Not a Option

Flowers and Petals

Yuka woke up.

Kano woke up.

Mitsuria woke up.

This wasn't a dream, but a visit.

---------

Yuka could not stop thinking about what happened yesterday. "Yuka?" Kano asked. Yuka snapped out of her thinking and looked over to Kano. "Yes?" Yuka asked. "Are you okay?" Kano asked. Yuka nodded. "Um, what happened yesterday was weird, right?" Kano said. "Yeah," Yuka said, turning her head to look out the window. Mitsuria came in and sat at her usual spot, all out of breath. Yuka and Kano stared at her blankly. "I'm fine," Mitsuria said. "Well, I decided to try the school's bread," Mitsuria said. Yuka's eyes were wide. Mitsuria took about five bites, then Yuka slammed down the bread on the floor. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?!" Mitsuria screamed. Kano looked in her bag and handed a bag of bread to her pouty friend. "Thanks," Mitsuria said. "Whatever this is, this is good," Mitsuria said while taking little bites. Yuka stared at the two with a blank face. Yuka then stood up and slammed the table. Yuka then closed her eyes and remembered what Kano had said before: To be honest, if there was someone in the world who I liked most, it would be you.

Yuka moved her blond hair farther from her face and looked at Kano, then Mitsuria. Then back to Kano. 

"You lied, didn't you?!" Yuka said. Yuka then walked off and started to have tears in her eyes.

She knew running away probably wasn't a option.