Spoken Words

Rust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence was something Taehyung had forgotten about ever since Hoseok had entered in his life. There were always the clattering of dishes, noise of the washing machine and the calming whistle of the tea pot. Hoseok hadn't spoken a word ever since that way. Taehyung had been counting every passing minute. On their way back home, he had tried to speak to the ghost about their discovery of that night but they were simply brushed off. Hoseok had excused himself for a while ever since that night and Taehyung hadn't seen him since.

It's been exactly four thousand three hundred and twenty five minutes since Hoseok had left him. That should not be concerning Taehyung as they had absolutely no connections with Hoseok. Along with the fact Hoseok was a non-human being. The fact that the king had the exact same name as him and the fact that he was the one who had discovered Hoseok, he couldn't help but wonder what tactics of fate waited for him.

It wasn't until the fourth day when Taehyung had been woken up a heavy blow on his head, he was finally able to breathe freely. Hoseok had thrown a book at him and he had never been so elated in his life to be woken with a harsh blow. "Hi." Hoseok greeted as he sat down on the human's bed with his legs crossed, almost floating on the bed’s surface. "Hi." Taehyung replied, watching the golden sun light pass through Hoseok's almost human like features.

The aura Hoseok always emitted was almost as golden as the sun but instead of a burning sting, it felt as warm as home.

"I...I have my memories back." Hoseok informed with hesitation in his tone. "But, I don't know how to set myself free. I don't know how to go to the afterlife neither do I know how to come to life as a mortal. I don't know what I'm supposed to with my existence and the amount of regret that is left within me." He ended his sentence by closing his eyes at the end of the sentence, reminiscing on his past life.

"Stay, then." Taehyung replied, without putting a second though to his words. "Stay? Stay here? On earth?" Hoseok asked with a mocking scoff. "I mean it, stay with me. No one has to know about you and we could be magicians together, making tons of money. We can travel the world with that money and even though I'll look like I'm taking to myself, I don't mind." The human confirmed with determination and his showing signs of life for the first time. He wanted to grasp onto Hoseok's hand to assure him of his emotions, but he couldn't.

A stinging ache had formed in Taehyung's heart but he couldn't put his finger on why it was happening.

"Don't be stupid. I'm a ghost. I can't stay here forever. I'm sure it will some system of life. Humans and witches aren't allowed to coexist, let alone humans and ghosts." The stinging ache in Taehyung's heart had begun to increase rapidly, along with an appearance of an invisible force suffocating his chest. "However, I guess I could stay with you, until we find a way to my afterlife." Hoseok finished with a sigh which was soon replaced with a giggle.

The ache had subsided and Taehyung was no longer suffocating. It had left emptiness behind but it was something he could easily ignore.

He just needed to hear those words.

"So, what now?" Hoseok asked as he once again began to float in the air, just how Taehyung loved to see Hoseok. "Do you want to go to university with me? It'll be fun, watching everyone being tortured." The human suggested snickering whist looking at the clock. It was still very early in the morning. He had just enough time for breakfast and a shower.

"Wouldn't it be weird? You won't be able to talk to me so I'll just be bored and anxious with my endless curiosity." Hoseok answered with a subtle pout on his lips. "It's fine. I can put headphones on and pretend to talk on the phone. "If you say so." Hoseok agreed with a hum. "But you have to promise to not to let go of me. You can't move anywhere away from me." The human requested almost sounding demanding. "Possessive much? Pinky promise. I'll follow you everywhere." Hoseok answered lifting his left hand, revealing the pinkie only.

It was pointless to perform this. It was pointless as neither of them could touch each other. Yet, it had led to Taehyung feeling sparks of emotions he could not begin to comprehend without his head feeling dizzy.

Sure the day had began in an absolutely amazing way but the moment he had stepped out of his house after a long shower and filled stomach, he was face to face with the Kim Seokjin. "Taehyung? What are you doing up and ready so early?" Jin asked, locking the door of his shared apartment with his lover and taking a glance at his wrist watch.

"I have university in two hours and since I kind of woke up early so I thought might as well as go early." Taehyung lied, locking the door to his own apartment as well, which was another shocking doing of the younger to Jin. It had become a habit ever since Hoseok had nagged to him about how “unsafe” it was to keep the door unlocked, for an entire day. "You are telling me, you woke up early enough to take a shower and head out for university two hours ahead?" Jin asked raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Yes. I also had breakfast so now if you'd excuse me; I have to head out for university. Bye hyung, tell Namjoon hyung that I miss his aesthetic instagram posts!" Taehyung informed, without taking a second glance at the elder and rushed out of the apartment complex. He couldn't bring himself to lie to Jin more than once a day. He just couldn't lie to the elder.

He couldn’t lie in general but no one asked.  

It didn't take long for the two to arrive at the enormous campus of BH University. It wasn't as large as the national university but they were quite competitive; apart from the tuition fees because god damn, BH was expensive. Also, holy , Taehyung was about to fail his semester.

He was laughed at in the car as he had remembered he had two tests on that day, which he had forgotten about whilst he was busy slacking off the entire week, weeping about Hoseok's absence. "How were you surviving so long without me?" Hoseok asked, floating very closely to the younger as they made their way to the university library. A very good question; "I was surviving on pizza and coke." Taehyung replied with a shrug. "And ." Hoseok added with a click of his tongue.

. It's true. Taehyung had at least four people to screw every week ever since he had began his university life. Taehyung labeled himself as someone who was ually hungry. Regardless of gender and race, Taehyung would never say to anyone he found worth being in bed with. He didn't know why his ual appetite was so high but it was just there for the past three years.

Until now that is; ever since his discovery of Hoseok, Taehyung had forgotten about his ual hunger, which was now almost nonexistent. He no longer had an indescribable prickle under his skin at night. He longer felt the lack of warmth on his bed. Not since Hoseok had arrived.

Ironically, Hoseok's presence was supposed to bring him nothing but cold shivers down his spine, instead, Hoseok's presence had always been an unbelievable and unexplainable ray of warmth and hope.

Taehyung's train of thoughts was interrupted by Hoseok when Taehyung had almost bumped into a wall being lost in his thoughts. "So what are we going to do about your exams? Are you ready to fail?" Hoseok asked as he followed Taehyung into the library. He was fascinated by the amount of books the university library had. It was close to being as big as a public library and it was very difficult for him to hold himself back from picking up books to take home for a quite read.

"I have an idea." Taehyung replied adjusting his headphones, making sure no one could become suspicious of his actions. "What's that smarty pants?" Hoseok asked sitting on top on the table. Even though he was a ghost with no energy limits, floating at times could be annoying.

The sensation of bugs flying through his body was not very appreciated.

"You're going to tell me the answers. I'm sure I can at least pass if we can work together in the next hour. You can memorize the Macroeconomic Consequences and I can memorize the Microeconomic consequences. This way I won't have to mess up whilst binge studying and pass my exams. What do you say?" Taehyung suggested, looking at his book even though he was wearing headphones, it would look plain odd if he looked at the empty space ahead of him.

"But then you won't learn anything and how will you get yourself a high paying job with no knowledge?" Hoseok asked, his tone almost complaining about Taehyung's lack of sincerity towards his education. "I'm going to become a super model anyways. I just need to get myself a degree so that my parents can stop complaining." The human replied with confidence and annoyance towards his parent's constant nagging.

For some reason they could see Taehyung starving to death in a few years. Jimin begged to differ; the latter could see Taehyung being a hobo.

It was surely difficult to convince Hoseok into helping him cheat in his exam but at the end th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter