Chapter Thirty-Six:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

When I returned home from the date, I get interrogated by my family as to what happened. I tell them everything that happened, and they start to feel bad about practically threatening Minho minutes before going to see his late Mom, but that feeling quickly passes.

Monday comes and Ji-ho and I get up and go through our normal routines before school. Kyung comes over to the house and the three of us leave for school like we always do. I say goodbye to the older boys like I always do. I sit down at my seat and pull out my things for class.

The day goes by, Minho and I talk to one another during the break. During one of the breaks, I get a text from Kyung. "I'll be back," I tell Minho.

"Okay," comes his reply.

"If the teacher wonders where I am, tell him I went to the bathroom." He nods and I leave the classroom and go to the room that Kyung wants me to meet him in.

I open the door to this music room, Kyung is standing in the middle of the room with his back turn to me. "Kyung-oppa?" I call out to him as I enter.

He whirls around and stares at me. "Jia," he says. I can tell by the way he's acting that he has something on his chest.

I close the door and go over to him. "Why do you need?"

"I need to tell you something," he says.

Called it.

I sit down on one of the chairs and face him. "What is it?"

He takes a breath in and looks at me. "I know that you probably won't feel the same way, but I think you should know now before anything else happens between you and Mino."

I feel my heart rate pick up. I think I already know what's he's going to say. I stare up at Kyung as he walks over to me. He pulls up a chair and sits across from me.

"Jia, I have known you since I was five and I know practically everything about you. I know how you act when you're nervous and don't know how to feel — like right now, how you are siting on your hands so I don't know that they're shaking — and how you are when you're upset. I know that Minho beat me to this, but I need to say it." Kyung grab my hands. "Woo Jia, I'm in love with you and have been ever since the fifth grade."

I stare at the brunet across from me, his large hands cover my small ones. It takes me a moment or two to process what he told me. He likes me and, apparently, he's always had. I can't believe this.

"Oppa," I say. I have no idea on how to respond.

Kyung begins to rub the back of my hand. "I know I kind of just dumped this on you out of no where, but ever since I've seen the way you are with Minho I just got jealous. I just kept thinking, it should be me to be acting all cute with you."

"R-Really?" I stutter. One of his hands move to my face, he caresses my cheek and smiles at me. I drift my eyes away from him. I still don't know what to do or how I feel towards him or Minho anymore.

"Jia?"

I hum in response, I never take my eyes off of the floor.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just that I didn't really see this coming at all."

"You didn't?" Kyung moves some hair behind my ear.

"I didn't think you liked me more than a little sister." I slowly gain the confidence to make eye contact with him again. He begins to chuckle. "What?"

"It's nothi

Please log in to read the full chapter