Full Sun

Unforgettable Romance

Here's a real long chapter for you all!

 Enjoy!


 

 

Full Sun

 

The five friends were still at Taesun's home, coming together about how to go forward with the plan. First thing's first, Jinki had to make a call to Luna. They couldn't forget about it. Jinki didn't know why he had to make the phone call right away but the others pushed him to do so. Luna was a sweet girl, they all knew this, however they also knew or have observed the girI to get jealous every now and then due to the friendship of the two best friends. 

 

Jinki separated himself from the others with a sigh, allowing them to continue conversating. He wanted to be a part of the planning, come on, it also involved him.

 

The others were however done talking about it since there wasn't much to plan. All Taemin and Jinki had to do was tell Taemin's grandma that they were now together and act as if they were dating. Which wasn't hard if you thought about it because they were always together and used to practically do everything together.

 

It was going to be easy peasy.


 

***


 

Jinki was still on the phone. He didn't think explaining why they were doing it would take so  long, but he went through with it, knowing that this will help Taemin. Meanwhile, Minho and Jonghyun headed to the kitchen to help Taesun with some snacks.

 

Taemin and Kibum were on opposite ends of the couch when the younger remembered about what happened earlier in the morning. Taemin debated whether he should even bring it up or not. He honestly didn't want to, but he also needed to know whether that photo was safe from Jinki or not.

 

Taemin scooted himself closer to the designer, still hesitating.

"Hyung." The younger whispered as he turned to look at Jinki, making sure he was still on the phone.

"Yeah?" Kibum replied as he took a quick glance at the younger, telling him to continue.

"You took the photo home with you right?"

Kibum stopped scrolling on his phone and focused on the boy in front of him.

"What do you mean?"

"The photo from last night." Taemin paused. "The one you both brought. You took it with you right?"

"No? I don't think so?"

At this time, Taemin slowly began to panic, his eyes widening as seconds passed. "Hyung, are you sure? I couldn't find it anywhere."

"Tae, I'm sure." Kibum patted the boy's thigh. "I left it on the bed."

"Okay but we both slept in the bed. I made the bed, and still couldn't find it."

 

Kibum didn't know what to say.

Looking at Taemin, Kibum knew the boy had lost it.

 

"I help you look for it. I'm sure it's still somewhere in your room. Don't worry, okay?" Kibum gave the boy another reassuring pat.


 

***


 

Everyone had left to go to their jobs except for Taemin and Kibum.

 

Taemin grandparents had him take a month or two off from work seeing how their little boy was working too much for their liking and for the fact that they were also part of the reason why the boy was stressed right now.

 

Taemin on the other hand, didn't want to take time off of work. work was a distraction for him, especially when his head was a mess, just like now.

 

Taemin and Kibum got into the younger's car. They were just driving, having no location in mind. That is until the both of them got hungry for some sweets. Taemin drove the both of them to a nice cafe a little hidden from the public.

 

"Wow this place is really nice, how'd you find it?" Kibum asked as he was settling into his seat.

"Hyung brought me here once"

"Oh? When was that? Recently?" Kibum expected.

Just before the boy could answer, another boy popped up. "Hyung! you're here again, want the regular?"

"Ah, Donghyuck, yes please, and he'll be getting an americano," Taemin ordered, "right hyung?" Kibum just agreed.

"Regular huh?" Kibum chuckled. "How many times have you been here to have a regular order?" The older teased.

Taemin just smiled.

 

It only meant that Jinki had brought him to this cafe long ago.

 

"Hyung and I were walking around when we found this place by accident. They were at their closing hours though so we didn't go in at the time. But on my birthday he brought me here." Taemin explained.

"And you guys didn't bring us with you?" kibum replied, giving out a sarcastic sighed of disappointment.

"Anyways, which birthday was it?"

Taemin didn't reply and just smiled once again.

 

From that Kibum knew there was something about this place for Taemin. He also figured that since the boy brought him here, it meant the younger was comfortable enough with him about what may be unraveled in the next couple of days or so. Kibum also knew that Taemin just needed some adjusting to do.


 

***


 

The two friends have been at the cafe for two hours now, talking about anything and just catching up with each other. The cafe owners didn't mind the two since they loved the younger boy as if he were their son. Taemin was just that lovable and charming.

 

Taemin's phone rang and he decided to step outside for it, not to bother the others in the cafe that were there to study. Kibum took this time to talk with the staff and owners of the cafe, seeing how Taemin were comfortable with them.

 

The designer spotted the boy that approached them first when they took their seats.

 

"Donghyuck-shi?" Kibum called.

"Yes? Did you want anything?" the boy answered, already getting his notepad ready."

"Do you have a minute?"

Donghyuck took a look around and gave a signal to the others that he'll be taking a break. The young boy sat across the designer, smiling.

"Thank you Donghyuck-shi. I'm Kibum, one of Taemin's best friends."

"Nice to meet you hyung and please, don't call me that. It makes me sound old." The boy laughed. Kibum nodded and smiled.

"I just wanted to ask, how long have you known Taemin?"

Donghyuck looked up to think. "I've known hyung since I was eight. He first came here with another hyung but I haven't seen him for quite a while now."

"How old are you now?"

"I'm nineteen now."

"You've known Taemin for ten years?" Kibum gasped. "How do I not know you? Ah that brat, and you're so cute." Donghyuck laughed and thanked the designer.

"So I'm guessing your family owns the cafe?"

"Yups, my parents named it after me too!" The boy said excitedly."

"Full Sun?"

"Yups, my skin is nice and golden like the sun and when I smile I give out full happiness!" The boy ended with a huge smile. Kibum laughed in awe. This boy was too adorable but he also knew he could be a bit mischievous seeing how he was fooling around with the customers and staff.

 

Their conversation was cut short since Donghyuck was called over to do some work.


 

***


 

Kibum was still alone waiting for Taemin to finish up with his phone call that didn't seem to only be a "quick phone call." He was enjoying his cheesecake but he couldn't get rid of the thought that Taemin had been here with Jinki ten years ago and hadn't brought up the place to the others in that time.

 

The boy came back and apologized for taking so long.

 

Kibum chose not to bring it up to the boy thinking he can use the information some other time to get more stuff from the boy. He wasn't using it as blackmail, no, he wanted to help the boy and understand why he was doing this to himself.

 

"What were we talking about before I got the phone call?" Taemin questioned.

"Something about what happened this morning but before you got to it, the phone happened." Kibum lazily pointed.

"Oh right!" Taemin clapped, "can we head to my place now? I really couldn't find the photo."

 

Kibum agreed and they both headed to the boy's place and in no time they got there.

 

They both headed to the boy's room and started looking around for it.


 

***


 

"Tae, I swear to you, I left it on the bed right here." Kibum said as he patted the spot on the bed.

 

It's been a good half an hour of the two looking for the photo but it was nowhere to be seen. Taemin was frantically looking for it now, knowing Jinki would come into his house all of the sudden. He was afraid that the older would find it and question him why it was ripped.

 

"Okay, let's backtrack last night." Taemin sighed as he bad both hands clutching his hair.

 

They both did so to themselves up until they both looked at each other in shock.

 

They both spoke with their eyes. Then Kibum nodded his head slowly.

 

"No!"

 

Taemin began pacing back and forth.

 

"No." Taemin chuckled to himself.

 

"No"

 

"No…

 

"No!"

 

"Taemin… come on, he has it" Kibum sighed as he fell onto the bed, sitting up to look at the boy.

 

"No!" Taemin said again.

 

"It only makes sense! He was the first to come into this room after we talked in here."

"Then he would've said something to me!" Taemin yelled as he continued to pace back and forth.

"He would've!"

"He would… have…" Taemin quieted down and gasped quietly.

Kibum only looked at him urging him to go on.

"And he did…" Taemin had tears in his eyes at this point. "Hyung, he said something… he said something to me."

 

Kibum got up from his seat and gave the boy a hug from the side, "what did he say Tae?"

 

"He said I was a great liar…"


 

***


 

Taemin fell asleep from the intense anxious feeling he had. Kibum was beside him the whole time and Taemin was so grateful for that.

 

Before leaving the younger to be alone, Kibum tucked Taemin into bed once more, patting his head as he let out a soft sigh.

 

The designer knew how much stress the boy was in. It's almost a funny situation; a couple days ago he had no idea what the boy was up to or what the boy was thinking most of the time. Now, it seemed like he knew more about Taemin than the boy himself.

 

How long are you going to keep this going for?

 

Kibum had a huge inkling that Jinki had the photo, who else would? It only made sense. And with this thought he messaged the dentist, wanting to meet up.

 

Hyung come to Full Sun

Now please 


 

***


 

Kibum got to Full Sun Cafe before Jinki. Before leaving Taemin, he made sure to leave a text message and a note on the boy's bedside table, saying he left to do some work.

 

The designer didn't want Taemin to know he met up with Jinki just yet. Kibum was afraid that the boy's mind might start overthinking about what he and Jinki may have talked about.

No, this is not to say Kibum doesn't think Taemin doesn't trust him. No. He knew the boy trusted him. He just knows that Taemin was or is a bit paranoid, especially because this whole thing dealt with his feelings.

 

Kibum didn't wait long for Jinki to arrive. He gestured the older to settle into his seat, smiling at the man after noticing his heavy breathing.

 

"Sorry did I rush you?" Kibum asked out of concern.

"No, no. I just didn't want you to wait long. How are you?" The dentist asked as he looked around the cafe.

"How do you know about this place?" Jinki asked, not waiting for an answer to his previous question.

"Taemin brought me here earlier." Kibum replied with his arms relaxing to a crossed position.

"Ah,"

"Yeah, that's kinda also why I asked you to meet up with me here. How come the others and I don't know about this place when Taemin and you have known about it for ten years?"

 

Jinki took a long look at Kibum, giving the other a scrutinizing look. He was trying to see if the boy was testing him right now. About what? He doesn't know. But what he does know is that Kibum knew some things about Taemin that he doesn't know about.

 

Jinki put his arms onto the table and clutched his hands.

"When Taemin and I first went here to hang, we said that it would be our place." Jinki replied nonchalantly.

"Why did you guys need a place to yourselves?"

"Being nosy, I see." Jinki chuckled. "You three were constantly following us, we needed a break."

 

The both of them laughed just thinking about the past of how the trio would follow the two best friends wherever they went, hoping to see when the two would eventually get annoyed by each other and fight.

I mean all friends have their little quarrels here and there no matter how close, right?

 

"When was the last time you've been here?"

"Uh three, four years ago?"

Jinki gestured for someone to take their orders and when he saw Donghyuck he let out the brightest smile.

"How've you been Donghyuckie?" Jinki smiled.

"Hyung! how are you?"

The two gave each other a hug, "I haven't seen you come in, in so long!"

"Yeah, sorry about that I've been busy with work. It's so nice to see you again, you've grown so much since I last saw you."

 

Donghyuck took their orders and left the two to continue their conversation. It wasn't long for their drinks to arrive at their table.

 

"So the last time you've been here was that long ago?" Kibum stirred his drink before taking a sip. "With Taemin?"

"Yeah why?"

"Just wondering." Kibum stirred his drink once again before clicking his tongue. "Have you brought someone else here before?"

"No?" By this time, Jinki was wondering why there were so many questions.

"Why haven't you?"

"I don't know? The place just kinda slipped my mind I guess. And I did say this place was kind of mine and Minnie's place."

 

The two didn't talk for a while. Jinki did wonder a lot why so many questions were thrown at him. Kibum, on the other hand, was trying to straighten out his mind. He had too many questions he wanted to ask but he wasn't even sure if these questions would give him the answers he was looking for or just lead him to a million more questions.

 

"Taemin's a regular here."

"Oh?"

 

He still goes here? Without me? Has he brought other people here other than Kibum? 

 

He somehow felt some type of way and he wasn't sure how to describe the feeling.

 

Jinki took big gulps of his coffee and Kibum just stared at him.

 

He's thinking.

 

The both of them thought. Jinki knew how to read all his friends just by looking at their mannerisms. Kibum, knew more.

 

No one spoke for a few minutes.

 

"You have the photo right?" Kibum began, this time he was the one to give the scrutinizing gaze.

 

Jinki was shocked to say the least. Now, he knew Taemin was looking for it, which only meant Jinki wasn't meant to find it. Which... was pretty obvious.

 

"Yeah, I do"

"Why didn't you say anything?"

 

It took a while for an answer. "Because I wasn't sure if I was even allowed to."

 

"So I'm guessing you also have read what's on the back?"

 

Jinki didn't want to answer, but there's no use in hiding now.

 

"Yeah,"

 

Jinki paused.

 

Why is he pausing?

 

Jinki hunched himself over the table and took a good long look at the designer in front of him. Taking a deep breath before letting it out in a long sigh.

 

"And I know he still loves me."

"How would you know that?"

 

Jinki pursed his lips, later letting them out in a pop. He closed his eyes as he relaxed into his seat. Kibum didn't like the look Jinki was giving him right now. Made him think he messed up somewhere in this talk.

 

"You coming here and asking me about the photo confirmed it for me."



 

 


Really hoping you guys are still enjoying this. The story is moving a tad bit slower than originally planned but that's because I've made afew changes to the plot and added more to it.

 Thankyou for reading!

'Till next time, bye!