A Great Liar

Unforgettable Romance

I think I'm getting the hang of updating frequently again. Finally! After four years, Damn, that's actually a long time

Enjoy!


 

 

A Great Liar

 

Jinki was getting himself settled in Taemin's bed as his friends were still talking amongst themselves. He had reminded the couple about how it was getting late and that they should be heading home only because he remembered what he found the first time he entered the room that night. He waited for Taemin to leave the room with the others to pick up his pants and pull out what was kept in the pocket.

 

He looked at the photo with a heavy heart.


 

***


 

Before the others came into the room, Jinki had already seen what was written on the back. He remembered the year it was written and that’s what made it hurt more. After seeing the photo he knew that this may be the reason as to why Kibum and Taemin were talking by themselves.

 

Seeing how the photo was ripped into pieces broke his heart. He was going to ask Taemin for it because he was going to include it in a montage for when his wedding happens, but he’s sure the photo won’t be a part of it now.

 

It only left him to wonder, when was it ripped? He could guess a couple times when he talked to Taemin about asking Luna out the first time, or when he talked about his dates with the girl, the proposal, the future, everything. Taemin could have ripped it at any moment; moments that were too many to count.

 

Was he so dense not to know that his best friend had held such feelings for him since the beginning?

 

He wasn’t even sure if Taemin still had feelings for him, but he could guess the boy still did, seeing how the conversation between Kibum and the younger took long.

 

He put the photo back into his pocket and looked back at the bed.

 

Was it still okay for him to sleep beside the other when he knew Taemin’s feelings now?

 

When Taemin had told him he had a boyfriend, he had already felt iffy. Jinki knew the boy would’ve introduced them to each other by now, but Taemin always made some excuse.

 

He knew the boy was lying about his so-called relationship ever since the words “I have a boyfriend” came out. Taemin wouldn't just say it like he did. He'd usually hint that he had a person he liked before saying he was actually dating them, then again, that habit last happened in middle school.

 

He walked to the bed and lied down.

 

How does Taemin feel when he lies beside me?

 

Sure, Jinki understood that being beside the person you love could get you used to the feeling, but he wanted to know how Taemin felt the first time they were close to each other. Of course he remembered that during those days, he would constantly be talking about some person he was interested in at the time.

 

I must've broken his heart many times.

 

Thinking about how Taemin may have been looking at him, made him think about how he looked at Taemin now. His thoughts about the boy didn’t change. He was okay with people having feelings for the same gender and it wasn’t a secret to Taemin that Jinki had his fair shares of guys he liked back then.

 

, that must've hurt him a lot too.

 

To know someone you loved can love you back the same way you did, but didn't. Yeah, that must've hurt more.

 

Now that he thought about it, it was always him who talked about the people he liked, he never really heard anything from Taemin about small crushes, besides from the ones during middle school. Did that mean that Taemin had feelings for him to the point he was the only person the boy looked at?

 

That thought made Jinki happy.

He shook his head though, he already had his life figured out.

 

Just as he began to get settled in once again, Taemin walked in. He gave a smile to the younger boy, smiling wider when it was returned.

 

“Hyung, you’re just getting into bed?” Taemin smiled.

“Yeah…” He smiled back.

 

This didn’t feel weird.

 

It didn’t feel weird to him that the boy who had deep feelings for him was about to sleep on the same bed as him. It didn’t feel weird to him that he felt comfortable that Taemin loved him.

 

“Did you need me to help you get tucked in?” Taemin joked as if he was talking to a five year old. “I do…” Jinki let out that huge smile of his, “I’m not five but I am getting old, so please help this old man.” Jinki joked along.

 

Taemin did help him and later went to the other side to settle himself in.

 

Taemin had his back to the older and Jinki was lying on his back. Jinki knew the boy wasn’t asleep yet because the boy would’ve said ‘goodnight’ and he could see the light from the younger’s phone.

 

Jinki was thinking to himself again, then he remembered what Taemin said earlier.

 

Is he really getting married to someone he doesn't love?

 

To Jinki, that wasn’t fair. Taemin couldn’t even get to pursue the career he wanted and now he’s giving his life away to someone he didn’t even know.

 

“Minnie?” Jinki called out.

“Yeah?” Taemin turned his head to look at the older, he later shifted his body to face Jinki.

 

“Are you really going to marry someone you don’t love?”

“Yeah, not yet though, but it’s going to be great for everyone.”

“Everyone but you.”

“Well, I don’t mind. I knew that the minute I agreed to hold the company I’d have to marry someone from another.”

“Why don’t you care?” Jinki asked as he shifted his body to face Taemin's.

“Well… that’s because love isn’t for everyone. I can’t seem to find that person for me, so I’m letting others do it for me.”

“That’s stupid.”

“I know, but you see… in the future, we’ll both be happy with our decisions.”

“Will we really?”

“I don’t know, but that’s what I like to believe.”

“Why?”

“It’s more better that way. More happier.”

“How can it be happier when you, the main character of your story, isn’t?”

“Sometimes just seeing the people around us happy makes us happy.”

 

It was silent after that. The two only looked at each other, each giving a look as if observing or reading the other.

 

“You don’t actually have a boyfriend do you?”

“I don’t, it took you long enough though.” Taemin chuckled.

“I kinda knew from the beginning”

“How so?”

“You would’ve introduced us by now.”

“Well, I guess I’m a bad liar then.” Taemin shrugged with a playful smile.

 

“No you’re not.”

 

That caught the younger boy off-guard.

 

“Huh?”

“You’re a great liar.”

 

Silence.

 

They continued to look at each other.

 

Taemin had no clue how to continue the conversation. How was he supposed to reply? This was a first for him; not being able to answer anything related to himself. Only Lee Jinki could do this to him.

 

“Good night Minnie.” Jinki smiled.

“G-Good night hyung.”


 

 


This was something... wasn't it? I know it's kinda eh right now, but don't worry, it'll get better!

As always, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

'Till next time, bye!