New Girl

Room 614
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein zipped her bag closed and slung it over her shoulder. She tip toed across her room towards the bedroom door, opening it slowly.

She peeked into the hallway, making sure the coast was clear. 

"Noona, you're still up?"

Wheein jumped, "omg, you scared me!" she hissed putting her hand to her chest. 

Her cousin put gave her a blank stare, "are you going somewhere? It's kind of late to go out," he pointed to her bag

She adjusted the straps, "just going to a friend's house to study" she lied. 

He raised an eyebrow at her, "you made friends already? You just moved here though"

She walked past him, wishing he'd let it go, "yeah, everyone's pretty nice here" 

She put her shoes on and turned back to look at him, "if my parents ask..." her voice trailed off as she thought of an excuse 

He stood with his arms crossed not buying her lie, "alright, I'll cover for you," he sighed feeling defeated, "you're lucky you're my favorite cousin"

She ruffled his hair, "you rascal, I'm your only cousin" 

She put her shoes on and closed the door quietly, walking towards the main road. 

She walked quietly, keeping her eyes down at her feet.

Her family was constantly moving, which meant she was always the new girl when the school year started. It didn't help that she was shy and quiet, so by the time she made friends, she eventually had to move away. 

As she got older, she found the whole process tiring and troublesome, so she eventually stopped trying. 

But she decided to make an effort this semester. 

She approached the front gates and looked up at the empty school. She felt shivers down her spine. 

"you actually showed up?" 

She turned around to the sound of the voice and found a group of girls standing behind her

"Uh yeah, you said if I did this you'd let me join you right?"

The girl put a hand on her hip and scoffed, "I mean that's if you last the night" 

"Remember, you have to stay in room 614 and say the name 3 times," another girl added from the back

Wheein let out a breath, " I can do it, it's just for tonight" she looked back at the school and turned back to look at the girls, "wish me luck?"

One of the girls rolled her eyes, while their leader waved her away impatiently

Wheein walked towards the school, suddenly feeling nervous.

"JaeEun-ah, if she does complete this, we're not actually gonna let her in right?" 

They watched her back walk closer to the school 

"I mean just look at her. Our reputation in the class would go down if she joined"

JaeEun smirked, "of course not. This was just for entertainment girls" 

Everyone walked away giggling as one girl looked back feeling guilty.

 

X

 

Wheein walked through the school corridors, looking into every classroom until she arrived in front of room 614.

She peered into the room "Hello?" she called out to no one in particular. 

She sat down on the floor, opening up a bag of cookies, "this isn't so bad" 

The sound of thunder made her flinch from where she sat. 

She shuddered, running her hands up and down her arms, "Wheein-ah, calm down. There's no such thing as ghosts" 

The room suddenly got cold, she felt a chill go down her spine, she whipped around and found a pale girl with long black hair, staring at her with no expression. 

She felt her body tense up, then she saw nothing but darkness

X

 

Wheein woke up on the floor, the sound of the rain still coming down. 

She grabbed her phone and the flashlight, shining it around the room. 

"That's weird. I know I saw her. It wasn't my imagination," she thought to herself. 

"Oh, you're finally awake," she heard an unfamiliar voice say

She turned in the direction it was coming from and saw the same girl, sitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter