Bitter Truth

I Hate School Trip

SVT Academy; Library

 

“Damn Soonyoung. What is he thinking? Seriously… what did he expect from an introvert like me?” Jihoon mumbled alone when taking a book from the bookshelf.

 

“Jihoon.” A deep voice startled Jihoon.

 

“W-W-Wonwoo?” The guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere through the bookshelf’s hole. If Jihoon had a heart-attack, he will be a goner.

 

“Can you help me with something?” The handsome brunette with round glasses asked.

 

“If you are still saying you can survive alone, I won’t let it go.” Soonyoung words still lingering in his head and made him annoyed somehow. “Tsk.” he clicked his tongue.

 

“What do you want me to help you with?” Jihoon asked unwillingly and even faked the smile on his face.

 

“Can you return this camera to Mingyu?” Wonwoo handed in a camera to Jihoon.

 

“Camera? Mingyu?” Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows.

 

“He boarded the same bus as us during the school trip. He’s from class 2E.”

 

“Ah… That tall guy who lost his camera and missed the bus?” How can he forget the noisy yet clumsy tall guy from before?

 

“Yeah. Can you help me?”

 

“Sure… but why don’t you return it by yourself?”

 

“Well, it’s kind of complicated. I will explain to you later when you return the camera. You are the only person I can rely on right now. Please help me, Jihoon.” Wonwoo pleaded.

 

Jihoon sighed and nodded. “Alright. I will help you out.”

 

“Thank you, Jihoon.” And that made the brunette rejoiced.

 

High School Division; Class 2E

 

“Mingyu, someone wants to meet you.”

 

“Who is it?”

 

“He’s Lee Jihoon from that class. Class 2B. I think he’s that coma guy.”

 

Mingyu flinched the moment he heard the name. He quickly made his way outside.

 

“Yes, I’m Mingyu.”

 

“Woah… He’s so goddamn tall…” Jihoon thought inward but then came back to his senses. “Uh… I come to return you this camera.” He handed in the camera.

 

Mingyu gasped. “This is my lost camera… Where did you find it?”

 

“Uh… was it stolen from you?” Jihoon reconfirmed with Mingyu. Who knows Wonwoo stole it?

 

“I don’t know. All this while I think I misplaced it. Anyway, thanks for returning it. This camera contains a lot of irreplaceable memories…” He smiled half-heartedly while staring at the camera he’s now holding. Jihoon can guarantee that the camera’s really important to this Mingyu guy.

 

“Anyway, I will treat you to something! Just assume it as my thanks. Please don’t refuse.” He clasped his hands together with Jihoon. Well, he doesn’t know Jihoon hates skinship though…

 

“Actually… It’s not me who found it. Wonwoo did. Under certain circumstances, he asked me to return it to you…” Jihoon spilled it while slowly removed the hands from his.

 

Mingyu flinched. “W-Wonwoo did…?”

 

Jihoon just nodded slightly. “Yes.”

 

“When?”

 

“During the first recess hour.”

 

Mingyu is even more surprised upon hearing it.

 

“If nothing else, I will excuse myself first.”

 

“Wait!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Where did you meet him?”

 

“Well… in the library. Why?”

 

“Can you bring me to him? I want to meet him. If he’s the one who found my camera, then I should thank him properly, right?”

 

“Yeah but I’m not sure if he’s still there though. I don’t have his number too…”

 

“But he usually there, right?” Mingyu looked like he knew Wonwoo more than he does.

 

"I think so?” Jihoon himself is not that sure. He’s not Wonwoo’s stalker though.

 

“Please… I need to meet him regardless. I promise to treat you well later!” Mingyu clasped his hand together and pleaded once again.

 

Meanwhile, at the rooftop of high school division.

 

“Are you sure with your decision, Wonwoo?” Soonyoung asked.

 

“Yes. You should make up your mind too, Soonyoung.” They’re lying on the floor while looking at the sky.

 

“Well, I still have a lot of things to do. I’m a busy man though~” Soonyoung stated.

 

“You should tell him the truth. Soon he will find out too.”

 

“So, I will just wait for that time to come.”

 

“Whatever it is, don’t regret Soonyoung.”

 

Soonyoung smiled. “I won’t Wonwoo.”

 

SVT Academy; Library

 

“He’s not here. Maybe he already returned to the class. Should we go there?” Jihoon is even more determined than Mingyu now.

 

“Jihoon, that’s enough. I guess he didn’t want to meet me either.”

 

“Are you thinking that Wonwoo stole your camera and that’s why he avoided you?”

 

Mingyu remained silent and looked through the album in the camera.

 

“I will search for him.” Jihoon determined when looking at Mingyu. This is so unlikely for Jihoon to do something for someone. For some reasons, he really wants to help Mingyu. He ran off somewhere and continued the searching.

 

“Jihoon, do you remember that day, the day when everything supposed to be nice but turned into nightmare instead? That day, I can’t take any photo since my camera went missing but I still can remember that tragedy very well, the tragedy that took our friends’ away…”

 

“Jihoon?” Jihoon’s no longer there when Mingyu lifted his head.

 

 

“Where could he be? He’s not in the class too.” Jihoon’s thinking hard to find Wonwoo’s whereabouts.

 

“Hey, Jihoon. What’s wrong?” Then, there’s Seungcheol.

 

“Hey, Seungcheol. Do you see Wonwoo?”

 

Seungcheol flinched. “Wonwoo?”

 

“Yeah. I met him in the library just now. He asked me to return something to someone from class 2E. Now, the guy wants to meet Wonwoo but seems like he’s nor in the library neither in the class. Perhaps you meet him somewhere?”

 

“Jihoon, can I tell you something beforehand?”

 

“If you are telling me about the reasons you are skipping class, I will hear it later. Right now, I’m really busy. I need to find Wonwoo. I’m sorry!” Jihoon rejected him before he can proceed.

 

“Wonwoo and others already dead during the tragedy, Jihoon…” However, Seungcheol just blurted it out the moment Jihoon walked passed him.

 

“Seungcheol, if you want to joke around. Save it later.” Jihoon said coldly and left afterwards. Seungcheol just watched the pink head disappeared from his sight once again. He’s totally concerned about Jihoon.

 

At the rooftop of high school division

 

“There you are! I’ve been looking for you, Wonwoo!” Jihoon is relieved when he finally found the brunette.

 

“Did you return the camera back to Mingyu?”

 

“Wonwoo, tell me the truth!”

 

“What truth?”

 

“What else? About the camera, of course! Did you steal the camera?”

 

“No. I found it inside the toilet.” Wonwoo replied bluntly.

 

“Okay. I trust you but you should tell that to Mingyu. I think he wants to thank you properly. I will call him here. Just wait here for awhile.” As Jihoon went downstairs, he bumped into Mingyu.

 

“Jihoon?”

 

“Good timing, Mingyu! Wonwoo is upstairs.”

 

Mingyu flinched. “He’s really up there…?” he gulped when thinking about it.

 

“Yeah. I ask him to wait just now. Faster!”

 

Mingyu just followed the pink head but deep inside him, he’s nervous for some reasons.

 

“Wonwoo!” Jihoon called him.

 

“That was fast.” Wonwoo commented.

 

“He’s just down there though.” Jihoon then turned around to Mingyu. “Mingyu, you said you want to meet him, right? I’ve already granted your wish. My job here is done so--”

 

“Jihoon, wait.” Mingyu stopped him before he could leave. “Do you really can see him?” His eyes showed doubt from Jihoon’s point of view.

 

“What do you mean? He’s right in front of you.” Jihoon said bluntly.

 

Mingyu gulped. “In front of me…”

 

CLICK.

 

He boldly lifted the camera and snapped a scenery in front of him. He’s surprised when he reviewed it. “No way…” he trembled and swallowed hard as if he just saw a ghost.

 

“What happened? What did you see?” Jihoon began to fluster when he saw Mingyu’s reaction. Did he just saw a ghost?

 

“He can’t see me, Jihoon. So, it’s normal he acts that way.” Wonwoo voiced out.

 

“Huh? What do you mean? I don’t understand.” Jihoon’s dumbfounded.

 

“I’ve already died, Jihoon. You are the only one who can see me.” Wonwoo approached him.

 

“It’s not funny, Wonwoo.” Jihoon shoved the brunette.

 

“Wonwoo and others already dead during the tragedy, Jihoon…” But somehow, Seungcheol’s “joke” echoed in Jihoon’s mind.

 

“I’m not lying or trying to be funny. It’s the truth. I’m a deadman.”

 

“No way… You and Seungcheol planned this, right? You guys want to pull a prank on me!” He denied even though he knew there’s no way Wonwoo would lie moreover pulling a prank. As far as he concerned, Wonwoo’s a bookworm.

 

“Nobody’s pulling a prank. You can ask Mingyu about that. Can he see me?”

 

“Mingyu, tell me now. You can see Wonwoo, right?” Jihoon turned to the taller with expectation. “Mingyu! Tell me that you can see Wonwoo!!” However, the taller remained silent and averted his eyes from meeting the pink head’s.

 

Jihoon clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. “That’s why I can’t trust people.” He shoved him and ran off.

 

“Jihoon!” Mingyu quickly went after him. Wonwoo just watched them disappeared from his sight.

 

“Damn it! People are the same!! Why did I help him in the first place? I’m so stupid!”

 

The rain poured when Jihoon’s running away from the truth.

 

“...Damn it…!” He knelt down and staring blankly at the dirt. He is now soaked. The memories from that time suddenly came across his mind.

 

>>2 months ago<<

 

CRASH!!

 

The bus and the truck ran into each other before the bus spun and hit the divider.

 

“Ow… I can’t move…”

 

“Mom…”

 

“My head hurts…”

 

“Jihoonie… hang on! I will bring you out…!”

 

“Soonyoung… my vision is getting blurred…”

 

“Hang on! You have to survive! I will save you regardless!”

 

“...Soonyoung…”

 

 

“You will catch a cold if you exposing yourself too long in the rain.” Soonyoung appeared and shielded him with an umbrella.

 

“Soonyoung… you are still alive, right…?”

 

Soonyoung remained silent. Only the rain sound was heard.

 

“Answer me, Soonyoung. Tell me that Seungcheol and Wonwoo are fooling around…!”

 

Soonyoung faced the pink head with a smile. “Seungcheol was lucky he caught a cold that time but he was unlucky because he missed the chance to fool around together with us in the bus… Wonwoo, Seokmin, Jeonghan, Joshua, Seungkwan and Jun were lucky to spend their last moment with everyone before they died instantly there…”

 

“Wonwoo! Seokmin! Wake up! Jeonghan! Joshua!! You have to wake up! Hey! Seungkwan! Jun!!!”

 

“Soon…young…”

 

“Wonwoo!! Hang in there!”

 

“No… I can’t…” Wonwoo coughed out blood.

 

Soonyoung still can’t get rid of that memory when they died right in front of his eyes. Tears started to run down across Jihoon’s cheek upon hearing it.

 

Soonyoung wiped the tears away. “Minghao, Dino and Hansol were unlucky to board the bus but they were lucky to spend their last moment with us. They died on their way to hospital.” Jihoon was now sobbed when he stared at the blond. The blond just smiled and pulled Jihoon into his embrace. He remembered another memory.

 

“Minghao! Dino! Hansol! The ambulance is here! Hang in there just a little bit more…!”

 

“I don’t think I can make it……”

 

“Don’t say like that, Minghao! You have to be strong…!”

 

“I guess you will be the last…person…I…”

 

“Minghao!? Minghao!!”

 

“You and Mingyu are both lucky to survive and unlucky to experience such tragedy… But you know what, I’m the luckiest one because I’m able to save my best friend…” Soonyoung hugged Jihoon tightly.

 

“Soonyoung…! It’s my fault…! If I don’t invite you along to our bus, you would be safe…! Don’t leave me…… What I’m going to do without you by my side…? I don’t have anyone to talk to…” Jihoon cried out loud in Soonyoung’s embrace.

 

“Don’t blame yourself, Jihoonie… It’s not your fault. It’s written.”

 

“Jihoon…” Mingyu finally found Jihoon. But his words are unreachable. He can’t see Soonyoung but he’s sure that Soonyoung is there, comforting the pink head.

 

CLICK. He snapped a photo. He smiled when he reviewed it.

 

“Thank you for returning me this camera, Wonwoo… If not, I would miss this valuable moment.”

 

Soonyoung was visible in the photo. The same thing applied when he took a photo of invisible Wonwoo just now. Jihoon can see them for real. It’s a gift. He knew Jihoon would not lie when he said he can see them.

 

A/N: Hey, hey, hey! I'm back with the newest chapter! As usual, thanks for subscribing, viewing, upvoting and commenting! Yup anination26! Woozi X All is the greatest thing to exist! It's cute! XD Thanks for commenting! This chapter is quite long and I hope you don't mind! And yeah, the story still continues. It's not over yet! I'm still working on it! The next chapter will be GyuJiCheol and the ghosts pestering them!  Stay tuned! :))