The Beginning

Unforgettable Romance

I’ve been jumping from story to story and I thought I should work on this one just because.
ok lol I had an explanation as to why I started to focus on this one, but it was too cheesy and that’s just not me. BUT WOW I UPDATED, that’s cool
Enjoy!


 

 

The Beginning

 

Lee Jinki and Lee Taemin. These two boys were well known for being the closest of best friends you'll ever see.

 

They’ve known each other since the beginning of middle school. A time and place where people their age would be looking for new friends they can have deep conversations with, and yet still be able to joke around together.

 

The two boys have known each other from a mutual friend whose name is Jonghyun. This young man was eager to introduce the two boys to each other. The reason being? The two boys had different personalities, yet they both had something in them that made them so alike.

Individually, they were two completely different people, yet put them together, even if it’s only in your head, they were almost like soulmates.

 

Maybe they were, they just didn’t know it yet. Maybe the proper term for them were twins, not clones.

 

Whenever one of the two hung out with Jonghyun, the boy would always bring up the other even when he knew that the two boys have never spoken to each other. This was part of the reason why Jinki and Taemin thought it’d be weird to have a conversation together since they both knew so much of each other already.

 

They both knew that the other knew so much about them. I mean, if you had a friend like Jonghyun who was constantly hyping up the friendship he believed would happen, I think it was obvious enough.

 

That's what was so similar between them. They both over thought the friendship thing and they didn’t know whether to be friends with the other or not. Sure they knew the other was nice but they only saw the differences between them and of course, that only meant disagreements. From Jonghyun’s stories, they were alike, but in person, seeing each other from a far distance, it seemed almost like a lie.

 

In short, Jinki and Taemin were two strangers who were already best friends.


 

The soon-to-be-friends weren’t in the same homeroom, that meant that they barely seen or talked to each other. The only words being exchanged between them were awkward ‘hellos,’ that is until a party happened.

 

Not a lot of people were invited, Jonghyun made sure of that. He was the type to only surround himself with those he liked to keep close, also, it meant getting the two to talk to each other. His plan was to have a few people invited so that the interaction between Taemin and Jinki would increase and eventually become friends. Of course the two didn’t know about this. They both thought it’d be a party with at least five people from each of the same-aged class. They should’ve known Jonghyun would get frustrated with them and do something to make the friendship form faster.

 

That evening, the two boys finally had a conversation. They talked about anything that came to mind and there wasn't a single awkward silence between them, which made it much more easier for the two.

 

Jonghyun was right, they were so alike, however the both of them saw the differences too, which made them question what was happening. The difference wasn’t much from what they both had expected, there was actually quite a few more similarities than differences.

 

Through the conversations they had that night, they knew they matched in terms of being friends. They talked and talked and even forgot to include the people around them.

 

The next school day, they hung out with each other. They were seen laughing and playfully punching the other as if they’ve been friends since birth. Many were surprised to see the duo together because the both of them were pretty popular, so through the others’ eyes it was like two rivals who've became friends.

 

What a funny word, “rivals…” they were far from that.


 

The two boys were into girls at the time, not knowing their interests could change in just a few years. As the days and weeks passed by, they’d talk about the girls they had a crush on, making Jonghyun whine for being left out. Jonghyun didn’t really care though, he knew he couldn’t get in between of the two best friends, it was just how it became.

 

Taemin was the kid you’d constantly watch over because he appeared to be innocent and fragile. For awhile he hated it, but those who were close to him knew otherwise. They've seen him use that part of him to get away with what he wanted. The things he wanted weren't anything bad, they were just these little “can I get another day for this assignment” things. He'd use his innocent face to get out of trouble.

 

He was also the kid who you’d talk to about your love interests with, not knowing that he had feelings for you.

 

Yeah… he was that kid.

 

The boy had some girlfriends here and there. He was actually quite popular all around. Girls found him charming because he had some hidden traits that made him manly. Boys found him beautiful, some even said they’d only go gay for him. At first it shocked him because he was friends with some of the guys who've said it. Now, whenever he heard such words he'd just get flustered.

 

He got used to it.

 

This became one of the reasons as to why Jinki was now protective of him. The older boy knew how their friends were and he didn’t want his best friend to fall for one of them, although he knew the boy was straight, he still couldn’t risk it. The other reason was because the younger boy seemed to be fragile on the outside, but he knew in truth, the boy was strong, stronger than him.

 

Jinki was different, every few months his love interest would change. Don’t get him wrong, he’s a really great guy, he would actually have deep feelings for the person, but he was the type to have his feelings suddenly disappear even without him wanting to. And like Taemin, he was popular to both boys and girls, and because of that popularity, people didn't really care whether Jinki was like this or not. Some were even happy because that meant more chances to be with him. Then again, Jinki didn’t date just anyone. In order to date him, you had to win his heart. You didn’t need to bring him chocolates or confess to him, you had to win him with your actions that no one else paid attention to, but him.


 

Taemin and Jinki were the duo everyone knew they couldn’t get in between of. What made the two boys more appealing was that they weren’t those popular kids who slacked, no, they did their work and joined in many activities the school took pride in. They were proud to be a part of that.

 

There were times when Jinki would constantly talk to Taemin about his frustration towards his bad habit of falling for another person when he clearly had someone already. The older boy was against cheating, it was wrong and he didn’t want to be that kind of person.

The moment he starts to think about another person while already being in a relationship, he’d break it off. He didn’t want to hurt the people he dated at all because that isn’t his intention at all.

 

Taemin would get annoyed by the amount of times the older boy would call him late at night with the same problem. He couldn’t blame Jinki though, he knew the older really liked those people he dated. It was also a question to him as to why the older could move on so fast.

 

The first few times this situation happened, Taemin told Jinki to take a break from dating however, Jinki started to act differently. He couldn’t pinpoint what had changed in the older boy but he knew that Jinki taking a break from it was not a good idea. Now, now, Taemin isn’t saying that Jinki had to depend on a relationship to be himself, no, Jinki just wasn’t himself, he wasn’t playful and he always seemed to doze off.

 

He talked to the older, telling him that it was okay to take breaks but it wasn’t okay to oppress yourself when it came to feelings. So from that day on, Jinki was a lot like himself, yet it took him a couple of days to start dating again.

 

In the end, the phone calls were appearing at night again and Taemin would remind the older that they were still pretty young to think so deeply.


 

In high school, Taemin was already well-known for his looks but when everyone found out that he could dance and play the piano extremely well, people who didn’t bat an eye at him before, fell in love with him because of the passion that was visible to anyone whenever he danced or played.

 

During his high school days Taemin didn’t date, never said yes to any confession he received and many questioned him for it. Some even thought he was hiding a lover. Jinki thought so too. It was what their first fight was about. Jinki wasn't used to the feeling of Taemin keeping him in the dark and because of that, it led to him questioning the boy, to not getting the answers he expected, to yelling at each other.

 

The fight didn't last a day. Jinki felt guilty right after the yelling because instead of believing Taemin when the boy constantly told him he wasn’t seeing anyone, he believed in what the others were saying.

So, that night, he went to Taemin’s place without even telling the boy.

 

What he saw, he didn't want to see again.

 

The younger wasn't crying, no, that wasn't what Taemin did, instead Taemin had this look in his eyes showing slight betrayal and distrust. However, once Jinki explained himself, Taemin thought about the older’s personality and how it was.

 

The look in Taemin’s eyes changed to something, something that Jinki didn’t quite get. While the older was explaining himself, Taemin recalled Jinki as someone who was insecure even when he tried not to show it to him. In the end, Taemin forgave him and apologized as well for making Jinki feel like he was kept in the dark.

 

Taemin knew Jinki felt like he was always left behind because of his bad habit of suddenly losing feelings for others. Although Jinki was an amazing guy, people still liked to talk. Jinki wasn't stupid, he knew they talked. Taemin also knew that Jinki was scared that he too would leave him behind.

 

Silly boy, that’s never going to happen.

 

Due to the fact that Taemin didn’t date, some even thought that Taemin fell for Jinki but those people were too scared to say anything, thinking the friendship the two created might break if someone was to word it out. Jinki heard rumours about Taemin having multiple secret lovers, a personality that was only for show, and a rumour about how he broke many hearts here and there, but he shut them all down. He didn’t want the younger to hear any of them, but he wasn’t a hero, he knew the boy knew what they were saying.

 

It was weird, people constantly talked about the rumours even when they knew it themselves that they weren’t true. Taemin didn’t mind, he knew those talks would die down once he was done with highschool.

 

Everything was really great besides the rumours about Taemin and since Taemin didn’t care about them, Jinki began to stop caring as well — not too much though, he wanted to protect the boy. He stopped minding them because he knew that if his best friend turned a blind eye, it meant that they weren’t true.

 

The two were always the ones being talked about, whether it be their looks, new achievements, or talks that arise due to jealousy of what the two had, however, there was always this one question that has been floating around since middle school.

 

How did two opposites become the closest of friends?

 

Of course the people who questioned were the ones who didn't know them well enough to know that they were actually alike in so many ways. But it wasn’t only a wonder to others, it was a wonder to them as well. Sometimes they would question each other as to why and how they became friends.

 

They both didn't have an answer, they knew Jonghyun played a part in it, but that didn’t answer the question of how they became this close. Whenever the two heard this question, they both didn’t know how to answer, but Jinki would always jokingly blamed it on Taemin’s looks.


 

Taemin didn’t date and everyone knew that. Out of the two, it was always Jinki who had someone. Everyone knew that he’d switch onto a new person every few months, but in their last year of high school he found someone he really loved. He’d constantly talk about her to Taemin with hearts in his eyes and this time… those hearts lingered a little longer than most.

 

Taemin was happy and excited for his friend. Seeing how the way Jinki now acted, he knew Jinki could change that unwanted habit of moving on from person to person.

 

He knew that Jinki really found who he loved.

 

This is where the problem starts.


 

 


This is a bit of a mess, I know, but I wanted a short back story of the two first, so that you guys can understand how their friendship worked a bit. Thank you for reading.
‘Till next time, bye!