0.6

My I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The nurse isn't in and can't help. He needs to go to the doctors, he can't stay at school." I relayed what the school's administration officers said to me to Minghao's mother, speaking in Chinese so it was easier to understand for her. "Junhui, sweetie, I can't do anything, my work has sent me to China for some tasks and I physically can't be there right now. The only way for him to get to a doctor would be if someone else were to take him." She answered and I frowned. "Okay then Mrs Xu. Don't work too hard. We'll see you when you get back. I'll work something out." She only had enough time to say goodbye before I hung up and started pacing.

"Mr Wen? What did Mr Xu's mother say?" The main administrative officer asked. She was the one who helped me with putting Minghao into a bed in the sick bay. "She said she can't come... But I am allowed to take him to see a doctor." I added quickly, the idea coming out of my mouth as fast as it came to mind. "How can we be sure you will take him there and not elsewhere?" She asked, looking suspicious, but then she continued once she noticed how offended I was.

"It's not that I don't trust you, not at all, but we need proof that you can be trusted to take a sick student to the doctor without a parent. That's just how the school system works, you know that." That is absolutely not how the school system works, that's just how our school works. Nevertheless, I nodded in response and tried to think of a way to convince her to let me take Minghao to the doctors.

"I have known Minghao for 15 years, I doubt I'd do anything to hurt him, he's my best friend." She looked at me doubtingly and I sighed, taking the photo of Minghao and I when we were kids from the area between my phone and case. "Nobody really knew this but we dated for a few months." I told her what I had wanted to tell nobody, just to get Minghao out of the school.

I froze when my arm was halfway stretched to show the administration officer the picture from my childhood.
Why was I doing this? Why was I putting so much effort into getting Minghao out of school and to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter