Chapter Two  —

Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They could offer an uber ride to the port. They got off with a grin on their faces as they giggled. They watched as luxurious cars passed by and people got out from it. ‘Sometimes I cannot believe I live with these people in the same city.’

Hyejin agreed as she elbowed her friend. 

Both of them walked side by side before they enter. The invitation cards in their hands as they handed them to the guy near the gate. He smiled at them politely. ‘Please, enjoy.’ 

The climbed up the stairs, looking here and there and recording everything in their memory. It’s something they will not see on everyday life. ‘Look, isn’t that the actress, Jihyun?’

Suran was mesmerized by the interior she cared less of the people. It was beautiful and everything was worthy to be photographed. She inhaled with a stupid smile. ‘What did you say?’

‘She disappeared. You should’ve seen her! She’s prettier than the pictures.’ Hyejin said with a disappointment in her face. She swiftly took two glasses of liquor and handed one to her friend. ‘Take this. I am sure even this is different.’

‘Oh, no, Hyejin. I cannot. You know that I have no tolerance.’ Suran’s face changed when she saw how her friend gulped it all in one shot. Suran turned to return the drink to the servant with the tray. If she wanted the night to go fine with no problems, she mustn’t drink. 

When she did, she spilled it all on someone’s suit. Her eyes widened and she put her hand over . ‘I am so so sorry, sir. I’m extremely sorry.’ 

She was greeted with a kind of familiar face. She can tell that he wasn’t as displeased as he pretended to be, which made her a bit suspicious. ‘No, it’s fine.’ But the man has a frown on that Suran thought was fake. 

‘But I spilled it all over your suit, and the celebration hasn’t even started—‘

He put a hand on her shoulder. ‘Believe me, it’s fine. I can request another one, it is not a big deal.’ 

Hyejin and Suran exchanged an eye contact with only one thought in mind after what the man said. Of course, it is not problem to people like him. ‘By the way, I haven’t seen you two before—‘ 

He was with two other people, one of them was near his age and the other one clearly was much older. ‘Yes, this is our first time attending such a celebration—‘ 

And only in the middle of the sentence when Suran realized he wasn’t looking at her, but he was looking at her friend instead. ‘Surely it’s a pleasure.’ He offered his hand, which Hyejin took it first with a grin. 

They exchanged a conversation, but after that, Suran notified her friend that there is someone outside they have to meet. They did converse with a few people their boss urged to meet. 

Suran couldn’t help but laugh at one of them threw a joke. This person was the funniest so far. ‘So, what do you do for a living?’ They were asked. Hyejin answered right away with a calculated smile. ‘I studied fashion design, I work at the company for 7 months now to get the position I want.’ 

‘Nice.’ The woman dressed in a black and white dressed said sincerely before looking at Suran. ‘What about you?’ 

Suran did hesitate at first. She doesn’t know why. ‘I’m studying and working at the same time. I have one year left before I graduate, and I want to be a photographer.’  

The woman’s husband asked after his eyebrows went up in half astonishment. ‘Did you do some remarkable photoshoots then?’

She basically couldn’t afford it. She can take pictures of friends’ events like weddings, birthdays and so on. She also has done some promotional shoots for a few friends’ work. But it was not serious. 

She does it, gets the money, and that was it. Unfortunately, even though she works day and night, it still didn’t get her anywhere. She’s thankful and hopeful. 

They encouraged her by saying they’d come to her first gallery or they'd buy the first cover of a magazine that she’s shot. 

It did make her more than happy. 

They moved to the saloon. On three sides, there was a view of the sea. The other side had another big room but it was a little bit higher in ground. On that side, there was the bar and the food tables. The bar was set in the middle of the higher room and the saloon where Hyejin and Suran stood. 

The other room overlooked the saloon from a window-like opening on the wall that separates the two areas. 

Hyejin chuckled before she attracted her friend’s attention. They were looking at the sea side, giving their back the people as they conversed and socialized. ‘They were gone for a long time but you still have that stupid smile on.’ 

Suran was smiling at nothing. The sea reflected the lights on the yacht. It was what Suran was looking at. ‘It did make me happy. It was something so small, yet it had such an impact on me. Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Yoo are so nice!’

‘They are.’ Hyejin leaned on the wall and crossed her arms. ‘I mean, everyone we’ve met today was nice.’ 

Suran’s smile was wide. ‘I’m thankful that I came here.’ 

She inhaled and exhaled. She looked at the bar then at the food tables. ‘I am a little hungry, you want to bite something?’ 

‘I’m good.’ 

Suran nodded and she held her dress as she made her way through the crowd to the food tables. 

She’s seen types of food she’s never seen before. Some looked delicious, but some looked horrible to her. She took something and she smelled it. ‘Ew.’

Hyejin came from behind and held her waist. ‘For some reason, it was scary to stand there all by myself.’

‘Hey!’ Suran al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter