The Unwanted

Mates Oneshots {Open for requests}

Oneshot #2

AN: thank you for waiting, I'm sorry I took so long!

Hakyeon bit his lip nervously as he waited beside Leo’s locker.

Taekwoon had taken to avoiding him, ever since the night of the incident. Hakyeon himself had been relieved. He didn’t want to see the face of his secret crush. Not after sharing a night with him.

Hakyeon didn’t want to see the disappointment that would surely be painted on the other’s face. So he had also done his best to avoid Jung Taekwoon. The highschool’s heartthrob.

It could not be avoided any longer.

He glanced at his watch, certain that he’d already missed him. When he glanced up again, Hakyeon’s breath caught in his throat. Taekwoon was standing right in front of him. His brows were furrowed and he raised one in surprised questioning.

“I….how have you been Taekwoonssi?” He swallowed around the lump in his throat.

“I’m fine. Why are you standing outside my locker?” he demanded, suspicion lacing his face.

“I have to speak with you.” He got out in one rush.

“Then speak.” Taekwoon looked at him as if he were just an annoying bug he’d discovered clinging to his locker.

Hakyeon glanced around the crowded hallway and bit his lips.

“In private, please.” He leaned closer and whispered.

Taekwoon huffed in impatience, grabbed Hakyeon’s elbow and led him out a side door to the back of the school.

He released him and turned to stare at Hakyeon’s face.

Hakyeon fidgeted with his fingers, biting his lip nervously again.

“I…” His throat closed up.

Taekwoon huffed again, annoyance painting itself on his face.

“What is it?!” he demanded.

“I…I am pregnant…Taekwoonssi..”

Silence enveloped them, only a faint rushing of the wind could be heard.

He was silent for so long that Hakyeon started wondering if he’d heard him at all.

“Impossible.” Taekwoon frowned, his voice carrying only a hint of uncertainty.

“Ani…I’m a carrier-“

“And you couldn’t mention this before we had ?” Taekwoon was furious.

Hakyeon shook his head quickly in denial.

“I didn’t know! I went to the doctor yesterday, I only knew since then! Besides, I wasn’t in any state to say anything coherent at that time. You know that very well.” He tried to keep the emotions out of his voice. Taekwoon didn’t need to know how much it had hurt him.

Taekwoon ground his teeth in frustration.

“Get rid of it then! Why did you come to me? It was a mistake!”

Hakyeon gasped, shock and hurt, even anger filling his body.

“A…a mistake?” he muttered uncomprehendingly. He wrapped his arms around his stomach.

Taekwoon grumbled about the stupidity of the omega before him.

“Yes. A mistake. Something that should never have been possible.” Taekwoon turned to go back inside.

“T-taekwoonssi..I can’t..”

Taekwoon looked over his shoulder at Hakyeon.

“Do whatever you want. I don’t care.” With those final words the Alpha disappeared through the door to the school.

Hakyeon slid down the wall, hugging his knees to his chest, silent tears falling from his eyes. He knew, in that moment, he knew what the fate of him and the litter he carried was.

A litter wouldn’t survive without the presence of both parents. Just as a pregnant Omega could not survive without the extra energy from his bond mate.

Hkyeon’s body shook with the force of his sobs, despair in his heart eating at his life force like a parasite.

Hakyeon stayed outside until lessons were done for the day. Thoughts of the short future ahead of him, swirling around in his mind. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want their litter to die. But he had already been rejected.

Worst of all, he needed the other. The longer he was away from him, the weaker Hakyeon became.

As the last bell sounded and the students left the building, hakyeon joined the crowd and looked about for Taekwoon.

He spotted him in the distance and ran to catch up, he grabbed on to Taekwoon’s arm just as he reached a black limo with tinted windows.

“Taekwoon, please! Please give me a chance. I…I want to live…I want our litter to live…” he begged quietly.

Taekwoon turned to him, scowling at the tanned boy and ripped his arm away from him.

Hakyeon whimpered as pain flared in his chest.

Taekwoon turned away.

Hakyeon fell to the ground in a dead faint, paralysed by the silent rejection from the one his wolf had chosen as it’s mate.

Taekwoon’s reflexes reacted before he could think about moving.

“Taekwoon!”

He turned to the voice, gasping softly when he realized that his mother had come along with his driver today.

“U-umma!” He gapped, eyes wide.

“Get in here! You’re causing a scene. Bring the boy too.” She snapped in a quiet but demanding voice.

Taekwoon had no choice but to obey.

He gatered the boy in his arms and ducked into the limo. Hakyeon remained unconscious, his body slumped to the side awkwardly. Leo sat as far away from him as he could.

Mrs. Jung noted the state of the strange boy and her son’s behavior around him.

“Is this your mate?” She raised her eyebrow at him.

“Ani umma…he says he is having my litter…”

She gasped and her eyes widened comically.

“That’s that then…you must marry him.”

Leo’s eyes widened in shock.

“M-mwo? Marry him? Wae?!”

Mrs. Jung nodded.

“Yes, I’m afraid you must…the omega and his pups will perish without you.” She stared at him with only seriousness in her gaze.

*The day of the wedding*

Hakyeon smoothened out his shirt one more time before wearing his white jacket, he could barely look at his reflection in the eye.

“Cha Hakyeon, you can do this..” He murmured to himself even as his heart threatened to burst out of his chest and run away from all the nervous feelings within him.

He still couldn’t believe that this was happening. It had been only a week since he had fainted on the street and woken up in Leo’s house. A week since Mrs Jung had tols Taekwoon to marry him.

He couldn’t think straight. His wildest daydream was coming true. He was getting married to his mate. To his long time crush.

He could barely breathe.

His mother guided him down the aisle and placed his hand in Taekwoon’s. Hakyeon could feel the heat of his almost husband’s stare. He glanced up and quickly looked back at their hands as he was met with Taekwoon’s icy glare.

He said his vows softly, being careful not to stutter and retreated to their table for the reception. The chill that surrounded his heart made him very slow and sluggish.

Taekwoon was now his…only his. It should be the happiest day of his life. But it wasn’t. Taekwoon hated him. And there was nothing he could do to fix that.

A few months later.

Hakyeon waddled around in the kitchen, glancing at the clock as he worked.

“Ah..Taekwoonssi will be home soon..” He smiled and checked on the soup, humming softly as he tasted it.

He tidied up the kitchen and prepared the dining table, knowing that his husband was especially grumpy when he got home from work and the faster he got something in his stomach, the less grumpy he would be.

He turned off the stove and went to the bathroom to wash up before dinner. Hakyeon petted his baby bumped and smiled gently to the litter as he talked about the yummy food they would get soon.

He skipped down the stairs and got to the kitchen just as the sound of the front door echoed through the room.

He grinned and opened his mouth to call out a greeting.

Soft gasps and the sounds of clothes being pulled off along with quiet giggled and hushed whispers met his ears.

Hakyeon froze, eyes wide.

“Taekwoon ah…come on don’t tease…” A strange male voice carried to the kitchen. Hakyeon covered his mouth and hid under the table as footsteps grew closer.

“Ah…looks like the maid left early..the food’s still warm, are you hungry?” he asked his guest.

Hakyeon’s eyes filled with tears, his fingers trembling softly.

“Oh yes..but I’d rather eat you.” The other person sighed and Hakyeon jumped in fright as the table shook.

“Then…” His husband’s voice drained off into a whisper as Hakyeon tried not to imagine what was happening on the table.

“Not here silly!” The voice came again and Hakyeon tried not to listen as the lovers made their way to his husband’s bedroom.

He curled up under the dining table and cried silently, hugging his tummy and trying to breathe.

This wasn’t good. He shouldn’t get stressed out or the litter would be in danger.

He cried himself to sleep under the table where he had planned to have dinner with his mate.

He didn’t come out until the next morning, when he was greeted with the smug face of his husband.

Taekwoon had known he was there all along.

A few weeks later

Hakyeon groaned softly. He shifted around in bed restlessly, the heat threatening to consume his body.

He knew that he needed his mate’s touch to relieve the pain but he refused to call the man. Taekwoon would probably laugh at him then go on with his own business.

Hakyeon suffered alone for 3 days. By the time his heat had passed, he could barely make it to the kitchen. He passed out of the floor, where his husband found him later.

Taekwoon stared at the body on the floor. He sighed softly and lifted the other into his arms, carrying him to his room and dropping him onto the bed without an ounce of gentleness.

He secretly hoped that the litter the other was carrying would disappear. He felt wronged and he wished them dead. How dare they trap him with this omega?

This omega who looked at him with such warmth in his eyes, the omega who cried at everything he did. He was too weak and so easy to break. Taekwoon had used everything he could to get the other to annul the marriage.

Cheating in front of him, calling him a maid, insulting and belittling him he’d even left the other to fight his heat all lone.

Yet, Hakyeon still looked at him with that warm smile and made him dinner and went around holding his stomach protectively as if the things inside were precious.

Taekwoon frowned at Hakyeon’s still figure and called in the servants to see that he was taken care of.

The other looked sickly pale.

As the days went by, Taekwoon got home earlier, he made his own food and left some for the other. He never admitted it and Hakyeon never confronted him but the dishes were always empty and clean when he returned to the kitchen during the night.

AT first Hakyeon was shocked at the change in his husband. What was wrong with him? Why was he suddenly nice?

Eventually, he decided it would be best not to look the gift horse in the mouth and spent the days feeling pampered by the small change.

It seemed like his quiet husband was finally welcoming the marriage.

Still, Hakyeon tried not to get his hopes up.

But maybe…maybe Taekwoon could grow to love him too.

TBC I think.

AN: So what did you guys think? Do you have any other oneshot requests? (only vixx and mate related).