*3*

Mystery Voice

(Minseok P.O.V)

I was surprised that Sungmi talked to me as if it was no problem when I confronted her I always thought she was really shy, but it seems she isn’t, she was just held back by fear to let others in and be her friends.

After our little talk and when I finished helping her clean, I quickly called my eomma to ask if it was okay if I stayed over since it was late already.

“Eomma Jongdae asked if I could stay the night since it is already late.”

“Minseok-ah did you forget me and appa have to fly to Japan tonight.”

Oh yeah I did actually for getting oops

“ah, I forgot sorry eomma.”

“it’s okay but if it is okay with Jongdae we can maybe drop off Miseok there then you can stay over I just don’t want her to stay alone.”

“let me ask him quickly eomma.”

I quickly turned to Jongdae and said: “eomma want’s to know if it’s okay if Miseok came maybe I forgot that they are leaving tonight.”

He nodded saying, “sure then Sungmi can also get to know her.” I smiled at him

“Eomma he said it’s okay you can bring her, will you bring me some clothes as well please.”

“Sure no problem we will be there when Miseok is ready to go.”

“Thank you eomma.”

After that we hung up, I then turned to Jongdae and said: “we should probably tell Sungmi...she said she would get the guest room ready if I stay, but now Miseok will also be staying over.”

He laughed and said “don’t worry one thing you don’t know is Sungmi had another bed in her room when eomma did her room Sungmi liked those beds that come out of the closet, so eomma got an extra one Miseok will be rooming with her, and you will have the spare room for yourself.”

He then laughed and smiled evilly “and surprisingly enough your room is next to the music room so don’t be surprised if you hear piano or something, She goes in there a lot.”

Well that I have figured out I haven’t stayed over here much and usually when I do it’s on weekends or school breaks so Jongdae, and I usually made a big bed in front with the mattresses and slept there this is the first time I will be sleeping in the room.

But you usually hear the piano when you go past there sometimes guitar, but sometimes when she is in there, you don’t hear anything.

I wonder what she does in there she usually doesn’t like it when someone listens to her playing, so we never went in while she was in there.

We headed to Sungmi’s room when we opened the door she was talking on the phone

“Okay Mrs.Jeon, I will see you tomorrow after school.”

She hung up the phone “Was that Mrs.Jeon?” I heard Jongdae ask

She nodded “Yes I am part of the staff for the year talent show they have practice tomorrow, so I won’t be coming home with you after school.”

“Oh okay well just wanted to tell you that Minseok is staying and that his parents are going to drop off Miseok here as well since they have to go to Japan tonight.”

She smiled “Okay she can stay here in my room, and then I will go get the guest room ready.”

“ Thank you Sungmi, oh and Miseok is also part of the staff for the show” I smiled at her

She laughed awkwardly and said “well then how about I go get that room ready” it was almost as if she was hiding something

Now that I think about it, that girl who’s voice I heard, could she have been preparing for the show, maybe I can find the owner of the voice at the show

“Hey, Jongdae when is that show again?”

“Next week Monday, the day before Sungmi’s birthday.”

“Well want to go watch I'm going to try and find that girl.”

“You have something for this mystery voice don’t you.”

“Well yes, I need to know that  it wasn’t an angel.”

He laughed “but what if the girl is someone you didn’t expect her to be?”

“we will have to wait and see, oh hey I recorded her voice when Miseok is here I will play it for you ”

“until then lover boy, come on let’s go do something else other than standing in my little sister's room like creepers.”

Well he is right Sungmi did leave like 5 minutes ago, and we are still standing here, I gave him a quick nod we headed to the living room and played some games while waiting for Miseok

Before we knew we heard a car outside when we checked it was my eomma Jongdae and I quickly headed out we greeted eomma and appa I took me and Miseok’s bags; we had a short chat then we said goodbye and headed in again

Miseok was following us I quickly stopped at Sungmi’s room and placed Miseok’s bags in her room

“Miseok-ah you will be rooming with Sungmi.”

She gave me a bit of a confused look, have I mentioned she has never known that Sungmi is Jongdae’s little sister

“Minseok oppa the guest room is ready for you” I heard Sungmi say behind me I turned to her “Thank you Sungmi, oh Miseok just got here I hope you don’t mind I brought her stuff here.”

She shook her head and smiled, this time it wasn’t a timid smile like earlier it was a big bright smile it made me feel this funny feeling in my stomach, she came closer to us and waved at Miseok

“Annyonghaseyo Miseok-ssi, Kim Sungmi-imnida” I looked at my sister  and saw her looked shocked I smiled and said “she is your classmate right Miseok?” my sister looked at me “ne oppa she is, Sungmi-ssi I didn’t know you were Jongdae oppa’s sister.”

Sungmi laughed “well I don’t interact with people at school in the first year everyone knew, but I got quiet, and everyone just forgot that I was” when Sungmi finished Miseok laughed a bit

“Well if you ladies will excuse me I am going to take this to my room then I'm going to Jongdae’s room.”

They both nodded I left Sungmi’s room and walked back to Jongdae’s room when I entered he looked at me seriously and said “how was it? Did she shut down again?”

I shook my head “surprisingly they were talking and laughing, I think our sisters just became friends Jongdae” he let out a loud cheer “finally she is all chatty what did you tell her when I was taking a shower? Did you put a spell on her, not like I would mind if you did.”

“I did nothing to her just kept talking until she would speak” he just nodded but still looked suspicious as to what I did after that we kept talking a bit

After about 30 minutes the door opened, I saw Miseok and Sungmi walking in “oppa I am going to go take a shower and didn’t want to let her be lonely so is it okay if she sits here” Jongdae nodded and told her it was okay

Miseok came in and sat next to me on the bed “now Minseok you mentioned something about a girls voice you will let us listen to” I looked at Jongdae who is smiling like a mad man

“ah yes” I took out my phone and unlocked it I found the recording “here take a listen do you guys know who’s voice this is?”

When the song started, I saw Miseok listen to it in awe, and Jongdae looked somewhat confused

When the song finished, I looked at them “So have any hints for me of who this girl could be?” they both shooked their heads I guess they don’t know