Chapter Four —

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Where do you want me to get you, guys?’ He said, but he was looking at Suran. She answerer plainly. ‘Home, in district 294, street 39 in the old town.’

She revealed her address without thinking twice. 

‘We should get to the company first to return the dresses and return everything to place.’ Hyejin said, which made Suran close her eyes shut. She could comprehend what her friend was planning. She can predict what her next move is going to be. She will surely take advantage of this car ride. 

‘Of course, if you don't mind.’ Hyejin added, making sure to observe his face as he was still looking at Suran. 

‘I don't mind.’

Suran said, worried that they're using him and he will wish he has never met them. She doesn’t want him to have such an impression. ‘No, what if you have something in your schedule?’ 

She inhaled some air because looking into his eyes while being in such small area appeared to be exhausting her. ‘Look, you can drop us in the company and we can walk home from there. Than you very much.’

Hyejin was certain that even if he had something, he'd cancel it to drive them wherever they want. ‘No, seriously. If I had anything, believe me, I wouldn't have offered.’

It made Suran at ease when she heard him say that. But Hyejin was still one hundred percent sure that he would offer them a ride even if he had something. She provided him with the information he needed and they reached the company within 20 minutes. 

Hyejin told him to come instead of waiting in the car and he did join them. The two got inside by a fingerprint access through the back door. After that, they walked to the elevators. Suran stood on Seongwoo's right awkwardly. As they waited, Hyejin opened up a conversation easily. ‘It was such a pleasure that we got the opportunity to attend. We met so many nice people.’ 

‘Not all of them were so nice.’ Suran said without thinking and both of them knew what she meant. 

During the car ride, Seongwoo learned how they got the invitations. They attended instead of their boss whom he happened to know very well. He also learned that Suran bought her first camera when she was 15 year-old, she is two years younger than he is, and that she wishes to explore the world and show it differently to others. He, in addition to all of this, learned that she lost a dear necklace this evening on the yacht. 

He learned all of this from Hyejin. Suran hasn't spoken much during the car ride. He thought maybe she wasn't comfortable. 

Hyejin was openly showing Seongwoo around, pointing here and there and telling him very unimportant details about the place. She always tried to tie everything around her friend. 

‘You see, that is her office.’ She pointed at the desk near the window with cactus pots on the two corners. 

‘Hey, stop.’ Suran said as she looked away, embarrassed for some reason that he was looking at her untidy desk. 

Hyejin turned with a questioning face. ‘What?’ 

Suran exhaled and rolled her eyes. Her friend will clearly not stop blabbering about everything. ‘Okay, I'm going to change.’

She did leave them, so she didn't see what Seongwoo did when Hyejin turned to continue on feeding him nonsensical information about the place. He took a photo frame from Suran’s desk that belonged to her with probably family. He took a few seconds to memorize the details of the picture. His lips spread in a toothless smile. 

When Suran came back after taking her dress and make-up off and wore her previous clothes, she had a strange feeling of exposure. As if she was now before him for his exploration. “Vulnerable”, she thought. 

She was wearing a pair of worn-out sneakers, a pair of blue short jeans and a black t-shirt. Also with her bare face now, for some reason Suran was a little self-conscious. Her hair was the same. 

Hyejin was done in no time. So they walked together to the elevators. When it opened for them, Suran and Seongwoo entered but Hyejin didn't. ‘Oh, wait. There is something I forgot.’

Suran held the elevator for Hyejin. ‘Go on quickly, I'll hold it for you.’

‘No, go first. I will come after.’ 

Suran caught the smirk on her friend's face as she ran to the other side. She was certain that it was made up to leave them along in the elevator. 

‘Okay.’ It was almost a silent okay with disappointment and burden in the tone. Suran pressed the G button and her finger touched with Seongwoo as he pressed it as well. 

She looked up for a moment then she averted her eyes. Her cheeks were warm and she started sweating. The ride to the ground floor felt like years, not just a few seconds. They got out, headed to the gate, and then to the car that was parked a few meters away. They walked to it and waited there, leaning against it. 

The distant sound of the cars was heard and the chirping of crickets in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter