Sick day

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

1,764 words.

 

 

Sunggyu taps on the table impatiently with his right hand as he waits for the client in front of him finishes her reciting the offer from her company regarding the new product to be collaborated with Kim Co. It would be their first time collaboration, so it is crucial for the meeting to happen, and Sunggyu, as the representative of the company is given task to make the contract happen no matter what.

Don’t take him wrong though. It’s not that he’s forced to be there. He’s there willingly. He knows his role as the chief executive. But, he has other matter occupying his mind at the moment. His husband.

To be more précised, his sick husband.

After a couple more minutes of negotiating, Sunggyu can finally heaves a relief breathe as they finally achieve a consensus, which means he’s done for today.

He can’t wait to go home to Woohyun. The younger husband of his seems to be a little weak and feverish this morning when he left for work and the younger hasn’t reply to his texts for about 4 hours now and that has Sunggyu worried sick.

The younger man is on a sick leave from work so he probably hasn’t eaten anything except for this morning breakfast that Sunggyu had fed him – a half of plain toast and a glass of plain water. He’s most likely to be sleeping right now.

After finished packing his things (his laptop and a worthy of workload to be brought home) and leaving message to his assistant to email any important messages he received as he won’t be taking any call for the day, he finally leaves.

He’s prepared to attend to his sick partner all day long.

===

When Sunggyu enters the living room silently after locking the front door up, he is presented with sleeping Woohyun on the couch, wearing one of Sunggyu’s oversized sweatshirt. A small smile played on Sunggyu’s face subconsciously. Somehow, seeing Woohyun in his clothes warms his heart.

Sunggyu strides over the sick man, leaving his bag and his coat at the foot of the couches. He leans over and presses the back of his palm onto Woohyun’s forehead warily, gauging the temperature which seems to be in a lot worse state compared to this morning. It doesn’t help that Woohyun looks tousled and weary. His face is white and his lips is cracking.

Sunggyu can’t help but frowns at the fact.

Sensing a touch on his burning skin, Woohyun shifts fitfully before opening his eyes tardily. His face contorted in pain as the bright light eases into his eyes before a weak smile making way to his face as he recognizes the owner of the hand pressed on his forehead.

“Hey baby, I’m home.” Sunggyu says with a smile.

“Gyu.” Woohyun greets back shortly. The dry throat is hurting him to talk like usual.

Sunggyu sits next to Woohyun on the floor as the man tugs on his pants feebly. “How’s your day?” He can’t help but ask even when he’s aware that his husband probably hasn’t move around much. He hates seeing the younger looking so weak and vulnerable.

“Um not much. Just taking my medicine and sleeping.”

“Have you eat anything?”

A few shakes of head is what he’s replied with.

“Do you want to sleep more?” He asks as he rubs Woohyun’s cheek with his thumb.

Woohyun leans to the touch, closing his eyes in the process. “No, I want to cuddle.”

“Are you sure? Won’t it make you uncomfortable?”

Woohyun opens his eyes to look into Sunggyu’s straight. “No it won’t. I’ve been waiting for you all day long.” He finishes with a pout.

The older man smiles at the display of affection. “Aish you big baby.” Sunggyu pokes Woohyun’s lips with his finger. “Alright we will cuddle okay?”

Woohyun shrugs his shoulders happily like how baby Yebin did in the infamous video. “I like it.” He giggles shortly as his action earning an amused chuckle from his husband. Even in sick state Woohyun would be so playful. It’s one of the trait that has Sunggyu falling hard for him.

“Let’s get you to the bed okay Hyun? I’ll cook porridge for you. Then you’ll have to rest.”

The younger man hums. “Sounds good to me.”

Sunggyu stands up from his place. “Can you walk by yourself or do you need my help?”

At the question, Woohyun blinks cutely and he holds his hands up. “I’m

Please log in to read the full chapter