4 Weeks

When Life Gives You Lemons
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Jihoon. Salty. Bitter about life. Top earner of Pledis recruitment firm.

 

“Jihoon! Your client is on the line, hurry your up!” Wonwoo shouted across the office to Jihoon, who had just step foot into the office at the ungodly hour of 8AM.

First thought: Why the hell is my client calling at 8AM on a Monday.

Eyes widening slightly, he quickly scrambled to his desk, threw down his bag somewhere (there will always be time to find it after this phone call) and grabbed his landline to his face.

“HELLO LEE JIHOON SPEAKING.” He gasped out, a little out of breath from the scramble.

Good morning Jihoon, this is the representative from Samsung speaking. We have interviewed the candidate you referred to us and we have decided that she is the one. We have decided to hire her so please settle the documents on your side accordingly.” The calm voice replied, completely unfazed.

“Oh that’s great! Sure, I’ll get back to you by 12PM latest thanks!” Jihoon lets out a long sigh, casually throws the handset back onto the base, and leans back into his chair with a triumphant smile on his face.

 

Got another placement.

 

The recruitment business was a tough one. Placements were made when the candidate you referred to the client gets hired. Being the middle man between the client looking for a suitable employee, and the candidate looking for a suitable job, meant that you had to have good balance. Yes, balance. To juggle many things and information at one go, and to execute with knife-like precision. It was needed for you to not fall flat on your face in this job. And balance was something Jihoon DID have.

 

“Another placement?? You are making the rest of us hard workers here look bad, Jihoonie.”

Turning to his right, he faced Soonyoung, his co-worker and desk mate, giving him the side eye (and possibly stink eye as well) and responded with a simple smirk. Oh, how Soonyoung hated that smirk. Now, don’t get them wrong, Soonyoung is one of JIhoon’s closest friends in and out of the office. But when you have 4 weeks left to meet revenue and placement targets, anything and everything will set you on edge. Especially the over performing colleague who JUST so happens to be sitting RIGHT next to you.     

Jihoon simply chuckles as he bent forward to reach for his bag that he unceremoniously threw under the table earlier, ruffling his pale green locks as he resurfaces and sets up to officially start another day of phone calls, interviews and dealing with co-workers.

As you know, pale lemon coloured (or any bright dye for the matter) hair is probably not seen favourably in any workplace. But, if you are the highest earning consultant in the office, these rules don’t apply to you. Or at least in Jihoon’s case they don’t.  

 

Working at Pledis was stressful at best, and noisy. Phones were bomba

Please log in to read the full chapter