Welcome to Class 2E!

I Hate School Trip

SVT Academy; Memorial Room

 

In memories…

 

The picture of whole students from class 2B including their homeroom teacher that were involved in the tragedy (except Jihoon and Seungcheol) are hanged on the wall. Minghao’s, Hansol’s, Dino’s and Soonyoung’s are there too.

 

Seungcheol and Jihoon stood and stared at it as well prayed for them.

 

“I always think that I’m lucky to catch a cold that time but deep inside me I’m envious of you, Jihoon. You are able to spend time with them for the last time but I can’t.” Seungcheol broke the silence.

 

He knew that. Jihoon knew that Seungcheol would feel that way. Soonyoung already told him and he was right. That time was the first and the last time he spent with his classmates. Although it’s a little bit awkward for him but he can’t deny the fact that he’s having fun.

 

“That’s right. You can’t find the memories anywhere. It’s irreplaceable.” Jihoon muttered and exited the room. Seungcheol soon followed the suit. They walked side by side.

 

“Principal asks us to move to class 2A since there’s just the two of us left. He will leave our class as it is.” Seungcheol started the conversation.

 

“Seungcheol.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I ask for a change of class? I want to go to the other class.” Jihoon said, nearly pleading.

 

“Soonyoung’s class…?” Seungcheol guessed. He knew their relationships. No. Almost everyone in the academy knows the first place in grade, Lee Jihoon is an introvert whose best friend is an extrovert Kwon Soonyoung as Soonyoung always bragged about his best friend wherever he went. Even Seungcheol who doesn’t really close with Soonyoung knows.

 

Jihoon smiled and shook his head. “No. It’s Mingyu’s. What if we change the class together?” he invited the raven haired along, still with a smile.   

Seeing Jihoon’s smile made Seungcheol smiled too. He doesn’t know why but Jihoon’s smile make him feel at ease. Who would not? It’s Lee Jihoon, the introvert, for real. He rarely smiles or more accurately, never saw his smile before. There’s no way he could turn him down. “Of course. Class 2A is kind of boring though. They always studies…” he suddenly remembered the first day he entered the class. They didn’t even bother to look at him. They just focused on the book, studying. Seungcheol sighed in disbelief when remembered that.  

 

“Um, Seungcheol?” Jihoon’s voice snapped him back to reality.

 

“Yes?” He turned to the pink head.

 

“I’m sorry for accusing you skipping class previously…” Jihoon apologized with a slight blush. He’s not looking at Seungcheol and just looked down on his shoes but Seungcheol knows he’s sincere. It’s just his face doesn’t match.   

 

Seungcheol softened into a smile when looking at Jihoon. Cute. “It’s okay! Let bygone be bygone. So, let’s go!” He has to admit that this is the longest conversation he ever had with Jihoon.

 

SVT Academy; High School Division; Class 2E

 

“Oh… It’s them…”

 

“They are really here…”

 

“They are entering our class right now, like in the fourth period?”

 

“Supposedly they entered class 2A but seems like one of them requested to enter our class.”

 

“Could it be they are Mingyu’s friends?”

 

The students murmured as soon the duo entered the class.  

 

“I’m Choi Seungcheol. Nice to meet you.” Seungcheol introduced shortly with a slight bow.

 

“I’m Lee Jihoon. It’s nice meeting you guys.” Jihoon smiled while introducing himself. The class stunned in awe when they saw his smile. Although he has a cute face but they never saw his smile before. It’s undeniable cute!

 

“He must have knocked his head somewhere…” Some of them murmured, probably jealous seeing Jihoon smiled so cutely.

 

“Suddenly, I have goosebumps…”

 

CLICK.

 

“Kim Mingyu! This is the nth time I’ve told you not to use the camera in class. If you keep using it, I won’t hesitate to confiscate it!” The teacher reprimanded him, giving him an endless warning for using his camera in class.  

 

“I’m sorry, teacher~” However, Mingyu just smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his head. He then turned to the duo excitedly. “Welcome to our class, Jihoon, Seungcheol! You can sit next to me, Jihoon!” He offered the seat next to him for Jihoon but the latter seems uninterested.

 

“Hmm~ but that’s my seat though.” A voice whispered to Mingyu’s ear which startled the clumsy guy.

 

Somehow, he knew that voice very well. That’s not Jihoon’s or Seungcheol’s or anyone’s but from someone else. But who? He thought hard about it until one person came across his mind.

 

He gasped in surprise when he finally recognized it. “M-M-Minghao!?” He turned to Seungcheol in disbelief. Seungcheol on the other hand was dumbfounded when Mingyu suddenly turned to him. “What?”

 

The moment when Mingyu mentioning Minghao’s name, the class flinched in surprise including Jihoon. Bringing out your dead friend’s name out of blue in class would definitely freaked them out. They quickly turned to Mingyu.

 

“Mingyu! S-Stop saying Minghao’s name casually like you see him! You are scaring us!” they yelped at him.  

 

Mingyu squeaked and just apologized nervously. “I-I’m sorry…… I didn’t mean anything!”

 

“Can you see him?” Jihoon asked, almost whispered when he approached the photographer. He, himself can’t see him but maybe Mingyu can? Who knows?

 

“Seungcheol, he…” Mingyu lost in words when he tried to explain to Jihoon.

 

“What’s with me?” Seungcheol interrupted when he heard his name being mentioned.

 

“Err… no. Nothing!” Mingyu quickly shook his head in denial. Seungcheol just raised his eyebrows, curiously.

 

“Anyway, Seungcheol, Jihoon, you can sit at the empty seats back there. I’m sorry Jihoon but the seat next to Mingyu belongs to Minghao. Nobody’s dare to sit there but if you insist, you can sit there.”

 

“Uh, no, no. I don’t intend to sit there in the first place. I will just sit with Seungcheol at the back there.” Jihoon refused politely with a slight bow.

 

“You heard him, Mingyu.” The teacher scoffed.

 

Mingyu just nodded with half-hearted smile and finally settled down. Then, he turned to Seungcheol, still dissatisfied. He’s convinced that the one he saw was absolutely Minghao! He kept staring at the raven haired until the guy smirked mischievously at him. Mingyu flinched when he saw that. He knew that smirk. It’s not Seungcheol’s. It’s definitely Minghao’s! He’s not wrong and he will prove it! “Wait and see!”

 

“Kim Mingyu!” The teacher’s voice snapped him into reality. He smiled sheepishly while muttering an apologize. “Sorry…” The teacher looked somewhat annoyed and followed by laughter from the classmates.  

 

 

A week had passed since the duo transferred to class 2E.

 

CLICK. CLICK.

 

Mingyu reviewed the photo that he snapped but somehow, he was not satisfied. “Tsk.” He clicked his tongue. It’s been a week he kept on capturing Seungcheol’s photo but he could not prove Minghao’s presence inside the track & field club captain. He began to doubt himself. Is Minghao really inside there?

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Jihoon asked the troubled Mingyu as they were heading to cafeteria.

 

“No… He…” Mingyu pulled Jihoon closer to him and whispered. “I think Minghao possessed Seungcheol.”  

 

Jihoon gasped in surprise. “What?”

 

“But when I reviewed it, Minghao’s not there. You can’t see him either, right?” Mingyu showed the photo of Seungcheol that he captured just now.

 

“Wait. Are you saying that you can see them too?” Jihoon who was not clear what’s going on furrowed his eyebrows, signaling an explanation.

 

“Uh no. I can’t see them with my eyes like you do but I can see them through the camera. I mean when I capture it.” Mingyu explained when showing a picture of Wonwoo that he captured previously.

 

“Why don’t you tell me?” Jihoon said, sounded a bit offended.

 

“I’m sorry. I thought I want to surprise you…” Mingyu said with nervous smile while scratching the back of his head.

 

“What are you guys discussing about?” Seungcheol who was walking in front of them all this while turned around to ask the duo who seems like discussing something.

 

They flinched in surprise. “Uh… well… no. We are thinking to visit Minghao’s grave and house after school…” Mingyu bluffed.

 

“Oh! Good idea! Minghao used to be my member back in track & field club too. Let’s go together then!” Seungcheol who bought the lies said excitedly. Mingyu then turned to Jihoon, asking for opinions but the latter just shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes.

 

“Okay then!” Mingyu decided to continue with the bluffs which made Jihoon sighed in relief.

 

“Jihoon.” A voice echoed in the hallway calling out Jihoon’s name but somehow only Jihoon can hear it. He turned around and found Minghao. The red head however signaling Jihoon to remain silent as he doesn’t want Mingyu to know his existence there. Knowing Mingyu, he probably make a fuss about it so Jihoon sort of understood Minghao.

 

“Hey, I think I left something in the class. See you at cafeteria.” He came out with an excuse and immediately escaped.

 

“Um, okay?” Mingyu and Seungcheol just watched the pink head disappeared from their sight and went to the cafe ahead as being told without suspecting anything.

 

 

SVT Academy; High School Division; Class 2E

 

“Is it true that you possessed Seungcheol? Mingyu said he saw you in Seungcheol.” Jihoon asked curiously.

 

“Yes. I just want to but I don’t want him to know that I’m here.” Minghao admitted proudly.

 

“Okay… Then, why are you still wandering around school? I thought everyone already move on to the other world?” Jihoon haven’t seen them since the last time he met with Soonyoung during rainy day. He thought they already moved on.

 

“Who says that?” Minghao narrowed his eyes.

 

“No?” Jihoon asked him back.

 

“No. Everyone is still here. We still have an unfinished business here though. That’s why we won’t be able to move on.” Minghao stated which surprised Jihoon.     

 

“Then… Soonyoung is still…!” Upon hearing everyone is still here, Jihoon quickly made his way to his class, Class 2B to meet his best friend (although Soonyoung’s in class 2C but the ghosts gather there).

 

“Jihoon!” Minghao called the excited pink head but the latter was too absorbed to meet his best friend.  

 

BAM! He slammed the door.

 

“Soonyoung!” Jihoon panted from quite running.    

 

“Oh, Jihoonie~ what’s wrong with you? You looked like you just saw a ghost.” Seokmin asked the tired Jihoon.

 

“Idiot. We are ghosts.”

 

“Oops. I forgot.” Seokmin just laughed sheepishly.

 

“W-Where’s Soonyoung?” He finally asked when Soonyoung and Wonwoo are nowhere to be found inside the classroom.

 

They suddenly turned silent upon hearing the question. “About that…”

 

“No way…” Jihoon disheartened after looking at their reaction. He knew what it meant. He should expect this but he had a slight hope that Soonyoung was still there even though he knew it’s wrong to think this way.

 

“Do you miss him?”

 

“I do…”

 

“Say you miss him first.”

 

“I miss him… I miss Soonyoung. I don’t want him to leave yet…”

 

“Eh~” the voice sounded cheeky.

 

Jihoon snapped back to reality after he heard very familiar voice. He turned around and found the smirking blond.

 

“S-S-Soonyoung!?” Jihoon flushed in bright red when he remembered what he said just now about missing Soonyoung. He literally said that to Soonyoung himself, right on his face.

 

“Someone misses me so I come back~” he said mischievously.

 

“I-I-I-I’m not!!” Jihoon stammered. He’s completely embarrassed and immediately exited from the classroom.

 

“Ah~ he’s so cute~” they squealed.

 

“That’s my Jihoonie~” Soonyoung said proudly.

 

“Soonyoung, you are not with Wonwoo?” They asked.

 

Soonyoung turned around but the brunette’s nowhere to be found. He shrugged his shoulders. “I thought he’s with me just now. Maybe he off to somewhere?”

 

 

SVT Academy; Cafeteria

 

“Why are you staring at me like that, Seungcheol?” Mingyu found it distracting when Seungcheol was staring at him like he wanted to say something.

 

“Is there something you want to say…?” Mingyu added again with a slight doubt. The track and field captain looked rather quiet today and it’s unusual for loud person like him…

 

“Perhaps you are the one who has something to say to me?” He said, indifferent.

 

“Huh? Me?” Mingyu puzzled. As far as he concerned, he’s already told Seungcheol everything he wanted to tell. Could it be he knows that I’m lying about going to Minghao’s house? he thought inwardly.

 

“Idiot Soonyoung! Idiot! Idiot!” Luckily, Jihoon appeared. His face is still as bright as tomato.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Jihoon? Your face is red!” Mingyu’s attention is diverted to the red face pink head now. “Did you come running?”

 

“No! I just--” Jihoon gasped in surprise when he looked at Seungcheol. “Wonwoo!?”

 

Mingyu flinched. “Where!?” and looked around hastily.

 

Wonwoo who’s inside Seungcheol glanced at Jihoon and signaling to shut up.

 

What’s up with them pestering on Mingyu in the first place? Jihoon thought inwardly but still complied with Wonwoo’s words.  

 

“Where’s Wonwoo, Jihoon? He’s here? I have to say something to him!” Mingyu looked so excited upon hearing Wonwoo’s there. What exactly he wants to say to Wonwoo?

 

“Well… I thought I saw him but unfortunately…” Jihoon lied while staring at the ignorant Wonwoo. What’s with this bookworm?? What did he want actually??

 

“What~? You get my hope high for nothing, Jihoon…” Mingyu sighed and put down his camera back on the table.

 

“I’m sorry…” Jihoon apologized and took a seat in front of Seungcheol. Somehow, his embarrassment from before has disappeared (thanks to Wonwoo). But Wonwoo’s no longer there. He already left Seungcheol’s body. The raven haired is back, in daze of course…  

 

“Seungcheol, are you okay?” Jihoon asked worriedly. Somehow, he’s concerned about the raven haired’s condition since their dead friends simply enter his body as their wish.

 

Jihoon’s question surprised the raven haired as well Mingyu.

 

“What? Are you sick, Seungcheol?” Mingyu asked in concern tone.

 

“Why are you asking me like that? I’m okay though. Did I do something unusual again just now?” Seungcheol asked in disbelief while scratching his not-so-itchy head.

 

“Again?” They furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“Well… recently, my head feels really heavy… I always do something unconsciously. There’s one time I wore a mascot and distributed the flier. But I don’t remember wearing those! Just when I regained my conscious I’m there. It’s weird, right?”

 

“Mascot…?” They furrowed their eyebrows.

 

“That’s right! This one time when I’ve regained my consciousness, I’m in front of Seungkwan’s house… That one is weirder!”

 

Mingyu and Jihoon stared at each other. Maybe Mingyu’s right. They can possess Seungcheol… but why? Seungcheol is their friend. They should know that it will affect him. Then, Jihoon remembered Minghao’s words from before.

 

“We still have an unfinished business here though. That’s why we won’t be able to move on.”

 

“I think I know why.” Jihoon uttered much to their surprise. They turned to Jihoon.

 

“For now, I want to grab something to eat before the recess ends.” Jihoon stood from his seat and walked to the food counter. Seungcheol and Mingyu just shrugged their shoulders and returned digging their meal.

 

“Thanks.” Wonwoo said while Jihoon walked passed him. He’s leaning on the nearby wall.

 

“You owe me an explanation later, Wonwoo.” Jihoon said, indifferent without looking at the brunette.

 

Wonwoo softened into a smile. “Sure.”

 

A/N: Hello, I'm back with the newest chapter! Once again, thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting! Much appreciate it! You guys are the best! :D Anyway, Minghao can't leave Mingyu alone, isn't he? Becareful, Wonwoo's watching you, Hao~ ;) And poor Seungcheollie... I'm sorry! I'm working on the next chapter and expect more ships! Stay tuned. :)))