Honey next door

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

2,598 words of pure fluff. I'm currently writing I picked him up from a store, literally Part 2 but I got stuck. *sigh* Just pray it'll be done soon. See you next update ~

 

 

When Woohyun first makes his first step into the next door bakery, there's nothing special about the bakery he can initially dote on. The sweet smell of freshly baked cookies aren't new. The sharp, acrid smell of coffees being brewed aren't new. Even its outer and inner appearance isn't any peculiar if he's to compare the bakery to another one he has visited before. If any, it's mediocre at best.

Fortunately, Woohyun doesn't look further into those aspect to spend his first morning in the neighbourhood. After all, he reckons, it's the best way to know the city he'll be living in for a few years, at least. He's not even that enthusiast of coffee. He's there, only to taste of the blueberry cheese tart, to see whether it's up to his liking or not. (Woohyun is a bit picky of his favourite dessert.) If this shop doesn't serve the said dessert up to his taste, he would try another bakery next morning. He has a long days to spend here ahead.

Or so he thought. For a brief second at least.

“Welcome to Paradise Bakery.” A voice greets him the moment he steps in.

If anyone ever asked him before, Woohyun would have say that he never believed in love at first sight. To him, falling in love at the first sight is a stupid Disney-like dream that is, that, only a dream. A purposeless self-deluding fantasy. That will never came into reality, ergo why it's useless to Woohyun. But his self-opinion over the matter crumbles down the second his eyes fall onto the first face he sees when he walks in.

Woohyun finds himself to be frozen in front the counter, gaze heeding straight to the small eyes guy, solid as rock, unable to speak his order other than blinking dumbly at the guy. Thankfully it's already past peak hours, so there isn't line behind him, which is a relief, because Woohyun doesn't think he wants this to end yet. Whatever it is this is. Even if that would mean that he has to stand his numbing legs.

Woohyun takes a few seconds to scrutinize the guy in front of him, (coolly of course, trying not to be appeared as creepy) – pastel white hair, full cheeks, small eyes, and an adorable smile.

he's beautiful. Woohyun's unhelpful brain supplies him.

Woohyun has never called other man as beautiful before. Handsome, yes, countless times. But beautiful? This would be the first Woohyun thinks.

His nametag reads Sunggyu, with a tiny love drawn next to his name. But not even that detail cringes Woohyun as he would be with particular things alike.

“Can I help you sir?” The barista, Sunggyu, asks him in a sweet tone.

Woohyun would love to keep his compose in every situation like this. He's regarded as a charming back in his old neigbourhood for a reason anyway. But the generic polite smile the guy adorns perhaps throws Woohyun overboard. “Y-Yeah?” Woohyun replies in slight daze.

Sunggyu supresses the urge to chuckle seeing the half attention-oriented reply, and opts to flash his sweetest grin instead. His amused smile. It's not rare for his customers to grant him such responses – in daze, reverie, caught in thoughts-like. Well, it's not the kind of response he digs of. He'd never built any interest past customer-barista line anyway. He has no intention to do so. But something ticks his inside with how the guy (new face in town Sunggyu assumes) acting - blushing, clumsy, cute. The guy is cute. It's probably just a sudden amusement manifested in the heat of the moment, Sunggyu is sure of.

“Your order sir,” Sunggyu asks again, hiding his amusement within his smile, “can I take your order?”

Woohyun swallows nervously, he plants his palms on the counter, because he doesn't know what to do with them. “O-oh yes. Uhm, blueberry cheese tart-t. Do you have them?”

“Of course we have them.” Sunggyu chirps back, showing his perfect teeth in an adorable smile. His cheeks popped up more prominently then and Woohyun knows he's doomed alright.

“Okay, uhm, I want two blueberry cheese tart...and uhm, one espresso.” Those cheeks are distracting him too much. He likes to yank them away and maybe keep them in his pocket, but still, they probably look best on the guy's face. Woohyun has never seen anyone this size rocking round cheeks that perfectly. Sunggyu is probably in his early thirty too.

“Two blueberry cheese tart and one espresso.” Sunggyu repeats the order as he presses button on the screen, and after he's done with keying the order in, he picks his head again, looking at the seemingly awkward Woohyun. “Would that be all sir?”

“Oh?” Woohyun spouts absent-mindedly, but then his eyes frantically searching the display, just so that he has another excuse standing there. He shifts his head again not long after and finds out that Sunggyu is still looking at him. Woohyun stupidly flusters at the stare.

They are standing so close, only separated by the counter. If Woohyun want, he can reach out to pinch those round cheeks of Sunggyu. (He didn't though. He's stupid, not insane.)

“Can you like...recommend me your specialty?” Woohyun awkwardly says. He is not exactly one who likes to try new dessert, he's a picky eater after all. And since he is not that fond of chocolate, he doesn't really like to try new unusual dessert. But again, the guy behind the counter has the ability to make him act like a complete moron.

“You can try our authentic strawberry ice-cream cake. It was our family's special passed down recipe.” Sunggyu says with glint of excitement in his eyes. It's apparent that he likes the said menu a lot.

People would usually recommend their favourite when they were asked for opinion. Woohyun knows that. And for the fact alone, he finds himself spouting, “Yeah, okay...I'll try that.” (Woohyun doesn't even like strawberry that much.)

“Okay. Would that be all sir?”

“Yes.”

“What should I put your name as?”

“Woohyun.”

“Okay Woohyun-ssi.” Sunggyu says distractedly as he types the name in. “Is this for dine in or to go?”

“Dine in please.”

“Great! Please have a seat Woohyun-ssi. I'll be back with your order in a minute.”

“Thanks Sunggyu-ssi.” Woohyun replies, a bit sad that their conversation ended there, but also relief in the meantime as he doesn’t make fool of himself, that much.

“My pleasure.” Another s

Please log in to read the full chapter