Joshua's last wish

I Hate School Trip

A/N: Sorry for late update! I'm super duper busy lately due to my assignments and stuffs! This is the latest chapter. I recommend you to listen to Smile Flower/Laughter while reading to this chapter. Thanks for reading and enjoy it! :))) Comments are welcome! 

 

6

 

“I’m sure Jeonghan’s sister will be pleased with the gift!” Mingyu exclaimed excitedly.

 

“What makes you so sure though? You are not his sister.” Seungcheol retorted.

 

“I can feel it! What do you know about that?”

 

Jihoon sighed when they started to bicker. Suddenly, someone tapped his shoulder. Jihoon turned around and found the smiling Joshua.

 

“Joshua?”

 

“Can you help me out this time?” Joshua asked, still with smiling face.

 

Jihoon raised his eyebrow and asked curiously. “Is there anything you want to do here?”

 

Joshua nodded and pointing at someone who’s playing a guitar.

 

“You want to play a guitar?”

 

“Not just playing. I want to perform in front of the crowds.”

 

Jihoon was taken aback. The word ‘crowds’ disturbed him. But he can’t bring himself to turn down his friend’s last wish too…

 

“This is your unfinished business, isn’t it…?”

 

“Yeah.” Joshua nodded with a smile.

 

Jihoon sighed and finally surrendered. “Fine. I will tell them.”

 

“I’m not saying I’m a girl! You are a girl!”

 

“What?! Repeat what you just said!!” Their bickering was on the other level now.

 

“Hey, stop it. Aren’t you guys embarrassed quarrelling like a child in front of the crowds? If you really want to attract attention from others, go ahead. I won’t stop you guys but just do it in right way.”

 

“He started it first!” They said in unison while pointing at each other respectively.

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “I can’t believe you guys. Take this.” Jihoon handed in a guitar to Seungcheol out of nowhere.

 

“Huh?” Of course, the raven haired was dumbfounded. Where did he obtain this guitar? “Hey, I’m not Joshua. I don’t play guitar.”

 

“Now you are.” Jihoon exclaimed.

 

Before Seungcheol can even open his mouth to oppose, someone enters his body and possesses him beforehand.

 

His lips curved into a smile right away. “Thank you, Jihoon.” Joshua, who’s possessing Seungcheol right now bowed and thanked Jihoon. It made Jihoon somewhat flustered.

 

“Okay. I don’t think this is Seungcheol because Seungcheol is kinda impolite and rough though… So, I’m guessing this is the ever polite Joshua?” Mingyu took out his camera and snapped a picture. He was surprised when he reviewed it. “Bingo. I’m right.”

 

“You may do as you please now.” Jihoon gave permission on behalf Seungcheol.

 

“But can you do me a favour?” Joshua asked. Of course, being a Lee Jihoon right now can’t bring yourself to turn down his offer.

 

“What is it?”

 

Meanwhile, Soonyoung’s walking in dazed somewhere around there. He looked lost and troubled. Therefore, Wonwoo stops him by bumping into him purposely.

 

“Oh, sorry— Wonwoo! What are you doing?” Soonyoung exclaimed.

 

“You are walking aimlessly. So, I’m thinking to startle you a bit~” Wonwoo snickered. But Soonyoung on the other hand stays quiet unlike the usual hyper Soonyoung.

 

Wonwoo sighed. “Okay, I’m sorry. So, what’s on your mind? You want to share it?”

 

“I don’t understand something. You see, the reason why we can’t move on because we have an unfinished business here but as far as I could remember, I don’t have any regrets left in this world. Why am I still here though?”

 

“Hmm~ that’s the reason?” Wonwoo said boringly.

 

“Hey! You are the one asking me so what’s with that attitude??” Hoshi snapped.

 

“No. I’m guessing that much but I expected you to say something else because knowing you, you are full of surprises. But oh well~” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders annoyingly.

 

“Hey, I’m serious over here.”

 

“I’m serious too. You have the answer so why bother to ask it?”

 

Soonyoung was dumbfounded, “What?”

 

“It’s because of Jihoon obviously. Don’t worry about it that much, Soonyoung. When it is your time, you will go. Same goes to me. For now, let’s just enjoy our last moment in this world. Wee-hoo!!” Wonwoo jumped here and there.

 

“Now, I’m questioning myself. Why did I befriend with you in the first place?”

 

“Obviously, because you love me, Soonyoung.” Wonwoo winked.

 

“Eew.” Soonyoung rolled his eyes.

 

“Please come and watch our friend’s performance!” Jihoon and Mingyu’s voice snapped both Soonyoung and Wonwoo back into reality. They’re exchanging stares and tilted their head in confusion because they didn’t know Joshua’s trying to make his last wish comes true.

 

People started to gather around them one by one. Even though Jihoon was embarrassed as hell but he managed to keep his composure outward.

 

“What’s Joshua doing over there?” Soonyoung asked Wonwoo who’s as confused as him.

 

“Don’t tell me he’s going to fulfil his last wish?” Wonwoo guessed. Therefore, they walked nearer.

 

“Hello, my name is Joshua but you can call me Seungcheol. Thank you for your time. Today, I would like to sing a song to my friends. I’m sure they are all here watching me. Guys, I dedicate this song to you.”  

 

♪ Without knowing why, sometimes those thoughts just appeared out of nowhere lately ♪

 

Joshua’s honey vocal started to echo along with the sound of the guitar he produced.

 

“Wait. Whose voice is this?” Mingyu whispered.

 

“It’s Joshua. Even though people thought it was Seungcheol’s but this voice is actually Joshua’s.” Jihoon replied while trying to immerse himself into Joshua’s lyrics and sweet voice.

 

You, who’s so happy and beautiful and us, right now who are doing well ♪

 

The lyrics remind Jihoon to those days he spent with Soonyoung.

 

“I’m Kwon Soonyoung! From now on, we are friends, okay?” Soonyoung exclaimed excitedly yet genuinely.  

 

If we were unfortunately separate one day, what should I do? Of course it won’t happen but I don’t really know why I’m thinking like this and I hope you don’t have thoughts like these

 

“Okay. Let’s say that if I’m not around, what are you going to do? There’s no way I will let you enjoy everything alone.”

 

“You are going to leave me? Fine. I’ll just enjoy everything alone--”

 

Soonyoung back-hugged Jihoon thus startled the pink head.

 

“W-What are you doing!? P-People are watching!”

 

“If you are still saying you can survive alone, I won’t let it go.”

 

“You are so troublesome today, Soonyoung! Fine! I will try to open up a bit but just let me go now! People are watching!”

 

Soonyoung slowly released the grip and smiled. “That’s Jihoonie I know!”

 

Because we’re together, I’m able to smile and because of you, I’m able to cry. How could there be anything I can’t do if like this

 

“Jihoonie! Look over here~!” Soonyoung made a funny face.

 

“Pfft!! HAHAHA!!! What’s with your face?” Jihoon rolled on the floor, laughing.

 

Tears started to run over Jihoon’s cheeks.

 

Never ever say, “This is our last”. I’ll stay by your side. Whatever happens, we will always smile like we used to be

 

Suddenly, Jihoon can feel a cold hand squeezing his hand. It’s Soonyoung. He knows Jihoon’s feeling right now but Jihoon could not contain his feelings even more. The facts that Soonyoung will eventually leave him later upsets him.

 

No matter when and where you are, even if we’re unable to be together, we will always smile like we used to be

 

I’ll become the spring to your smiles.” Soonyoung sang the last verse along with Joshua.

 

The audiences applauded loudly. Some even shed tears listening to it (including Jihoon).

 

“Thank you for your time.” Joshua bowed and thanked genuinely with his sweetest smile ever.

 

As people slowly dispersed from there, Jihoon and Mingyu approached Joshua-Seungcheol.

 

“You did a great job out there, Josh! I’m moved and Jihoon’s crying!” Mingyu exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Isn’t it a bad thing, making Jihoon cried?” Joshua joked.

 

“It’s not that bad.” Mingyu grinned.

 

“Shut up, Mingyu.”

 

“I’m glad you said that.” Joshua dusted off his pants as he stood up from the chair. “I think it’s about time for me to go.”   

 

“You are really going…?” Mingyu asked in disbelief.

 

“Yes. I’ve fulfilled my last wish thanks to you guys.”

 

“Joshua…” Soonyoung and others appeared.

 

“You guys really come to see me off. Thank you. I’m touched.”

 

“We will follow you afterwards. Take care.” Jeonghan said with a smile.

 

“Thanks, Jeonghan.”

 

“Hong Jisoo.”

 

They turned to the owner of the voice which is Jihoon.

 

“Thank you for everything. Truthfully, I’ve enjoyed your music all this time but your last song really caught me. I… I…”

 

“Thank you, Jihoonie. I’m glad you like it. So, guys. Until we meet again. Send my regards to Seungcheol too. Without him, I can’t do this. Farewell…” Joshua bid his farewell and finally disappeared from their sight. Everyone shed tears when Joshua left but not Minghao. He did shed tears but he managed to control it. He then boldly possesses Seungcheol that is half-conscious right after Joshua left his body.

 

“I’m next.” He said firmly.

 

“Minghao…?”