Chapter 03

Secretly Admiring

34mLJBF.jpg

"What?" Umji asked.

Yerin slowly smiled at her as they continued staring at each other.

Yerin shook her head, "it's nothing."

Umji then avoid Yerin's stare. Yerin did the same too, she also stop smiling and remove her hands from the letter.

"Why did you smile?" Umji asked again. Confused at Yerin's sudden move.

"Nothing I just want to." Yerin replied while avoiding Umji's eyes.

Umji just look at her, not satisfied by her answer.

Yerin sigh and just asked her, " are you happy with that letter?" Yerin asked while still avoiding Umji's eyes.

"No. Why? Are you going to be mad again?" Umji replied.

Yerin shook her head, "ofcourse not. Am I not allowed to ask?"

Umji suddenly chuckled, "ofcourse you can ask. Don't be so serious."

Yerin just smiled, " I need to go to the library, bye" Yerin wave her hands and leave.

Umji just look at Yerin leaving.

NEXT DAY

Yerin went to school early and she went straight to her locker, she saw an inserted letter. Yerin look around.

"Who could be the one sending this? It's still early." Yerin thought.

Yerin open the letter and read the content.

"I 'm the reflection of you, whatever you feel, I feel it too.

When you are sad, I'm also sad, 

when you're happy, I'm also happy. 

We are like mirrors but I hope, I can look at your eyes longer."

                                        -CHUBBY

 

Umji takes a nap, putting her head on the book with a headset in both of her ears, listening to a song, singing along with the song.

"Eventhough we can't love each other, eventhough I can only see you from the distance~"

Umji raised her head and look out from the window, Yerin suddenly appeared. Umji remove her headsets.

"You have a very nice voice." Yerin said with a smile.

"Did you hear it?" Umji asked worriedly.

Yerin nodded with a smile.

"ohh...thanks." Umji smiled shyly. Yerin smiled too.

"Ohhmm... it's still early. Is it okay for you to go with me to the library?" Yerin asked.

Umji look at the clock and then look at Yerin and smiled.

 

They walk together going to the library, they were not much people in the school yet. Both of them didn't utter a word. They were inside the library and busy looking for a book to read, after they found a book to read they find a vacant seat to occupy.

"Woah, do you like cooking?" Umji asked.

Yerin nodded as she concentrated reading the book, "I like to cook for someone." she said.

"Oh. Who?" Umji asked.

"You." Yerin replied while her eyes still on the book.

"Huh?" Umji wanted to make sure.

"It's someone else. Why would I even cook for you." Yerin replied seriously.

Umji just laugh but actually she was a little hurt.

" I also know how to cook by myself, I dont need someone to cook for me." Umji said.

"Yeah." Yerin replied bluntly.

They went back to their classroom after they heard the bell rang.

Umji was still hurt when she heard those words from Yerin.

"Why would she even cook for me?" Umji mumbled.

Umji just shrugged off her thoughts and decided to listen to the discussion.

The time rang for lunch break. All the students went to the canteen to eat but Umji decided to eat alone under the shade of tree.

"Are you following me?" She heard a familiar voice from above. She look up and saw Jin sitting on the tree.

"Oh, you're there?" Jin jumped off from the tree and sitted beside Umji.

"Yeah. I wanted to be alone right now but Im happy you're here." Jin said with a smile.

"Why are you here by the way?" Jin asked.

"The same as you. I also wanted to be alone." Umji replied.

Jin smiled and mumbled, "that's cute."

 

Yerin was eating alone in the canteen while her eyes are searching for Umji. Some of her friends sitted with her and eat with her. Yerin doesnt really eat with some of her friends during lunch because she just dont like it an now she's alone, she's surrounded with some of her friends.

"Where is Umji?" Hayoung asked.

"I dont know." Yerin bluntly replied and just leave her food and her friends.

"Hey Yerin! Where are you going?" Joy shouted but Yerin jusf ignored her.

  

Yerin just walk around the campus, actually finding Umji.

"When will I ever make her smile like that?" She asked as she saw Umji with a wide smile on her face with Jin. She's just looking them from a far.