Betrayal

When Life Gives You Lemons
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lemons? LEMONS? Why were there only lemons??? Where are all his snacks??? He didn’t even order lemons!

As if today wasn’t already enough, now life wants to rub it in by LITERALLY giving him ing lemons??? Jihoon’s legs lose all energy as he plops down to the floor in front of the lemons. What did I do to deserve this, this INJUST? he thought.

He lay on the floor for a good 10 minutes, before deciding to stop moping around. He moved over to the box and checked the top. The sticker did contain all his information, his name, address and what not, so why did they get the order wrong?

Confusion turned into anger. He was going to express his absolute disappointment to the company. He decided that an email would be appropriate because he didn’t want to speak to anyone over the phone like as if he doesn’t do that enough at work. He turns on his laptop and begins to furiously type out a professional complaint email which soon turns heartfelt and emotional and HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO HIM.

He ends the email with “Best regards” because he’s going for the passive aggressive tone, which not very passive, slightly aggressive, but mostly emotional. But who the cares. He hits send with a weight to it and leans back into his couch, calming himself down from typing that email. Yeah. Yeah, he feels better.

Back to reality, Jihoon continues staring at the box of lemons, wondering what he was going to do with them. Well, he did like lemonades. Maybe use them to make some? But why would he make his own (which probably wouldn’t taste good by the way) when he could just go down to his usual diner, WHICH WAS CLOSED BY THE WAY, to get some. He sighs for the umpteenth time that day and decides that thinking too much this late would cause his brain cells to die at a much quicker pace, and leaves the lemons alone for the night. He’ll think of what to do with them tomorrow.

 

-

 

“Hey have my snacks arrived yet?” Soonyoung asked from his desk the next morning. That single sentence lit a fire in Jihoon’s eyes and Soonyoung instantly regrets asking.

“Oh my god, come here. I need to tell you how BETRAYED I’m feeling right now.” Jihoon says as he hooks his foot under Soonyoung’s chair leg and pulls him closer.

The rant begins.

 

-

“Like, what did I ever do to them???” Soonyoung was getting worried. His friend looked and sounded like he was about to cry at any moment now, and he didn’t know what to do because he had a meeting coming up soon. So he tries talking himself out of this.

“J-jihoon I know they did you wrong, like really, I understand. But I k-kinda have to go-“ Mid sentence in, he sees Wonwoo walk by and instantly drags him by the arm over to their desks. “-but Wonwoo here will keep you company. You can tell him all about it!” With that, Soonyoung sat Wonwoo down on his chair and ran off, muttering a quick apology to a clueless Wonwoo.

The ranting went on until Jihoon’s voice went hoarse and had to get up to grab a glass of water from the pantry. But when he came back, Wonwoo had disappeared. But he couldn’t even think twice about Wonwoo. Only the grocery store filled his mind.

Jihoon was offended, Jihoon was hurt. How could the online grocery store DO this to him, their loyal customer (Total purchase count: 2). He decided there and then, that he was NEVER going to patronise them EVER again.

 

-

 

After lunch, Jihoon opened his email on the desktop and lo and behold, there was a reply to the email he sent regarding ‘informing’ the grocery company about the little mix up. The reply was a generic “we’re deeply sorry for the mistake and we will ensure that such a thing will not happen again”. But below, was something else.

You all know what sweet talking is. Basically nice works to persuade someone to do something, and it’s what your ex would probably do to get you back. Yeah.

Below, was a 70% voucher off the total bill for Jihoon’s next purchase. This was sweet talking. Except

Please log in to read the full chapter