Time for Resolution

Silent Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks had passed and things were changing between Mark and Jinyoung, even if Mark didn’t notice or refused to notice. He still didn’t know what Jinyoung was up to these days because despite of living in the same apartment, Mark wouldn’t spare a glance at the younger.

But he wasn’t blind to everything Jinyoung was doing for him. Making him breakfast before he would leave for practice, sometimes he would even bring him dinner from his favorite restaurants but what really caught Mark’s attention was that he never forced him to eat with him. Not that Mark would anyway, but he appreciated how Jinyoung gave him the space he needed. Jinyoung wasn’t asking anything in return for everything he was doing and even though Mark hated to admit, it was melting his heart little by little.

When the weather got slightly colder, one night he came back to find new sweaters in his room, hanging neatly in front of his cupboard. If asked, Jinyoung would probably say Jaebum or Jackson got that for him but Mark wasn’t stupid. He knew the younger’s taste and his motherly instincts that probably compelled him to buy this when he caught Mark sneezing the other day.

Mark was used to being in the receiving end of Jinyoung’s care but given the circumstances, it was a bit frustrating. It was giving him hope that Jinyoung might have changed his mind and he hated the thought of being let down again. Therefore, he refused to surrender to optimism and chose to wallow in self-pity instead.

But the differences were there, regardless of whether or not Mark acknowledged them. He would still do petty like leaving the room once the younger entered, slamming the door in the process or not responding when Jinyoung would call out to him in his soft mellow voice and just skilfully ignore Jinyoung’s hurt expression even though the guilt would be clawing at his insides later. Jinyoung didn’t seem to be discouraged though; he kept showering Mark with all these gestures that was driving the elder crazy. And maybe it worked because slowly the doors were not being slammed, but closed gently, the need to disappear from the room the moment Jinyoung entered also went away and while he still refused to talk or look at the younger, Mark became more open to accepting all of his gestures.  

This went on for another week before something unusual happened. Mark came back from his daily walks to find Jinyoung sitting on the chair, facing him. It was only 6, so the younger was still supposed to be at practice but it was clear from his body language that he was waiting for him instead.

Walking in cautiously, he looked anywhere but at Jinyoung even though somehow he knew this time he will be stopped. All those gestures must have been building up to something bigger and sure enough, Jinyoung spoke

‘Hyung, can we please talk?’ The pleading in his voice was so intense that Mark couldn’t help but look up and that was a mistake too. He hadn’t looked at the younger for so long that now looking at Jinyoung made his heart drop. There were bags under his eyes, his hair was a mess and his eyes so desperate, begging Mark to not leave. It took everything it had in him to not reach out and fix his hair for him, like he used to do all the time.

‘What is there to talk about Jinyoung?’ His own voice was soft, no hint of anger probably because Jinyoung’s appearance dissipated all of it. ‘Didn’t you say everything you wanted to say last time?’

Jinyoung visibly flinched at that reminder and averted his eyes for a second before looking at Mark with a new kind of determination.

‘Give me one chance to explain myself. Just one and I’ll never bother you again, but please just give me one chance, listen to what I have to say and then-’

‘Is it along the lines of ‘date girls and get over this phase’ kind of thing? In that case I’m good Jinyoung-’

‘NO! Please I don’t want to say anything like that. I know I was an idiot. A homophobic one. Just listen to what I have to say, see where all that ignorance came from, see where I come from and then I won’t force you anymore. You have my word.’

Mark would be lying if he wasn’t shocked at Jinyoung’s words. Did he just admit he was homophobic? Is he going to apologize, is that what this is all about? Mark’s heart was racing as he considered the possibility and nodded reluctantly at Jinyoung when he heard another ‘Please Mark’.

‘Sit with me please’

Mark took a seat next to Jinyoung, making sure that there was a reasonable distance between them and ignored how Jinyoung’s face fell at that. He didn’t think he would ever talk with Jinyoung again but maybe it was the desperation in the younger’s eyes or his choice of words that made him agree to this. What was the worst that could happen? If Jinyoung again says some insensitive , he can always run away to another place, city, country. He had always been good at running away from his problems.

‘Thank you’ Jinyoung said, and while he sounded genuinely thankful that Mark was gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter