Seven

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven

            Weekends were becoming the times I looked forward to the most.  It was the only time I could guiltlessly spend large chunks of time with Kyuhyun.  Since we were technically new to the romantic end of our relationship, it was as if we’d just started dating and we honestly couldn’t get enough of one another.  We wanted to be around each other all the time.  And no one tried to stop us.  Our parents were so thrilled that we’d finally reached this stage, they barely even knocked on the door to interrupt us, even if it was just to tell us dinner was ready.  I think they had been starting to worry that we would never reach this point—that somehow there was a mistake about us being mates as children—but there wasn’t.  We had just simply needed time to grow into those roles. 

            Of course, no one was happier than Kyuhyun and I.  Things were going much smoother between us after my heat.  You’d probably assume my grades started slipping because I wasn’t as focused on school, but they were actually improving.  Kyuhyun started tutoring me in math, which was bringing up my test scores by leaps and bounds.  His grades were never affected by our love life—he’s just brilliant and naturally has an easy time with classes—but he was far less stressed out once we became completely involved together. 

            I knew none of that would last if I ended up pregnant though.  My grades would plummet and Kyuhyun would become less focused on school and stressed out about financially supporting a family and raising pups.  We were far too young to be dealing with problems like that, so I kept my fingers crossed that I hadn’t gotten pregnant during my heat, but Kyuhyun still talked about it as if it were a done deal.

            “Are you hungry?” Kyuhyun asked, rubbing my bare stomach as he kissed my cheek. 

            We’d just woken up a little while ago, having slept in.  I was a little exhausted from a long week of studying and testing, wanting little more than to spend my Saturday morning wrapped up in his arms.  “A little.  I don’t want to get up yet though.”

            Kyuhyun nuzzled my neck, kissing and nipping the sensitive skin.  “It’s probably not good for the pups if you starve yourself though.”

            I smacked his chest.  Hard.  “I’m not pregnant!  Quit saying stuff like that.”

            Kyuhyun pulled back enough to look down at me.  “You don’t know that for certain.”

            “I’ve showed no signs of being pregnant.  I haven’t had any morning sickness.  I haven’t gained any weight.  I haven’t been tired or moody,” I pointed out.

            Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at me.  “You haven’t been moody?”

            “No more than usual,” I insisted.

            “Not everyone shows all the signs of pregnancy right away.  And you fell asleep before nine last night, so I’m not convinced that you haven’t been more tired.”

            “Someone’s been keeping me up late,” I pointed out.  “For , which wears me out.”

            Kyuhyun just smiled and didn’t argue the point.  “Well, we’ll find out on Monday when you go to the doctor’s again.  Am I allowed to come with you?”

            “Sure,” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer.  “But I don’t want you to be too disappointed if I’m not expecting, because I’m pretty sure I’m not.”

            “But if you are, are you going to flip out about it?” he asked.

            “Of course!  And I’d have every right to because then I’d have pregnancy hormones I could blame on it for the next nine months.  If I end up knocked up with your pups, you can bet your I’m going to make sure you feel as miserable about it as I do!”

            Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.  “I just meant, you’d still want to have them.  Right?”

            “Oh,” I realized, laughing.  “Yeah, I’d still have them.”

            My mate exhaled a deep breath and kissed me briefly on the lips.  “I love you.”

            It had been several weeks since we started sleeping together and I still hadn’t said it back to him, but my feelings for him seemed to grow daily.  Already, I couldn’t imagine living without him and wondered how we’d gone so long without becoming romantically involved when it was clearly the piece that had been missing between us all along.

            I reached up and traced my finger over his lips.  “Kyu.”

            “Hmm?” he asked, nibbling on my finger.

            “I love you, too, you know.”

            Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as he looked down at me.  “You do?”

            “Yes!” I said, smiling wide as I pulled him closer and kissed him again.  This time, Kyuhyun did not pull away immediately and we made out for a long time, just kissing and holding each other close, until we needed to finally break away to catch our breaths. 

            “Say it again,” Kyuhyun breathlessly asked.

            I began to laugh and reached up to play with his messy hair.  “Were you worried that I didn’t feel the same?”

            He nodded.

            I pecked his lips again.  “I love you.”

            Kyuhyun smiled wide and hugge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter