Other lunch plans???

When Life Gives You Lemons
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jihoon and Seungcheol, after exchanging phone numbers, have been texting back and forth throughout the weekend. So it was no surprise to him when he received a call from the representative of PLD Bank when he was back in the office on Monday, informing him of the offer acceptance and to manage the remaining paper work.

The new week felt like heaven compared to the last. Things were picking up for Jihoon in the office, his phone was ringing almost constantly, a sign of good business, and he was closing that eye sore of a gap between Seungkwan’s and his numbers. So close. However, he was confident that the fees from the job he landed Seungcheol would be enough for him to rise back to power overtake Seungkwan and be back at first place.

 

When the period finally came to a close, everyone congratulated Jihoon on once again being the top earner. He felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off him because he had met the high expectations of everyone around him. But he knew that this sense of relief was short-lived, and would be back when the next period started. The only difference for the new period, is that maybe he wouldn’t be so stressed anymore because of a certain someone who would be starting work at his new job across the street. Meaning, more frequent meetups, more frequent coffees, and basically something to make his days better.

 

“Gooood morning Jihoonie, are you ready for the new period?” Soonyoung chirped on the first day of the new month. Before Jihoon could reply, Soonyoung said, “I don’t care if you’re ready or not, cause it has begun!” And turned back to face his desktop. Jihoon stared at his side profile, blinked a couple of times, and dismissed his friend’s antics with a laugh, then turning to face his own desktop screen.

His day went as per normal, but when lunch time came, Soonyoung and Wonwoo were shocked, appalled even, when Jihoon rejected their offer for lunch. How could he? The three of them always had lunch together, it was like, an unspoken rule! So why was Jihoon, of all people, breaking this unsaid rule??

“D-did Jihoon just say he has other plans for lunch?” Wonwoo asked Soonyoung, eyes wide in shock.

“Dude, I-I think he did. Did he?” Soonyoung was just as shocked because Jihoon wasn’t known for having many friends, so this was new. This was really new!

“Stop talking like I’m not sitting right in front of you! And yes, I do have lunch plans, what’s so surprising about that? You people make it sound like I don’t have any friends besides you guys.” Soonyoung and Wonwoo exchange glances, then turn back to look at the lemon fairy, gazes accusing as if saying yeah, you don’t. “Which is not true! And my lunch plans prove it, so you better believe it.”

“Friends..friends..” Wonwoo trails off. “I really can’t think of anyone other than us-“

Then suddenly, Soonyoung makes a loud and exaggerated gasp. “Waaaait a minute, I think I know who our dear JIhoonie’s lunch buddy is.” Jihoon eyes him suspiciously, could he know?

“Okay you know what, I’m going to leave before you say anything because I don’t want to hear it. It’s about time I leave anyway.” Jihoon quickly grabs his wallet and office access card before turning to bolt out of doors. But before he could make his quick escape, Soonyoung had him by wrist, confused gaze now substituted with a proud and knowing one.

Well .

“Choi. Seung. Cheol. Am I right?”

“M-maybe.”

“HAH! I KNEW IT! You absolutely at lying, lover boy!” Wonwoo winced from the volume of Soonyoun

Please log in to read the full chapter