Three

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Cho Kyuhyun!” I hollered, marching over to the table he was sitting at in the lunch room.

            Kyuhyun immediately swung around to face me, a smug smile on his face.  “Yes, love?”

            I assumed I was already as pissed off as I could possibly get, but once he used his pet name for me—one that he usually reserved for me in private and when I was angry with him—I was truly seeing red.  “You had no right to announce anything about our relationship to the school without my permission.”

            “I figured most of them would just take it as a baseless rumor if you didn’t confirm it, but you walking over here and giving me about it in the lunchroom is going to make it harder to deny now,” he said, smirking.  I knew better than to think he had any desire to deny we were mates anymore, so I just folded my arms over my chest and glared at him. 

            “I mean it.  I expect an apology.”

            The amused expression left his face.  “You’re not getting one.  I’m tired of alphas hitting on you when you’re obviously claimed already.  If that’s not good enough to keep them at bay, I’m going to have to be more active about it, whether or not you like it.”

            “I wasn’t ready to answer questions about us, Kyu, especially when I don’t know how to answer them,” I told him.

            Kyuhyun stood up and hurried over to me.  “What do you mean by that?”

            I just turned around and began to walk away, but my arm was grabbed and I was pulled into a hug.  Thankfully, it wasn’t Kyuhyun or I would have probably slapped him.  It was Heechul.  “About damn time you came to sit with us!  And here I find out that you and Kyu have been mated all this time and you never sit with us at lunch, despite my asking you to all the time,” he complained, dragging me over to the table and setting me down between Kyuhyun and him.

            “It’s because you sit with Kyuhyun that I don’t want to sit with you.  I didn’t actually want the whole school to know that we were mates,” I informed Heechul, glaring at Kyuhyun as he sat down on the bench beside me.    

            “Yes, yes, I understand,” he said, wrapping his arm around me, clearly worried that I would bolt, “but that doesn’t explain why you didn’t tell me!”

            I sighed heavily.  Heechul always thought he was the exception to every rule, but perhaps this time, he was.  He was already mated as well, to Leeteuk, and had been since he was twelve.  It wasn’t as young as Kyuhyun and I, but it was still pretty damn young.  Leeteuk and him had meet when they were about ten, in school, and once puberty started to hit, they couldn’t stop themselves from mating any longer.  If anyone did understand Kyuhyun’s and my circumstances, Leeteuk and Heechul did. 

            “I’m sorry, hyung.  You’re right.”

            “I know,” he simply said, releasing me and starting to eat his lunch. 

            I opened my lunch and realized it was actually Kyuhyun’s.  I’d handed him the wrong one in my rush that morning.  I looked over at him and pointed down at the bento box.  “It’s yours.”

            “I know.  I usually just eat it if you give me the wrong one, since I’m pretty sure you don’t want me showing up to your table and telling them that I got the wrong one.  Guess it doesn’t matter now,” he said, switching boxes with me. 

            “I guess not,” I mumbled. 

            Sungmin walked over to the table and gave me a questioning look.  “Now that your relationship is out of the closet, you’re not eating with your friends anymore?”

            I shook my head.  “No, I will.  I’m just eating here today.  It’s complicated.”

            Leeteuk scooted closer to his mate and then grabbed onto Sungmin’s arm, pulling him down onto the bench.  “Join us!”

            Sungmin smiled tentatively, a little nervous about sitting with the hyungs for lunch.  We’d never quite understood why Kyuhyun always sat with the upperclassmen, aside from having a number of classes with them.  Kyuhyun’s kind of a nerd and takes some advanced classes.  Like math.  I’m a little behind in math, which is why I’m such good friends with Henry.  We’re in class together. 

            Kyuhyun touched my back and leaned towards me.  “I don’t want to fight with you.”

            “You should have thought about that before you beat up Yesung this morning and told everyone about us,” I said, angrily eating my food.

            “Are you mad that I fought with Yesung?  Do you like him or something?”

            I turned to face him, puzzled by his question.  “Of course not!” 

            “You sound like you do!”

            “I’m mad because everyone knows about us now!” I argued.

            “Everyone knew you were taken already,” Kangin pointed out from across the table. 

            Most people were terrified of the alpha senior and avoided talking to him altogether, let alone saying anything that might piss him off.  That included most of the teachers in the school.  At that moment, I was a little too angry, in general, to give a crap.

            I pointed at him and stared daggers at him.  “But no one knew who I was mated to.  Now everyone’s going to be talking about us and watching our interactions all the time!”

            Kangin smiled, amused by my little outburst.  “It will blow over in a week when the next scandal hits.” 

            Kyuhyun moved a little closer to me.  “It’s not a bad thing for people to know.  We never should have kept it a secret to begin with.  It’s not normal to keep something like that a secret from people,” he argued.

            “It’s strange for people to be mated at such a young age!” I threw back at him.  “Have you met anyone else that’s been mated since they were children?”

            “No, but that—”

            “My cousin met her mate and was marked when she was five,” Shindong interrupted our conversation.

            “I wasn’t asking you,” I told him.

            Shindong shut his mouth and elbowed Siwon, clearly entertained by our argument.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter