final

Wisdom Teeth

Final Word Count: 3757


--Hyebin's POV--

"Yah Youngdoo!" I plead with him. "Don't let me embarrass myself in front of him."

 

Youngdoo groans. "What am I getting out of this situation if I do help you out?" He glances at me and I huff.

 

I glance away thinking quickly or I might miss out on this opportunity. "Hmm I'll buy you dinner once I'm not all dopey anymore?"

 

He snorts. "Really that's all you got?"

 

I groan. "I'll give you twenty dollars?" He seems unamused. "Fifty?"

 

A slight smirk appears on his face. "Apparently you want Doha to pick you up instead of me?" He starts to walk off.

 

"Fine seventy-five?" I grasp onto his hand before he had the chance to leave.

 

His back shakes with laughter. "Deal." He whips around.

 

I felt my chest deflate, there goes my paycheck from last week. But at least I wouldn't have to worry about Doha finding out I have a crush on him.

 

"You must really like Doha, huh?" Youngdoo murmurs as I ran a hand through my hair.

 

I shake my head totally contradicting what my lips said. "Yeah a lot."

 

He chuckles once more. "Have you told him I'm taking you instead yet?"

 

I shake my head no. "Not yet. I'll tell him tonight, he's coming over."

 

Youngdoo's phone beeps and he sighs. "I have to go. You'd better not break the deal alright!" He yells over his shoulder as he takes off.

 

--

 

I open the door revealing the dimple-faced boy who had a smile that could bring nations together standing there with a bag of fried chicken. I smile and step to the side allowing him room to enter.

 

 

 

"You ready for some chicken?" He says excitedly as he takes his shoes off slipping into the pair of slippers he left here years ago.

 

You see Doha and I have been friends since high school. He was one of the good looking choir members that every girl swooned over whereas I was a basketball player. We met during a school event and found out we were interested in going to the same college. Thus we began talking every day and slowly but surely I found myself falling for the dimple-faced dork.

 

He was beautiful and funny. Not to mention reliable. He was really all a best friend could ask for but I didn't see him as a friend. I saw him as a man. 

 

He has grown a lot since sophomore year of high school. His shoulders broadened, his height skyrocketed, and his hair neater. I liked him through every stage. But women these days especially love him. He's always got eyes on him and when the eyes roam to me they seem to burn with jealously. I was proud to call myself his best friend so how could I ruin this beautiful friendship over feelings?

 

So with that I kept quiet.

 

I step around him and walk into the living room. Doha followed behind with the chicken. We both sat down around my coffee table and he sat the chicken out handing me a piece first before grabbing one himself.

 

As we chowed down on the tasty chicken he glanced at me. "You nervous for tomorrow?"

 

I finish swallowing the bit of chicken I was eating and nod. "Just a little bit. I haven't been under general anesthesia before so just slightly freaked out."

 

He smiles his wide smile. "Don't worry you'll be fine. I'll be there so everything will be okay!" He pats my hand and I swallow once more, this time not because of chicken but because it was time to tell him that Youngdoo was picking me up instead.

 

"About that..." I pause and his eyebrows scrunch together.

 

"What?" He asks confused.

 

"I actually asked Youngdoo to take me there and back." I confessed quickly.

 

"Oh." He mumbles. "Why'd you ask him? I told you I'd go with you?" He playfully whined.

 

"I don't know, I just wanted to I guess." I shoved the chicken into my mouth to shut myself up.

 

He sighs. "I'll come visit afterwards then, okay?" He smiles handing me a napkin.

 

I almost choke on my chicken. Nope he can't be doing that either! I don't know how long I'll be loopy?

 

"Well Youngdoo's taking me back to his place so you don't need to come." I offer him a small smile.

 

His smile drops, did I hurt his feelings?

 

"Since when were you and Youngdoo so close? Last time I checked you were at each other's throats?" He sat his chicken leg down and wiped his hands off.

 

I laugh. "Oh that little fight?" I pause. "We've already looked past that, we're good friends now!" I make up some stuff out of nowhere.

 

Youngdoo and I did make up, we just weren't extremely close. We met through mine and Doha's friend Jinseok, and well we didn't get off on the right foot. Now we're okay, he was the only one I could turn to during this situation.

 

My parents were at work, my little sister in school. I wouldn't dare ask Inho to take me. If I let slip that I like Doha in front of him the whole world would know. That little couldn't keep his mouth shut especially when it comes to things about Doha. Then there was Jaehyun, but he was closer to Doha than he was to me so I felt that was a bad idea as well.

 

I had asked my friend Arin but she had a huge math test today so again I was at a dead end. All that was left was Youngdoo.

 

I had already rescheduled the appointment twice. I needed to get it over with and pronto.

 

"Oh I see." He sits the napkin down and turns towards the television that was currently playing cartoons. I too start watching the cartoon before my gaze finds itself wondering over to the perfection sitting beside me.

 

His usual facial expression was absent as he stared blankly at the cartoon. Had I made him mad?

 

I sigh, don't worry Hyebin this is for the good of your friendship!

 

"Can you at least have him text me once you're back home? So I know you're alright?" He's suddenly speaking but his eyes are focused solely on the TV.

 

I clear my throat. "Yeah of course!"

 

--

 

I woke up to a persistent knocking on my front door. I groan once I realize sleep is gone. All because of that annoying person at the door. I trudge to the front door yawning as I open it.

 

"Who is it?" My eyes blink upon the sight.

 

Youngdoo stood with a pissed off look on the other side of the door. "It's about damn time." He pushes past me into my house, slipping off his shoes and placing his feet into Doha's slippers.

 

"Hey those are Doha's!" I exclaim but he ignored me and walked off further into my house.

 

I let out a growl before following after him.

 

"Man you look like ." He snorts once I find him relaxed on my couch. I force myself to stay calm, he's just trying to be annoying Hyebin, ignore the comments.

 

I scoff. "Good morning to you too."

 

"Blah, blah, blah. Hurry up and get dressed. The sooner we get there the sooner I get to drop your back off here and spend that seventy-five dollars!" He winks.

 

I turn around leaving him the living room. "Seriously? Why did I ask him for help again?" I mumble to myself as I head into the bathroom to clean up. Upon seeing myself in the mirror I let out a low shriek.

 

Wow, I do look like . It looked like I got -faced last night. My hair stood straight up, my eyeliner which I failed to remove last night was all over my face. I feared to see the damage to my pillow from the black substance.

 

After cleaning up and getting dressed I step back out into the living room and Youngdoo's helped himself to chips and the television.

 

"I bet you feel right at home." I cross my arms across my chest staring at him.

 

He shrugs. "You ready?"

 

"No not at all." I say sarcastically.

 

He rolls his eyes.

 

-

 

"Why must I have his number?" Youngdoo mumbles as I tore his phone from his hand.

 

"So you can text him once I'm home safe, duh you idiot." I said from my seat beside him.

 

He sighs annoyed.

 

"Lee Hyebin?" A woman calls out. 

 

I stood up and turned back towards Youngdoo. "I swear to god you better be here once I'm done."

 

Youngdoo sticks his tongue out at me. "Why would I miss out on the opportunity to leech money off of you?"

 

--

 

--Doha's POV--

 

"Why didn't you force her to let you go?" Inho groaned. "You're hopeless!"

 

"Yah I didn't want to seem like I was jealous!" I reply with a huff. My leg absentmindedly bobbed up and down nervously. Was she okay? Had they put her under yet?

 

"But you are jealous?" Inho laughed. "I don't understand you? Whenever I found out I liked Minhee I told her right away."

 

"It's not that easy okay. Minhee was obviously in love with you long before you confessed. You two just played hard-to-get until finally you confessed." I exclaim. He didn't understand since Minhee liked him prior to him asking her out. Hyebin didn't see me as anything more than a friend?

 

I didn't want to get rejected by her. It would make things awkward.

 

Inho sits back in his chair. "So what? She likes that Youngdoo guy then?"

 

"Seems so." I sit back in my chair as well and slump down. This .

 

"Is he good looking?" Inho asks.

 

"Yes, very." I whine to him.

 

"But you're very good looking too? Does Hyebin have working eyes?"

 

"She's not the type to date someone for their looks. It must be something about his personality?" I growl. Suddenly my phone is buzzing in my pocket.

 

I sit up and slip it out of my pockets.

 

"Who is it?" Inho asks.

 

It was an unknown-number calling. "I don't know."

 

I answer. "Hello?"

 

"Oh great you answered." A male voice came through. "This is Doha right?"

 

"Yeah who are you?" I reply my gaze meeting Inho's.

 

"Youngdoo." My teeth grind against one another at his name.

 

"Who is it?" Inho mouthed.

 

"Youngdoo." I mouthed back and his eyes widen.

 

"What do you want?" I reply.

 

"Well my brother just got admitted into the hospital and I can't take Hyebin home now. You're the only person I could think of to call." He says through the phone.

 

I take a deep breath. "Alright I'll be there to take her home."

 

"Okay. I'm leaving." He hung up.

 

"I have to go!" I stood up quickly.

 

"I'll come to!" Inho smirks. "I get to see Hyebin all loopy. I need to record a video!"

 

I roll my eyes but continue to my car. He gets in too and chuckles evilly.

 

--

 

Once we get there we head inside and Inho sits down. I head to the front desk to ask about her.

 

"They'll be finished in about five more minutes." The man smiled and I moved back to sit next to Inho.

 

"Lord I can't wait to see her make a fool of herself." Inho laughs.

 

"Yah, if you take a video I'll be forced to beat you up." I side-glance at him.

 

"Alright alright."

 

-

 

"Yoo Youngdoo?" A woman came out from inside the dentist's office.

 

I quickly stand. "He had to leave. I'm Park Doha, Hyebin's friend."

 

The woman chuckles, eyeing me up and down. "So you're Park Doha?"

 

I send her a weird look. "You know me?"

 

She smiles shaking her head. "No not really, Hyebin talked about you and a few others earlier while she was out. Anyways I'll be bringing Hyebin out in just a few minutes. Everything went well!"

 

"Okay great!" I smile and move backwards a bit.

 

A few moments later the woman returns with Hyebin. She wheeled her up to me in a wheelchair.

 

"Yah, Youngdoo!" Hyebin said loudly while staring me right in the face.

 

The woman chuckles. "She's a bit out of it so she may not recognize you at first."

 

I nod and bend down to Hyebin's level. "Hyebin, Youngdoo had to leave. It's me Doha."

 

Her swollen cheeks rose as she laughed but a pained look crossed her face. "Youngdoo quit joking!" Her hands reached out and touched my cheeks. "Wah, have you always had dimples?"

 

I sigh. "Yes Hyebin."

 

Suddenly Inho's beside us and he's waving at her.

 

"Wah Youngdoo you're friends with Inho too?" She waves at Inho and some of the gauze in shows through.

 

I glare at Inho from my position. How come she recognized him and not me?

 

"I'll take her to the car in this, just lead the way." The woman from before says.

 

Inho nods and leads the way. I slowly stand and follow after them.

 

Once we were at Inho's car I open the back door and the woman wheels Hyebin towards it.

 

Hyebin raises her arms towards me and smiles goofily since she was still numb. "Youngdoo up!" She said childlike.

 

I met eyes with the woman who was chuckling before I picked Hyebin up out of the wheelchair.

 

"Wah!" Hyebin squealed as I lifted her and sat her into the car.

 

I went to close the door but she wrapped herself around my arm causing me to freeze. "Yah Youngdoo sit in the back with me!"

 

"Hyebin, I'm not Youngdoo. I'm Doha." I reply slightly angered.

 

She laughs once more. "Whatever you say Youngdoo."

 

"Don't mind what she's saying." The woman says drawing my attention from Hyebin. "The effects should wear off within the next few hours, and she'll recognize you then! You guys have a good night!"

 

"Ah, thanks!" I mumble as I get into the back next to the now sleeping Hyebin.

 

Inho was silently cracking up in the drivers seat and I glared at him through the rear view mirror causing him to full on crack up.

 

"Just drive!" I scowl.

 

-

 

"As much as I'd love to stay and see her call you Youngdoo some more I have to leave. Minhee is home now and I promised to take her to dinner tonight." Inho claims once I've sat the fully awake but still loopy Hyebin down on the couch.

 

"Alright bye!" I say towards him.

 

"Bye Youngdoo!" He smirks and I stand up starting to run towards him so I could smack him. But he was already gone.

 

"Aish." I say annoyed.

 

"Yah Youngdoo!" My shoulders slump once more.

 

"What?" I growl.

 

"Why are you still here? You said you'd leave once you dropped me off?" She says staring at me confused.

 

"I did?" I reply. Why wasn't he going to stay with her? Wait did that mean she lied about going to his place afterwards?

 

"Yeah, the money is on the counter. Go now if you want!" She mumbles lying back on the couch.

 

Money?

 

"What money?" I asked moving to sit on the floor beside the coffee table so I could be across from her.

 

"The money I bribed you with duh." She flaps her arms around.

 

Bribed? She bribed him?

 

"You bribed me?" I asked, maybe being seen as Youngdoo wasn't so bad. I should ask her if she likes Youngdoo?

 

She snorts. "Yeah are you an idiot? I bribed you with seventy-five dollars."

 

Why so much?

 

"Why?"

 

She whines because of all the questions.

 

"Stop asking questions!" She lunges forward suddenly knocking me backwards. 

 

"Hey watch your mouth!" I hurriedly lift her up off my chest. A bit of blood had seeped out into my shirt but I froze because her face was inches in front of mine. The blood didn't matter anymore.

 

I gulp at her close proximity.

 

Her eyes studied my face. "You know, you kind of look like Doha?" She pulls back and laughs. 

 

That's because I am Doha, you dummy.

 

I steady my breathing as she takes off to try and get herself back up onto the couch. I sigh at her failed attempts at doing so.

 

I stand up and lift her up by the arms until she's managed to get her legs back onto the couch. She hums satisfied and cuddles back into the position she was in earlier.

 

I sit down beside her and glance at her. That question still eating away at me. Why had she bribed him?

 

Did she like him that much? That she'd bribe him to do things for her?

 

"Youngdoo are you not leaving? Oh! You're supposed to text Doha and tell him I made it to your place safely!" She suddenly says talking slowly at first but speeding up near the end.

 

"Why did you bribe me?" I finally ask once again.

 

She huffs. "More questions. Fine I'll answer them." I smile at her cuteness. She turns towards me. "I bribed you because I didn't want Doha to take me."

 

My smile drops. What? My arms suddenly cross across my chest.

 

"Hyebin do you like me?" I say, full on pretending to be Youngdoo at this point.

 

Suddenly she snorts. "Why would you ask that when you know I like Doha?"

 

My arms drop from their crossed position. She what?

 

"You like me?" I ask.

 

"No, I like Doha! Didn't I tell you I didn't want to accidentally slip up and tell him I liked him while being loopy, that's why I bribed you remember?" She rolls her eyes. "I'm tired, all these questions make me tired!" She whines and lies back.

 

She liked me? She really liked me?

 

I smile to myself as I gaze over at her. She was still awake, suddenly occupied by a thread coming out of the blanket she was using.

 

I'm so glad Youngdoo wasn't able to take her home.

 

-

--Hyebin's POV--

 

My mouth hurt! That's all I could think about whenever I woke up. I sit up in bed and scratch at my head, staring down at how neatly I was placed into bed.

 

Wow, Youngdoo didn't throw me aimlessly into the house and leave did he. He was actually a gentleman by at least putting me in bed before he left.

 

I slip out of bed and head into the kitchen to find some pain medicine. I take the medication before turning to find the money I had laid out for Youngdoo still lying on the table. Had he not seen it?

 

Or was he actually a lot nicer than he seemed and took me for free?

 

It was then that I heard the faint noise of the television. What the hell? He could've at least turned it off before he left.

 

I waltz into the living room and halt once seeing who was there. Sat sprawled out on my couch was Doha. He has bed-hair and everything. Wow he looks good even in the morning?

 

I stare down at myself and almost shriek. I bet I look like again? Especially after my appointment yesterday!

 

"Oh you're up?" Doha's voice draws my attention.

 

I smile nervously. "Uh yeah. When did you get here?"

 

"Last night." He shrugs a wide smile on his face. Why did he look so happy?

 

He stayed the night? I guess the bed-hair makes sense then...wait Youngdoo let him in?

 

That damn idiot!

 

"Did Youngdoo let you in?" I ask for conformation.

 

"No, I brought you home from the dentist. Youngdoo's brother got admitted to the hospital so he called me to come get you." He smiles even wider towards me.

 

My smile drops. "What?"

 

" I said I brought..."

 

"I heard you!" I cut him off. I run a hand through my hair, oh my god I was going to kill Youngdoo. Why call Doha of all people?

 

"Come sit, your favorite cartoon is on!" He pats the place beside him.

 

He's acting normal except for the wide smile. So maybe I didn't let it slip?

 

I nod and slowly move to sit beside him. I couldn't focus on the cartoon even though it was my favorite. I had to know if I said anything.

 

"So..." I glance at him. "Did I say anything weird?"

 

He smiles and his head to the side. "You called me Youngdoo all night."

 

My eyes widen. Oh wow, he seems a little peeved? Is that why his smiles so big?

 

But I felt relieved since he didn't say that I said anything too embarrassing.

 

"Well I'm sorry for that. I had in my mind before the surgery that he was going to take me home so yeah..." I chuckle.

 

He smiles almost innocently at me.

 

Okay this was getting weird!

 

"Oh you did say one more thing." He raises a finger into the air.

 

"Yeah?" I mutter looking back towards the cartoon.

 

"You said and I quote "I like Doha! Didn't I tell you I didn't want to accidentally slip up and tell him I liked him while being loopy, that's why I bribed you remember?"" My mouth had dropped sometime during his quote of what I said.

 

Oh my god!

 

I couldn't look at him.

 

I stood up and quickly ran. I needed to lock myself in my bedroom for the rest of my life. But a yank on my wrist has me face to face with Doha once again.

 

I lower my gaze and swallow nervously.

 

"Why are you running away?" Doha asks. "I like you too."

 

I glance up at him as my heart begins having little heart attacks.

 

"You do?" I question him.

 

"Uh-huh." He hums. So that's why he was smiling so wide then?

 

"I'm still going to murder Youngdoo." I growl.

 

Doha laughs. "Don't be too hard the guy."

 

I glare at him but suddenly his lips land on my forehead. He pulls away and playfully snorts. "I'd kiss your lips but I'm afraid it'd hurt you."

 

I suddenly blush and looked away. I'm so lucky.

 

"Lets go change your gauze!" He cheers.

 

My eyes widen. "No I can do it!" I didn't want him to.

 

"I'll do it. I did it twice last night." He smirks.

 

What all happened last night?


A/N: Well that's it. Anyone Boys24 fans?

Sorry for any mistakes, I wrote this all on my phone!