Chapter 2: Where Have You Been?

Entrapment: A Mute Marriage Sequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking to school is always a bore. Usually we have Mark with us to keep us talking about random things. The sidewalks are filled with groups of students like us walking to school. I still can’t get in touch with Mark no matter how hard I try.

“Anything from Mark yet?” I ask worried.

“Ani, nothing yet,” he says as he checks, then pockets his phone yet again.

“Have you tried calling him?” Young-Soo questions as he walks beside us.

“’Have you tried calling him?’ Of course, I have. He didn’t answer,” Myung-Dae mocks our brother.

“Myung-Dae, be nice to him. He was only asking a question,” I say slightly hitting my brother.

“You are always sticking up for him,” my twin grumbles.

“Yah! It’s because he can’t protect himself from you. You such are a big bully towards him. Someone has to protect him when our parents aren’t here,” I explain smiling.

“You don’t have to protect me. I am perfectly fine on my own,” Young-Soo says.

“Yeah, Myung-Hee, you don’t have to protect him,” Myung-Dae smirks.

I roll my eyes at both and continue walking.

“Hyung, nonna, isn’t that Mark hyung?” Young-Soo says pointing across the street.

My brother and I stop in mid step and look across the street. I see my best friend leaning against a wall. His blonde hair perfectly tousled. He was wearing a grey shirt that had a cross made from roses and grey skinny jeans with black boots. He was accompanied by another blonde guy. The other boy wore all black which made his hair stand out even more. I could see them do some kind of a handshake, then the guy in black walked away.

“MARK!” Myung-Dae yells from across the street.

I watch Mark look in our direction, then push himself off the wall. I keep a straight face on as Mark slowly walks towards us. As he gets closer to us, I see a smile stretch across his face.

“My twins! And little brother. You guys found me. I was just about to head to our meeting place,” Mark says smiling.

“I’m sure you were,” I say angrily then start walking away leaving the boys behind me.

“What’s wrong with her?” I hear Mark ask as they walk behind me.

“She’s been worried about you all morning. You haven’t messaged us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter