Epilogue: On The Other Side Of The Door Of Fate Is The Book Of Secrets

Rust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung shook the empty packet of cigarettes in hope of being lucky enough to find one inside. After his photo shoot last week, at which he had a bit of an argument with the stylist who wanted him to take off the “ugly” ring, he hadn’t left his apartment. Namjoon and Jin were regular guests who with very much “permission” had barged in for a family dinner of three.

Taehyung sighed as he headed towards the bathroom to find himself some mint flavored gum to chew on. It had become a habit in the past few months to keep himself occupied with either a cigarette in his mouth. The emptiness could never be filled by the likes of alcohol. Forgetting was never an option. His only hope was to live with the memories which were burned inside his head and the sensation of the last time he had touched the being he loved the most.

Tonight was not Taehyung’s night though. He deeply sighed as he noticed the emptiness of the bathroom cabinet. He was almost running out of toothpaste and his toothbrush was getting too stale. As much as he hated to sound of it, he had to get of the apartment to fetch himself some cigarettes and toiletry.

Walking down the busy streets, the human passed by multiple sign boards promising the impossible. “Hair Growth In Five Days Only” or  “Get Rid Of Acne In An Hour”, such promises sounded attractive but he wasn’t dumb enough to fall for false hope. Well, at least not after being tricked twice a day for a week.

After waking up for his state of deep sleep, Taehyung had desperately begun to search of Hoseok. He had hunched that something was definitely being hidden from him by the ghost. It was foolish of him for letting Hoseok keep it to himself and it was foolish of him to fall for fate’s tricks.

Let it be in the cabinet or in the Ocean, there was no place that he hadn’t searched at, which was within his reach. Not being able to find the ghost, his only hopes were Jooheon and Minhyuk; and as for Taehyung’s luck, the two had already fled away from his university.

That was when he had begun barging into random shops in the city which were labeled as “Pure Witchcrafts”. At the moment, he found himself to be nothing but a dumb for letting those “witches” be aware of his love for Hoseok. Their “spells” were nothing but gibberish and their “charms” were made out of hard plastic.

As a familiar ache began to form in his chest, Taehyung took a deep breath as he entered the shop to purchase his favorite brand of cigarettes. However, when Taehyung looked up from the street to the view in front of him, he found himself in a bar. He was mostly certain that he had been walking on the right path.

“Welcome!” a male with dark pink hair greeted him from behind the drink bar. It was Lee Minhyuk wearing a bartender’s outfit. “You!” Taehyung exclaimed as the other’s sudden appearance had taken him by surprise. “Well would you look at that! It’s been a while, friend.” Taehyung looked at the direction the other voice had been heard from.

Through a door, with a glass of wine on top of a tray, came out Jooheon wearing a waiter’s outfit. “You two! How did I get there? What’s going on?” Taehyung asked, almost enraged by their actions. In his most desperate time of need, the two were as if they had disappeared in thin air. “All in good times, my friend; have a seat and enjoy the music.” Minhyuk said as he added a floating lemon slice on top of the wine.

The smooth jazz playing in the background was similar to the tune Hoseok hummed as he cooked.

“What bull is this? You guys know where Hoseok is don’t you? Where is he? What did you guys do to him?” Taehyung asked as he pushed the wine glass harshly from the bar to the edge. The glass stopped with half of it balance on the platform of the bar and the other half hanging in mid air. “You see Taehyung, if I had pushed that glass that harshly, it would have fallen. It’s because fate wants you to drink it, is why we suggested that you do.” Jooheon informed as he placed the wine glass in front of Taehyung once again.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, the guest took a sip of the wine.

It tasted like orange juice.

“Interesting right?” a figure appeared on the stage as if he had teleported. “Who the are you?” Taehyung asked the male who jumped down from the stage and began to walk towards the human. “I go by many names and forms. Originally, I am a witch named Min Yoongi. So, did you like the wine?” the male asked as he took a seat on a stool next to Taehyung.

“Master, may I have a cup of Americano please?” Yoongi requested his disciple with a eating grin. He was looking forward to the other male’s death glare at his request. “Sorry grandpa, it’s a bar.” Jooheon replied with a sigh. “Well, this gentleman here can have orange juice at a bar and I can’t have coffee? That’s injustice.” With furrowed eyebrows, the human looked at his expected glass of wine.

It was a glass of orange juice.

With an astounded expression, Taehyung fluttered his eyelids, making sure he wasn’t just seeing things.

“Back to our human guest, fate has brought you here. Anything you’d like to ask?” Yoongi questioned the male as a cup of Americano appeared in front of him. Taehyung watched the male add sugar to his coffee in a quizzical manner. “Oh, it’s because I am as sweet as sugar. The coffee would hurt if it’s not originally sweetened.”  The witch informed with a tone which wasn’t showing any sign of mockery or mischief.

The male sounded entirely earnest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter