Chapter 2

Fate Number For Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwoo pov:

“Are you ready for your first photoshoot? Jinwoo?”

My manager asked me as he entered my dressing room. The makeup artist is busy putting cosmetics on my face. I turned to him slowly.

“I think I am.” I answered. Though I feel a little bit nervous.

“okay. Then standby in five minutes.” Then he leaves to talk to the photographer in the next room.

-------

10pm. I didn’t realize it was this late already. After the shoot, my manager brought me to a party in a famous club here in the city. I don’t know anyone there, so I just sit at one corner of the club while drinking the wine provided by them. When I felt bored, I approached my manager and told him that I need to get home.

Good thing the club is not that far from my apartment. When I open the door, Bei and Rei is already waiting for me just behind it.

“Awww, are you hungry? Sorry i got home late today. Did you two miss me huh?” I pick them up carefully and bring them to the kitchen to give them food. I quickly took a bath and change my clothes to a comfy one. Since today is so tiring, I want to sleep early. I am about to close my eyes when I remember something. I run back to the couch and hurriedly turn on the tv. Just on time. The show is just starting. The cats lay down beside me as I started focusing my attention on the show.

It’s them. My former teammates. They are the guest on Happy Together tonight. They look great as always. But my eyes mostly follow just him, Mino.

I miss him. I want to see him. But I can’t. They are doing so well now. I have to keep my distance from them.

 

When I left them three years ago, I went back first to Imja. Unfortunately, my father is not there since he is out at the sea. So it is my mom and my little sister who welcomed me home. Even though they are sad, they understand the decision I made and never blame of everything. I did not stay there for long; I entered the military once I got back to the city. After I was dismissed, I worked at a small restaurant as a waiter. Some did recognize me, but I was glad they did not ask further questions as to what happened before. A month later, a guy in his 30’s approach me, he told me that it’s a waste that I am only working there as a waiter, that a good looking guy like me should be on tv more. Then he eagerly scouts me to train in his agency as a model. I really don’t want to go. I don’t want to be seen on public anymore because I am content of where I am. But he insisted, saying it is different from the idol life I dreamed of before. I asked my parents about it, and they are very glad that I got an offer like that. And that they will be happy if I tried it once. Even my co-workers insisted that I should go. After a month of non-stop pestering, I agreed to his offer.

It is not really a big agency. But they have a number of models for different commercials and magazines. It only takes me a couple of months to train. After a short while, they give me my first project. And that is what I am working on now. It is not a really popular magazine, but they have their loyal consumers, they said. But I am just worried; I hope they won’t recognize me. I even asked the makeup artist to put a little bit more of make up on my face. Everything is going well right now. Except the fact that I miss my old friends. i miss team A.

-------------

The bright sunlight wakes me up today. The cats are still sleeping soundly beside me. I carefully get down the bed to avoid waking them up. Its Sunday, so I better go to the gym, I feel a bit stiff these past few days.

“should I eat first?” when I open the refrigerator, there’s only eggs and one pack of bacon. “Grocery time.”

I went to the gym first before heading to the grocery store. Since it is Sunday, I expect a lot of people here in the store. When I was on my way to get a basket, I bumped on a girl in front me.

“Oh! Im sorry! Are you okay?” I asked her worriedly.

The girl faced me. She stared at me like for a minute before finally speaking. “im okay. You looked familiar.”  She said.

I am not surprised though. In several occasions, I encountered some people who still recognize me; that show is really popular.

I just bowed to her. Then two more girls approach her, friends maybe. I then took my leave still hearing some whispers from them. After shopping, I went back to the apartment. I will just take a rest for the whole day. I don’t have anything to do anyways.

I lay down on the bed, but my eyes caught something on the small table beside my bed. It’s a picture of me and my dongsaengs.

“I hope they are doing fine.” I murmured to myself. I put it back on the table then prepared myself to sleep.

-----------

Mino:

We were given one week of vacation. Finally, after months of hardwork. Seungyoon wants us to go a beach, he said we need to wash away our stress that was built this past few months. So we decided to go to Jeju. We will leave tomorrow, so first, I will visit my family in Yongin.

“Taehyun, I will just go back to Yongin..” I told him fixing my backpack while he is sitting on the couch in the sala. “I will be back before we leave to Jeju.”

“Okay. Give my regards to them.”

“Yeah. Just tell Seunghoon-hyung and Seungyoon.”

He gives me a silent nod and a thumbs up.

-------------

I made a stop at the mall to buy something for my mom and Dana. I bought a couple grey coats for them. I hope they like it though. I don’t have any idea what woman’s fashion ideals are, so I just chose randomly. I also bought food. I texted my mom that I am coming today, to make sure they are at home when I get back. It’s been really long since I saw them last, so I really miss them. Unfortunately, my dad went overseas for work, so I won’t be able to meet him.

When I open the door, mom is already waiting for me at the sala.

“Mino-yah! I miss you so much! Come here! Let me give you kiss.” She excitedly stands up of the couch upon the sight of me. oh, I realy miss my mom.

“Seriously, a kiss? Im not a kid anymore mom.” I murmured like a kid, my mom just shrugged it off and kiss both my cheeks.

“Why? You don’t your mom to to be sweet to you?” She then gives me a tight hug.

“where’s Dana? Here, I bought you gift. Hope you like it.” I handed her the shopping bags with my gift.

“she’s upstairs. She has been waiting for you. She said she have something to tell you.”

“Eh? What is it?” I am curious. I wonder what it is. Maybe she just misses me a lot.

I went upstairs and go to her room.

“Dana! Im here already. I bought something for you.” I knocked on her door. I heard a hurried footsteps and the door opened revealing my pretty sister.

“Mino-hyung!” She gives me a tight hug then let go. She quickly dragged me inside her room.

“I have something to tell you. Maybe you really need to know this.” She told me as she sits on her bed.

“What is it? Do you want to try being an idol again? I don’t mind. In YG? I can help you.” Dana just repeatedly shakes her head. “No no no. That’s not it. And I don’t think I’ll do that again.”

“Then what is it?” I looked at her. She looks so excited I don’t know what’s going on with her head. “Are you still looking for Kim JInwoo?” She asked in a small voice. That caught me off guard. Why is she suddenly asking about him? What does she mean? My heart starts to race as I asked her back. “Why?”

“Uhmm.  I think I saw Kim Jinwoo yesterday. At a grocery store.”

Eh. Did I hear her right? Kim Jinwoo? I felt something inside me. My heartbeat increased as if I am having a cardiac arrest. I looked straight to her eyes, finding any signs of lie. But she looks so serious.

“don’t look at me like that. I think it’s really Kim Jinwoo. I bumped into him.” His image suddenly clouded my mind. Upon hearing his name, my heart seemed to leap from its place.

“Where did you see him?” the eagerness to see him reflects on my expressions.

“At a grocery store near YaKorea Hostel in Itaewon, Seoul. I visited one of my friends there. And we went to the store to buy stuffs. Then that happens.” She explained.

“Did you talk to him?”

“No, but I told him that he looks familiar. I don’t think we meet before. So he probably doesn’t know me. He just says sorry and walked away.”  

I stand up from my seat and walked back and forth. So that means he is just near all this time? The need to see him grows more. What do I do? I want to see him so badly. All these past years with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter