Your (Not) So Typical Prince Charming P.1 [Woohyun's ver.]

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

8,735w

This is a two-shot story, woohyun's and sunggyu's part. This is part one.


 

 

 

“Starting today, it's our day one."

 

“W-what??!”

 

Woohyun sputters with a widen-eyes after he spits out the orange juice in his mouth. It lands straight on his best friend Sungyeol, who pretty much adorns the same shock face as him. He couldn't even say sorry to the poor lad, neither did his best friend manage to demand for one. They're too busy of cracking whatever code the small-eyed guy is emitting, who is now grimacing a little at the disgusting view.

Who wouldn’t be shocked anyway? When one of the most famous student in your college just asked you out in the middle of crowd of busy café. He just asked Woohyun out. Woohyun. The most invisible guy in the world ever. Okay, that maybe is an exaggeration, but Woohyun loves to be dramatic. (So just, let's just move on shall we?)

It's not even a classic of will you go out with me? Or will you be my valentine? Considering today is 14th February. Sunggyu just come to him, slamming his palm on the table (looking as handsome as ever doing so) and just straight up declaring their relationship out loud as it's not a big deal. Cocky bastard. 

There must be something wrong with him. Is he doing this for the sake of whatever stupid bet he’d lost? Because if it was the case, Woohyun wouldn’t be hesitated to pour the rest of his orange juice to that handsome face of him.

Okay. Woohyun admits it. Sunggyu is handsome. Darn. Kim Sunggyu is probably the most handsome guy in the college. Next to the Kim Myungsoo of course. But Woohyun never took any interest in the black-colour-lover guy. (Sungyeol did.)

Sunggyu is like the epitome of whatever his type is. He might or might not have harbour a little crush on him. But that’s his little secret. That only Sungyeol know. And he has to bribe the lanky guy to keep his mouth shut; a steak for every week. That petty . 

When he first land his eyes on Sunggyu, he was awe-struck. He was accompanied by the black lover prince Myungsoo and the muscle freak Howon, walking coolly (handsomely) to the café, looking very much invisible and untouchable. They look like they were in a special gang, or club? The handsomest club their college ever had for sure. Plus they're in a band, so the 'handsome guys club' is often referred as their 2nd name.

They even had their own fan club in the college, everyone swoons over them. Including Woohyun, but he tries not to show it. He likes to call himself a secret fan or a special admirer. Sungyeol says he is more like a crazy stalker. But Sungyeol also thinks his toes are y, so Woohyun doesn’t take his word seriously.

Woohyun claims that he only has little crush on Kim Sunggyu, but Sungyeol is convinced that it was Woohyun who started the fan club. Or at least, Kim Sunggyu's fan club. Woohyun of course said his assumption is ridiculous, but Sungyeol swears he once saw Woohyun packing a 'Kim Sunggyu is handsome' slogan towel in a large quantity for their college music festival. He said he just keeping it for a friend (Sungyeol is the only friend he has.) And did he mention yet on how Woohyun's laptop is full with Sunggyu's picture? No? Well now you know.

 

“I said, today is our first day together. What word didn't breach your brain hm?”


Okay. A cocky bastard seems right to describe him.


Woohyun gulps thickly, his Adam’s apple bobbing up and down and it must have been apparent because Sunggyu stares down his neck, looking indifferent, but with that y eyes of him. Woohyun's inside churns and he feels breathless under the stare but he picks himself up again. He will not be defeated like this. Not even if Sunggyu standing oh so closely in front of him that Woohyun can picks his y aqua musky scent from him. No! He shrugs his thought off.

“I-Is this a joke Sunggyu-ssi? Be-Because I don't want to be involved in your game.”

“Gyu..”

“Hm?”

“Call me Gyu. I don’t fancy my boyfriend calling me formally.” He wipes the drippy juice on Woohyun's chin. The said man flinches in reflect. For more different reasons than why it should have be.

“B-Boyfriend? What do you mean by boyfriend??” Woohyun shouts the sentence in his shock state after he gets over the fact Sunggyu has just touched his face. His inside churns more horrendously. He thinks he's going to be sick if this continue.

“Look, you might want to keep it down. You’ve gather too much attention now.” Sunggyu says and Woohyun turns his head around to inspect and it's true. It's like everyone is stopping whatever they're doing at the moment to observe their antics. Woohyun lowers his head and sinks in his seat deeper. All the eyes on him is making him anxious. He hates attention. “And it's as just as I said, we're boyfriends now.” Sunggyu continues. Woohyun lifts his eyes again to stare into Sunggyu's but it seems that he can't decipher its mean. He can't read his eyes. He doesn’t know whether it’s right to trust this. He doesn’t know whether it’s right to trust Sunggyu. It's too good to be true.

“Is this your phone?” The handsome man points to Woohyun's smart phone on the table, breaking his trance. Woohyun nods a little and Sunggyu hums.

“Unlock it up.”

“What? W-Why?”

“You really like to ask question hm?” Sunggyu says as he narrows his eyes. Oh don’t Woohyun loves it when he does that. He looks so charming. Everything Sunggyu does is charming. “Unlock it up so I can put my number in. How else we can contact each other then?” Sunggyu adds, rather stating a statement than spouting a question.

“Oh. Okay-y.” Woohyun says and shakily punches in the code (it was Sunggyu's birthday) but of course he wouldn’t tell him that. He's too nervous to function that he forgets he put Sunggyu's picture as his wallpaper. He hears a deep chuckle stumbles out from Sunggyu's mouth and Woohyun's face reddens.

“So it's true.” Sunggyu mumbles lowly but Woohyun is too busy drowning himself in embarrassment to catch the word. Sunggyu grabs the phone from his hand and he taps on it for a moment, punching in number and information.

Nell's song titled 'Vain Hope' rings from Sunggyu's pocket and he brings it out. He taps on Woohyun's phone a bit more before he hands it over to the tomato-Woohyun.

“That's a nice picture of me you got there. But I don’t have yours yet.” Sunggyu says and at that, he lifts Woohyun's chin up and snaps a surprised photo of him. “Perfect,” he says as he taps on his phone a few times. He shoves the thin gadget into his pocket and gives his attention to the still in daze Woohyun. “I'll call you later,” Sunggyu says and he leans down to drop a kiss on Woohyun's temple chastely. “See you later.”

He leaves the place with the same manner he came to Woohyun in the first place. Without an ounce of announce or care, with his hands in his pockets and stoic expression on his face. Leaving a shocked Woohyun with jaws hanging open. His facial expression is a carbon copy of every single person in the café at the moment. Kim Sunggyu did not has just do that. He did not. Right?


        “…”


        “…”


“What had just happened?” Sungyeol says, in a loud voice. Voicing out what Woohyun has been saying in his head.

A trembling Woohyun shakes his head in confusion. “I-I don't know.” His throat feels dry with the sudden display of drama. He loves drama, but not when he's the main character. His churned stomach hasn’t yet calming down. How can he? Kim Sunggyu, that Kim Sunggyu had just kissed him. Woohyun is living a charmed life.

“Am I dreaming Yeol? Is this really happening?” he asks as he slaps his face a few times before a flick of finger hits his forehead, making him yelps in pain. “What did you do that for?”

Sungyeol shrugs his shoulders like he just not flicked Woohyun. “I'm just helping you.” He says nonchalantly as he grins.

“Helping me my .” Woohyun grumbles, rubbing his reddened skin. “You .”

“Ew no.” Sungyeol lifts both his hands up like he's surrendering, only that he's not, “I'm not ing your . That’s gross.”

Woohyun grimaces, trying not to imagining the thing but his scumbag brain isn't helping. “Yah! Don’t say thing like that. You're totally disgusting.”

“You're more disgusting than I am .” Sungyeol retaliates.

“Shut up you er.”

“You shut up.”

“.”

“Jerk face.”

“.”

They both stop in synch from spitting into each other face briefly before they both break into a fit laugh. They laugh until they both hurt their stomachs.

“Wow, Sunggyu should see how disgusting you truly are and he would dump you without a doubt.” Sungyeol spats as he wipes the tear pooling at his eyes, with excess of laughter still on tip of his tongue.

Woohyun snorts. “Don’t even remind me of that. I don’t even know why he ask me out in the first place.”

“Yeah right. You're not even that attractive to look at. I don’t know what he sees in you. Maybe he's drunk?”

Woohyun throws a chunk bit of biscuits they're eating previously at the tall man, it hits him on his nose then falls on the table – Sungyeol picks it up and eats it. Woohyun scrunches his face at seeing that.

“I'm more attractive than you, you prick.” Woohyun says afterwards.

“Yeah keep telling yourself that.”

“ off,” Woohyun says. Which always means he’s lost the argument.

He wouldn’t act like it, but Sungyeol's word, despite harsh in nature, does bug him. What did Sunggyu sees in him? He doesn't even know Woohyun and haven't talk to him until today's event happened. That's weird and should be concerned about, right?

 

 

Where are you? – Gyu.


 

Woohyun received the text as soon as his last class for the day ended. It was a boring class of Applied Mathematics and he had been dozing off during the class. The text fortunately, has the same effect as a cup of hot coffee does to his tired eyes. His body instantly warms up with giddiness. His lover has just texted him and he's this close from screaming in joy. He manages to hold himself from doing so though. But it doesn't stop him from smiling ear to ear.


 

I just finished my class. Why? – Hyun.


 

Meet me at the café in 5 minutes. – Gyu.


 

Woohyun taps a reply as fast he could, he contemplates on whether or not adding 'Gyu' at the end of his sentence but then he settles with putting double dots.


 

Okay.. – Hyun.


 

He doesn’t want to appear too excited over simple texts. It's normal for boyfriends to text each other right?

Boyfriends.

That still sounds foreign to him. He can't even say it without turning into a gush shade of tomato.

Woohyun waits for another reply but it doesn’t come. He pouts silently and sulkily putting his phone into his front pocket. What does he hope to happen really? That Sunggyu would text him saying 'Okay, love you..' after 3 hours of them being in relationship? Of course that wouldn’t happen. Even all of this is too good to be true to happen. Wake up you stupid. Don’t let your guard down so quickly. He's suspicious, his brain whispers. He’s convinced whatever happening between them, whatever game Sunggyu is playing now, is just that Sunggyu is doing this for a bet. He hates it that the thought of it worsen his sullen mood. His shoulders drop as he sighs heavily.

Sungyeol watches him with disgust on his face. “Stop smiling then frowning so fast like that. You look like psycho.” Sungyeol spats after much time of controlling himself.

Woohyun uplifts his face with zero energy to look at Sungyeol and sulkily drops his gaze again, hands busy picking his items on the table. Sungyeol frowns. Woohyun would never ignore his insult. This isn't like himself at all.

“What happened?” 

“Nothing. Shoo, leave me alone Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol purses his lips, “Nope.” The tall man plops his down next to the guy. “Trouble in paradise?” he adds.

Woohyun pouts more. He should’ve know by now that Sungyeol wouldn’t leave him alone until he gets what he wants. He huffs and says “No,” with as much energy as he can show.

“Did Sunggyu finally come to his senses and dump your ?”

Woohyun frowns. “Do you ever think of me as your best friend? All you ever do is saying cruel things to me.”

“Hey, are you seriously mad at me now?”

“No.” He says, but he's not meeting Sungyeol's eyes. That’s how Sungyeol knows he's lying.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes, “Woohyun, look. You guys have just been together for like what? 2? 3 hours? Don’t subject yourself like that. This isn't like you at all.”

Woohyun looks at him with droopy eyes and pouty mouth, it looks like his face is designed to look like a kicked puppy.

“I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about. Take it slow.” Sungyeol adds next, trying to encourage his stupid best friend. Although Woohyun is pretty dumb but he hates to see him being in pain.

Woohyun turns his body to Sungyeol, “You think so?”

“Of course dummy. Just, take it slow. You know, knowing each other and stuff.”

“But I already knew all about him.” Woohyun mumbles.

Sungyeol flicks Woohyun's head again not-so-lightly, “Not his trivial information you idiot. His true self. Love him for his and all. Not just what he appears to be.”

Woohyun furrows his brows as he thinks then he dips his chin cutely, “Okay Yeol, I will.”

Sungyeol tch-ed in respond. “Now stop pouting. You aren't cute enough to do that.”

He lies. Of course Woohyun is cute enough. He doesn't even know it's possible for a human to be this cute until he met Woohyun. It's lucky he's used to it by now or else he might puke there and then. Woohyun's level of cuteness is nothing to be taken lightly. But he wouldn't, ever tell him that. Over his dead body.

“Are you saying that I'm cute now?” he's smiling now, blinking his eyes in awfully cute manner it almost making Sungyeol gag.

“No. Don’t twist my word against me.” Sungyeol says, rolling his eyes.

“Yes you did.” Woohyun says as he slings his bagpack to his shoulder. Sungyeol copies him and they stride to the door.

 “No. I don’t.”

“Aww don't be shy, I love you too Sungyeollie.” He hugs the tall guy, he's much shorter than him so his head lands on his chest. “You're the best buddy ever. Let me give you a kiss.” He makes a kissy face at Sungyeol as they pass the threshold and Sungyeol pushes his face away.

“Ew gross. Don’t kiss me.”

“Aww let Namu gives Yeollie more love.”

“Stop that you freak face. Get off me.”

“Don’t push me baby and accept my love.” Woohyun makes another dry attack but as he's short he couldn’t reach the other's face. He slings his arms around the guy's neck and he pulls his face down. Sungyeol shouts another colourful of profanities as he wriggles to escape and Woohyun giggles in reply. They stop their gross act when someone clears his throat. Both turning their head to look at the source and are rendered surprised when they see him.

There, looking all cool standing next to the class, leaning on the windows pane is Sunggyu. And Myungsoo and Howon. Sunggyu wears his infamous stoic expression on, his arms crossed, raking his eyes to the intimate act in front of him. Woohyun immediately letting Sungyeol go.

“S-Sunggyu-ssi?”

“Gyu.” He says coolly as he pushes his body from the window, correcting him again. He walks closer to Woohyun and grabs his hand, “come with me.”

“W-Wait..” Sunggyu ignores his call and keeps on dragging him away from their friends. He turns around and shouts, “I'll text you later Yeollie. Bye.” Sungyeol nods warily but he guesses Woohyun wouldn't even notice that.

“He's quite the jealous type isn't he?” Sungyeol asks, rhetorically.

A voice hums, agreeing rather than answering, “He is.”

 

 

“Why are we here again? Aren't we supposed to meet at the café?”

Sunggyu sips on his drink, leaving Woohyun without an answer for a moment. For a split second, it almost seems like he's angry. But no. He's Kim Sunggyu. And Kim Sunggyu is famous for never showing his emotions. There's no single person has ever seen him smiling or laughing or (crying?) Has he even getting sad? That's what makes him so popular amongst the student anyway. People would call him 'stone-hearted prince'. A very mysterious prince that has never shown any emotions.

But that's not why Woohyun fell for him. No. Woohyun liked him when he first saw Sunggyu's passion when he sang during music festival last year. He knew how Sunggyu's band mostly performs rock song and that's what everyone was expecting that day honestly. But for the first time ever, they performed a ballad song; a sad song of a lover asking for his lover to return back to him again. Sunggyu's voice sounded so raw, so sorrowful and so in pain that even Woohyun didn’t realise he'd cried himself listening to him until Sungyeol pointed it out. They didn’t won first place at the festival, but Sunggyu won Woohyun's heart that day. He's been hopelessly in love with Sunggyu ever since.

Yes, he is in love with Sunggyu.

But the keyword here is hopeless.


 “You're taking too much time.” Sunggyu answers vaguely. For a moment Woohyun thinks he talks about what has been in Woohyun's mind but then he realised that Sunggyu is answering his prior question. “I asked you to meet me in 5 minutes,” Sunggyu adds, “but you didn’t come. So I went to you.” The last sentence is said while he looks into Woohyun's eyes straight. The latter evades his eyes in embarrassment.

“Sorry..” Woohyun mumbles. He plays with his tteobboki in his plate. Sunggyu took him to a stall near their college. He frequently visits this place so he should be at ease. But he's not at all. This is the first time he's eating with Sunggyu, he can't help but feeling shy and awkward. It's even awkward to stare into Sunggyu's eyes. No matter how pretty they are. Sunggyu mutters “You should be.” But Woohyun doesn’t notice that.

“Why don’t you eat your food? You don’t like it?” Sunggyu asks, and Woohyun lifts his head. Their gazes meet.

“No..” Woohyun answers, he scratches his head, “it just. I'm not used to this.”

“What? Eating tteobboki?”

“No. Eating with a boyfriend.” Woohyun blushes. He dips his head again. It's not for too long though, as Sunggyu's hand lifts his chin up again.

“You should really fix that habit of yours.” Sunggyu says. “Since you'll be eating with me everyday starting today.”

Woohyun frowns and he pulls his face back, somehow offended. He puts his chopsticks down and squares his shoulder. “Why?” He starts seriously, and Sunggyu his brow. “Why did you ask me out? Did you lost to any bet or did you do this out of accepting someone's dare..” he pauses a bit to bite on his lower lip, he doesn’t know why but his tear threatens to fall from his eyes, perhaps because he knew he'll be so disappointed if it's proven to be true. He on his breath again and continues, “because…I don’t think I could handle it,” his voice cracks a little, “if..if it's true, then…we should stop now.”

Sunggyu's harden expression doesn’t change, but the flicker in his eyes waver for a split second, telling Woohyun otherwise. “I don’t.” He says. “I don’t do this for a bet.”

 

 

“Is it my imagination only or is it true everyone is looking at me now?” Woohyun talks in a hushes voice, his eyes wander around the area, observing every crooks and nooks of the café.

“No. They're looking at me.” Sungyeol says. And Woohyun snorts into his face.

“Pretty sure they're looking at me.” Says a new voice. Woohyun shifts to look at the talking person. The guy flicks his head up then he waves at the bunch of ladies sitting at the table next to them. The girls giggle and wave back with much enthusiast. “See.” The guy, Myungsoo, adds, flashing his pretty smile. He sits next to Sungyeol, who sits across of Woohyun. Why is he sitting with them again?

“Shut up Soo.” A raspy honey-like voice says.

Oh right! Because of him. 

​​​​​“Grumpy grandpa.” Howon says next, giggling. He sits next to Myungsoo. It's an odd view Woohyun hasn't yet get used to. Sunggyu scowls a little in respond but then his expression turns back to normal. Stoic. Emotionless.

Woohyun wonders silently, how things turned this way. Sunggyu is currently next to him, with mineral water in front of him; Woohyun'd asked him if he wanted to eat anything, he just shrugged. To think abo

Please log in to read the full chapter