Home

Temptation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author-nim here and I just want to say please excuse any grammar errors and I posted this early because this chapter was dragging on a bit long but was neccessary and needed for the plot! Enjoy my dear loyal readers!

Her bed feels different from before. It's softer and warmer. Her blanket is also thicker. She abruptly wakes up and finds herself surrounded with an unfamilar room. It's much nicer and more colorful than her room back at the foster home.

Irene thinks to herself," How did  I get here? Where am I? Ugh, my head hurts!" slowly squinitng her eyes and carefully walking towards the curtains, closing them since the sun was unusually bright. Finally she lets out her voice only to find out that is dry and her stomach empty! "*cough* my throat..what's wrong with my throat?"

 All of a sudden the door opens and comes in is a short petite girl with golden brown hair, and beautiful light teal eyes.  "Oh! You're up, that's great! He was wondering when you'll be up!" the girl said as she strolls in with what seems to be two bags of blood!"Hey, are you okay?" 

 

credit to wattpad

Irene responds in a raspy voice," Who are you and what are you going to do to me?" The unusually happy girl smiles at Irene "I'm Wendy, you're new sister!" Taken aback Irene looks at her with a confused face "I'm sorry I think you have the wrong person.*COUGH*" she starts to have a coughing fit which led into her feeling extreme pain of hunger! Trying to catch her breathes through her raggad breathing Irene suddenly smells something sweet and delicious! Her eyes wander to the two bags of blood that sits on the stroller. 

"Ah~, sorry! You're the newborn so of course you have answers. Well first off let's get you something to eat and then you can fire away~." Wendy said as she gave the blood bag to Irene but quickly Irene threw it back "Can you just please let me go! I'm not rich, I have nothing valuab-" cutting her off, Wendy holds back a laughter "Look, I'm not sure if you remember but you chose to come here." Irene stands there in silence with the thought of last night hitting her eyes.....

FLASHBACK

Irene lays inbetween the gates, half of her body lying on the moist grass and her other half on the cold cement. She takes her hand and reaches to her neck, and brings it up before her eyes. BLOOD. She struggles to breathe and starts to gag and choke on her blood. Slowly, as she lays there, her eyes are staring up into the stars. They twinkle and shine as her life is withering at that very moment. Irene thinks to herself "So this is it? This is how much I can amount to? Well at least I will be going the same way I came here. Alone."

 She becomes more tired as the seconds past, slowly closing her eyes and taking in as much as the stars as she can..."Do you want be something else?" a silhouette comes out from the shadows and to Irene's knowlegde, he's pale. Strikingly pale. 

"Hey don't doze off yet. Answer my question, do you want to be something else?" the strange man says again. 

Maybe it was the thoughts of what she's done in her life that makes her nod her head. Maybe it was events of her unaccomplished goals that led to her to tear up and breathe out a quite yes. In the end she only said 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter