes skim over the page in front of me, there's a knock at my bedroom door. "Come in," I call to them, my eyes never leaving the page.

I hear the door open and footsteps coming closer to me. Once I hear them stop, I finish the sentence I'm reading and turn around to see who it is. "Can I help you, Oppa?"

"Yeah, you need to tell Mino and Kyung your decision," he tells me.

"I wa-"

"Don't lie to me. I know that you were just going to ignore what happened a week ago. I wouldn't care this much if you spilt food on one of them, but this is their heart you're not responding to. You can't do that." Ji-ho runs a hand through his dark hair.

"But I-"

"Jia, I know you. I know that you won't tell them how you feel because you don't want to hurt the other one, so tell them that," he says.

I exhale and rub my eyes. "You're right, but when should I do it?"

"It should be soon. I can invite Kyung over and you two can talk it out, but you need to set up a meeting with Mino by yourself," Ji-ho states.

"Alright." I glance at the ground. "You're the best brother ever."

Ji-ho pulls out his phone and sends a text to Kyung. "I know. I'll send Kyung in when he arrives."

I nod, he leaves and I return to studying. About ten minutes later, I hear a knock on my door. "Come in," I say, my voice shaking.

As the door opens, I close my text book and turn around. I smile at Kyung, who closes my door and comes over to me. My heart is pounding against my chest as he smiles back.

"I heard you wanted to talk to me," he says.

I nod and stand up. "Kyung-oppa, I need to tell you my feelings for you." I take a deep breath in and try my hardest to remember what I wrote before he got here. I've been practicing my little speech since Ji-ho said he would invite Kyung over.

Kyung rests a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me. "No matter which one of us you pick — if you pick anyone — I'm never going to be upset or angry with you."

His words calm me down slightly but not by much. I take another deep breath in and stare up at him. "Kyung-oppa, I am happy you told me how you felt about me, but as of right now I'm not looking for a boyfriend. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I don't want to keep leading you on and potentially hurt you."

Kyung smiles at me. "It's okay, Jia. I'm glad we can continue being friends and at the end of the day that's all I care about." Kyung pulls me into a hug. "Thank you for telling me this."

I wrap my arms around him. "I'm just happy you are taking this really well."

He kisses the top of my head. "Why wouldn't I?" I shrug my shoulders. "Thanks for being honest with me."

"Thanks for taking it well." We let go of one another and say goodbye. Kyung exits my room, goes across the hall to Ji-ho's and I continue to study.

I end up texting Minho later in the night seeing if it's okay to meet up in the art room after school Monday. When he replies sa

Please log in to read the full chapter