A bit of rum.

Reasons for loving you
Please log in to read the full chapter

4,267w 

Warning 1: There will be lots of kisses.

This is actually an extracted chapter from one of my chaptered story (Romeo and Juliet with a twist) (which I hid, because I want to edit the story, and uh I was discouraged to continue it due to some unavoidable reason, but I will continue it, someday in the future) 

Maybe you'd read this before. I decided to extract this chapter out from the story and put it here as oneshot. 

Warning 2: Semi- (not really though)


 

Enjoy anyway~ 


 



 

      It was December, precisely three days away from Christmas. The sun has just fallen below the horizon, and resounding glowing hues of red and orange spreading in the sky. As the evening sky faded away, dusk rolling in and darker shades of night replaced the tangerine rays. The street lights and variety colour of lamps that hung low alongside the street started flickering to life, spilling its light to the street.

      Sunggyu pulled off his car into the sideway and shut down the engine. He observes his reflection on the rear-view mirror, fixing his charcoal black hair. He'd changed the hair colour back after Woohyun said he liked this colour better on him. He puts on some cherry flavoured lip-balm on his lips, spreading it evenly with a tap of his finger before he gets himself out from the car.

      The atmosphere is lively with festival spirits and it boost up Sunggyu’s mood too. He lifts his feet off the ground, walking towards his boyfriend’s shop. Sunggyu shoves his hands into the pocket, shivering slightly as the temperature dropping along with the darkening surrounding.

      The street was full with stores decorated with twinkling Christmas lights and colourful ornaments, offering varieties choice of gifts, cards and other treats, lined up alongside the street. Christmas carols were playing nonstop over the crackling speakers amidst the bustling road, full of grown up people busy attending their own businesses: shopping gifts, meeting friends and such. There are rows of kid queuing up at the chocolate stall, waiting for their turn.


      Sunggyu and Woohyun has been in relationship for six months now. Their relationship has growing more stable in the span of time. They had definitely passed the learning-about-each-other phase (though no one can be too sure with Woohyun as the man is full with surprise.) It was nothing uncommon for them to visit each other houses and spending countless night together. In fact, he is here now to pick the younger man for their night date.


 


 

      Scent of freshly baked cakes and steaming coffees is the first thing Sunggyu notices when he enters the bakery shop. He can see how crowded the place was right now. Guilt creeping up into him, he can't possibly being selfish in this situation. Proceeding with their plan that night probably would drive the bakery shop understaffed. And that is honestly horrible thing to do. Leaving their dongsaengs doing all the job whilst they gone having fun by their own.


      “Welcome to Namu's bakery! Oh Sunggyu hyung, hi hyung!” The young baker behind the counter greets Sunggyu cheerfully.

      “Hey Jongie, where is Woohyun?” He smiles at the younger man.

      “He’s in the kitchen. You go first hyung to his room. I’ll call him for you.”

      “Thank you Jongie-ah.”


 

      Sunggyu walks into Woohyun's office room and settles on the couch inside. He brings both his hands closer to his mouth, rubbing it together and occasionally blowing hot breath to the frozen hands. The night is a lot colder than he thought, that would probably explain the amount of customers in the shop at the moment. He bites his bottom lip, seeming undecides whether to proceed with their date or not.


      “Hey love.” A honey-like voice greets his ears. He turns around only to be awarded with a smiling Woohyun standing on the door frame behind him. He returns the smile warmly and open his mouth to reply the younger man.

      “Hey baby.”

      Woohyun approaches the couch, sits beside him and grabs the elder's hands that were still hanging close to his mouth.

      “Cold?” Woohyun asks him and Sunggyu nods slightly.

      Woohyun cradles the frozen hands between his own. The warmth emitted from the younger's hands defrost the coldness. Atop from that, Woohyun brings the hands closer to his mouth, blowing hot air to the skin and kissing both hands softly. Warmth spread evenly on his hands and heart at the gesture, a smile blooms widely on his face.

      “Better?” Woohyun asks, putting both pair of hands on his lap.

      “Yes, thank you Hyun.” Sunggyu says before surging forward dropping a peck on the younger's lips, murmuring, “I missed you.”

      The younger pulls back, staring into the pair of beautiful black orbs, “I missed you more Gyu.”

      Woohyun pulls Sunggyu closer and captures his lips in a sweet kiss, lightly pulling on the man's bottom lip with his teeth and on it briefly before he lets the lip slips.

      “Hmm cherry flavour!” Woohyun says, his bottom lip. Sunggyu scrunches his nose at the brown-hair man but failed to evade his mouth from curling a smile. He pulls on the younger’s chef coat and reclaimes the puff lips into another lips-locking, longer this time. Woohyun smells like vanilla and cinnamon rolls. He loved it.

      “Did you missed me that much?” Woohyun asks playfully after they separated for the third time. Lips wet and swollen.


      They both had been busy for the past month, both caught in the job that they rarely had time to meet. Woohyun just finished another big event and Sunggyu had started a new book. He had finished writing the first draft of his book so his schedule hasn’t being that tight yet. Plus with the Christmas coming, he anticipated nothing other than celebrating his first Christmas together with Woohyun.


      “Nope, I don’t miss you, I missed this.” He points to the younger's lips and drops another peck as if to prove it. Woohyun rolls his eyes at the answer.

      “That’s a part of me mister.”

      Sunggyu snickers at the man before he suddenly straighten up his body, remembering the dilemma he's having before.

      “Oh Woohyun, I have something to tell you.”

      “What is it hyung?”

      “You know, I can see you got tons of customers tonight. I really want to spend all night with you but I can't be selfish by wanting you all for myself. So I don’t know whether we should go out tonight, leaving Sungyeol and Sungjong handling the shop.” Sunggyu says, looking so dejected like a sad puppy.

       “Awh my sweet Sunggyu, stop being so cute.” Woohyun pinches Sunggyu's cheek but his hand gets swatted by the older man along with a package of death glare, he gulp slightly before continuing, “I get it hyung. I too didn’t know that people would flooded my shop. Perhaps the weather today is too cold to handle.” He sighs.

      “Maybe. So what to do then?”

      “How about we head to my place after work tonight?”

      “Movie night at home?”

      “Yep.”

      “Okay then.” Sunggyu smiles his crescent-eye smile at the answer and Woohyun clutches his chest and gasps dramatically.

      “Hyung, sudden aegyo attack is not allowed! I can't handle the feels!” Woohyun whines loudly but Sunggyu doesn't find it funny. He flicks the younger man's forehead hard and left to the kitchen joining Sungyeol and Sungjong, leaving his dumb lover handling his pain alone.


 

-


      The shop closed at 10PM and after all the cleaning, checking the available stock, calculating today's earning and whatnot, they finally wrapped it all at 11:48PM. Sungyeol and Sungjong wave good bye tiredly at the couple before exiting the back door.

      They were beyond tired for the day as the order for cakes or any other pastries in festival season has increasing tenfold in quantity than any other normal day. Not to mention that the cold weather adding a notch to the hardship. The tiring streak would last probably for another two or three days. After Christmas was over, the order quantity should be back to its regular number, hopefully.

      Woohyun is tempted to just sleep right there and then in his office room. Sometimes when he's too tired to go home, he would just crashed into the room. He has basic necessity supplies stored here, including his clean clothes. But he can't do that today. He had promised the older man movie night date and he can't possibly break the promise.


 

-


 

      “If you're tired, we can just cuddle and sleep. No need to force yourself silly.”

      “No can't do. I promised you movie night date so that's it, Qué será será!” The younger man huffs at the older man, sulking like a kid.

      Sunggyu mentally face-palms himself. There, another habit of Woohyun, spouting aphorism that he found online when arguing to look smart and to make sure the other person couldn't counter back his argument. Even if the aphorism he used can’t actually be fitted into the situation, like right now.

      They were currently lying in front of the living room on a giant makeshift bed, built from layers of thick blankets, duvets and lots of fluffy pillows. The coffee table that originally put on that spot was moved aside and the light in the room has been switched off.


      “Aish stubborn baby. Okay then, if you say so. But if you want to sleep, tell me okay?”

      “Okay hyung.” Woohyun says in a baby tone, snuggled closer to the older man.


      Sunggyu chuckles at the cute tone. That was one of Woohyun's cute habit too, talking in a baby voice when he was like, extremely tired.


      “What do you want to watch?”

      “Detective Conan.”


 

      Sunggyu rolls his eyes at the younger selection. Again with the Detective Conan. The series seems to not have concrete ending yet and probably would still airing for 10 years more. He didn't know how many more episode will it takes for Edogawa Conan to switch back permanently into Kudo Shinichi. But he is basically whipped at this point by his younger lover so he found himself asking,

      “At what episode did we stop last time?”

      “652, so it should be 653 tonight.”

      “Okay baby.” Sunggyu wriggles out from Woohyun's hold to press the play button on the laptop. They'd connected the laptop to the flat screen television for a better and clearer picture.

      Woohyun whines at the lost source of warmth he'd been hugging to, spouting 'Faster! Faster!' repeatedly and only shut his mouth once S

Please log in to read the full chapter