Is this what they call stalking?

When Life Gives You Lemons
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Happy Friday everyone!” Seungkwan shouts as he stepped into the office. There were a bunch of ‘Happy Friday’s shouted back because Fridays meant the end of the week, and who doesn’t love Fridays right? Even though Jihoon was still second on the revenue board, he was in a good mood because Friday meant that his filled week was going to over in approximately 8 hours if the day went smoothly and if work does not call for overtime.

Everything was running smoothly, a 180-degree flip from how the rest of his week went. Another thing that warranted the good mood on JIhoon’s part was that he had received a call from PLD Bank, and was informed that they had in fact, given Seungcheol the offer for the role there. How great was that?? He was going to have to tell Seungcheol ASAP, but his phone rang before he could even look up his resume to find Seungcheol’s number.

 

Seungcheol POV

Seungcheol was woken up by the afternoon sun streaming through the gaps where his curtain didn’t overlap into his room. He had taken Friday off because why not, and was planning to clear his off days before he (hopefully) was offered the role at PLD Bank and tender his resignation for his current company.

He continued to lie in bed, the inertia to get his body moving proved to be too strong, so why resist. He unplugged his phone from the bedside charger and held it above his face, scrolling through unread chat messages from friends. Suddenly, his phone started buzzing with an unknown number flashing on the screen. He jumped from the shock and his phone slipped through his fingers, landing straight onto his nose bridge. And that hurt.

Seungcheol was scrambling to find his phone amongst his bedsheets while holding his nose bridge with one hand, muttering curses because that hurt like a . What did his nose bridge ever do to deserve that?

He grabs his vibrating phone and swipes the screen right to pick up the call. Right now, he’s flustered, groggy and has no idea who’s on the other line.

“Hello?” He doesn’t even try to sound composed, simply relieved that he didn’t miss the phone call. Turns out, it was a call from the PLD Bank representative with some good news. He was offered the position he interviewed for and holy was this a great start to his day.

He throws himself off the bed and rushes dial his recruiter’s landline because God damn it he still doesn’t have his personal phone number.

After a few rings, a soft, soothing voice like music to Seungcheol’s ears speaks through.  “Hello thank you for calling Pledis, this is Jihoon speaking how may I help you?”

Seungcheol then remembers how Jihoon hoped that he would accept the job, and decides to attempt pranking him.

“Hi Jihoon, this is the representative from PLD Bank. I’m calling regarding the candidate you recommended, Choi Seungcheol, I believe.”

“Nice try loser, they just called me before you did.” Jihoon dead panned.

“ I was hoping you’d fall for it. And ‘loser’? I’m hurt, Jihoonie.”

“Sure you are. By the way, congratulations on the job offer! Have you thought about accepting it yet?” Jihoon went straight to the point, and Seungcheol knew why.

“Of course I have, all I need to do now is to email them my acceptance and turn in my resignations for my current job. I should be able to settle everything in a week. And you, can add some numbers to your revenue board.” Seungcheol chuckles as he heard Jihoon trying to explain that he wasn’t trying to be pushy because of his revenues.

“Aside from that, congratulations again. I’ll probably contact you again when your start your job there, a-as per procedures, of course, to check up on how everything will be going.”

“Will you be contacting me for any other particular reason besides work?” Seungcheol is being cheeky, he knows it, but he’s trying his luck anyway.

“No.” Came the quick reply. Seungcheol was just about to start whining when JIhoon continued. “Just kidding, I might, and I emphasize on the MIGHT, call you for…o-other reasons. But no promises.” From the small stutters in his sentence, Seungcheol could imagine the pink blooming on JIhoon’s cheeks.

“I’ll be waiting for your call then, since you still haven’t given me your phone number. And I think arranging a date via your office landline might not be the most appropriate.” He chuckles out, leaving the blatant hint there for JIhoon to get.

“Who said it’s going to be a date, huh? Anyway, I’m kind of busy right now so I’ll talk to you again soon?”

“’Soon’ sounds amazing. See you soon Jihoonie.”

“See you, S-seungcheol.”

 

 

Jihoon’s POV

Jihoon put his phone down with a smile playing on his lips. Who knew a simple phone call could make his mood that much better?

“Just ended a call with your boyfriend?” Soonyoung said from his side, quickly popping his happy bubble and bringing him back to reality.

“That was my candidate. And you know I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Could’ve fooled me. This is the first time I’ve heard you stutter since you first entered the company. I remember you fumbling over your words trying to introduce yourself to everyone on the first day. Where did my cute Jihoonie go? Gone for the longest time, and all of a sudden, brought back by some random candidate! I can’t believe this!” Soonyoung joked, enjoying the look of disbelief on Jihoon’s face because he was not cute. Especially not by Soonyoung’s shameless standards. And also, it was somehow only okay if it was Seungcheol calling him cut- wait what. No. It was not okay no matter who it

Please log in to read the full chapter