Two

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I felt sluggish the next morning as I heard the alarm blaring.  “Turn it off,” I grumbled.

            Kyuhyun chuckled a little and leaned over me to turn off the alarm clock.  Then he wrapped his arm around me.  I nuzzled into his chest a little more.  For some reason, he felt extra comfortable that morning and his scent seemed even more alluring than normal.  I pressed my nose against his chest and inhaled deep. 

            “You smell good today,” Kyuhyun said, bending his head down to sniff my neck. 

            Feeling ticklish from his hair brushing my skin, I giggled a little and tried to back away.  “Stop that.  Quit smelling me and let me sleep a few more minutes.”

            Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around my waist.  “Your parents have already left for the day.  What if we just skipped classes and stayed in bed.”

            For a split second, I actually thought about saying yes.  It must have been his pheromones working on me in my half wakefulness.  For a moment, I let my eyes close and began to drift back to sleep.  Then I began to think about what might happen if I stayed in bed with Kyuhyun all day and I nearly fell out of the bed in my haste of get away from him.  I think he was a little taken aback by how quickly I managed to roll out of bed and untangle myself from the blankets, just trying to put distance between us.

            “No!” I shouted.

            Kyuhyun sat up in bed, staring at me.  “No?  Are we back to being repulsed?”

            I stared at him a moment, not sure what to say.  “I, ah…I have a big test today.  In math.”

            He nodded, although I could tell by his emotions and the way his brows furrowed that he didn’t believe me.  I’ve always been a terrible liar.  It’s doubly hard to lie to your mate though.  They can tell your emotions are off when you’re feeding them a line.

            “Do you want to shower first?”

            He shook his head, looking more upset than I’d seen him in months.  I quickly headed to the bathroom, not wanting to see the disappointment on his face.  I didn’t feel repulsed by him, just awkward.  I’d even dreamt about us kissing as I slept, no doubt brought about by him kissing me before I fell asleep.  But it wasn’t a bad dream, just strange.  I wasn’t sure how I felt about it still. 

            My head didn’t clear much as I showered, but at least I felt more awake.  The grogginess was dissipating and I realized just how close I’d come to sleeping in and skipping class.  I wasn’t afraid of missing anything at school, but I was terrified at the idea of Kyuhyun trying something in bed.  In the last couple months, I’d noticed him touching me more at home and was beginning to wonder if his hormones were changing or something.  He was becoming more alpha on me and asserting dominance a little more, although he was never mean and never crossed any lines with me. 

            I was spacing out a little, thinking about Kyuhyun, and took longer getting dressed and fixing my hair than I meant to.  I was still in the middle of brushing my teeth when Kyuhyun knocked on the door.  I let him in, giving him an apologetic look.  “Sorry.  I’m almost done.”

            “That’s fine,” he said, walking over to the shower and turning it on.  “I’m just going to start my shower so I don’t run late…since you’re making me go to school.”

            “I’m not making you go to school,” I said, glancing at him through the mirror as he removed his t-shirt.  “I just refuse to stay home with you.”

            “What’s the point of staying home alone?” he questioned. 

            “You could still…” I watched as Kyuhyun pulled off his flannel pants and underwear.  His back was to me, so all I could see was his , but he certainly had a damn fine .  I got a little distracted looking at it.  When I stopped talking, he looked over his shoulder at me. 

            “Still?”

            “Um, what?  Oh, ah…sleep in.”

            Kyuhyun smirked.  “We don’t have to sleep in, you know.  I could think of better ways of spending the day with you,” he said, winking at me.

            I could feel my cheeks heating up and leaned over the sink, spitting into it.  “I have a math test,” I reminded him.

            “You don’t even like math.”

            “Which is why I don’t want to repeat the class,” I pointed out, rinsing my mouth out with water, not daring to look over at him until I felt certain he’d entered the shower.  We’d dressed in front of each other since we were little—hell, we used to bathe together as kids—but it had become problematic the last few years.  I felt shy about changing in front of him and I avoided openly watching him dress, although I sometimes peaked when I knew he couldn’t see me.  He’d become so attractive in the last few years.

            I waited to hear him enter the shower, but instead, I suddenly felt his hands on my upper arms and his chin on my shoulder.  “I could tutor you in math if you want, you know.”

            “You don’t need to do that, Kyu,” I said, turning my head his direction.  “I don’t want to waste your free time.”

            Kyuhyun pressed his front against the back of me and I gasped a little in surprise.  He’d never acted so bold before.  “Spending time with you isn’t a waste,” he simply said, leaning in and brushing his lips against mine. 

            Kyuhyun pulled his lips away marginally and opened his eyes to gauge my reaction, his nose still touching mine, and when I didn’t pull away, he leaned back in and kissed me harder.  This time, I began to kiss him back.  I honestly don’t know what came over me—curiosity, attraction, hormones—but we began to peck each other’s lips, over and over, and gradually lengthened and deepened the kisses over the next minute or two.  I honestly couldn’t tell you how long we stood there.  By the time I pulled away, my lips were wet and swollen, tingling from the feel of Kyuhyun’s lips on mine.  I was damn close to changing my mind about skipping school and knew if I stayed in the bathroom with him any longer, my willpower would break. 

            “You should hurry and shower.  I’ll make us breakfast so we don’t run late,” I offered.

            Kyuhyun sighed heavily and pressed his lips against my cheek before heading over to the shower.  I avoided looking at him, a little embarrassed over what we’d just done, but glanced back as he entered the shower.  I just can’t help myself sometimes. 

            I rushed out of the kitchen and made a quick breakfast, managing to burn the toast and make the eggs too runny, since I couldn’t concentrate on my work.  I was still thinking about kissing Kyuhyun and wondering what the hell t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter