Blossom

Rust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ing in a ity ing ; along with such articulate words, Taehyung also had been uttering, “ Spring.” And “No Hoseok, I am not jealous of the couples enjoying the god damn view outside my god damn apartment and making out right in front of my eyes. I am fine.” Whilst heavily sneezing literally at every corner of the house. His nose was now as red as a clown’s and his hair just as curled from the lack of caring.

Hoseok’s kind and honest soul did not hesitate to comment that the human did look like a clown.

“I thought idiots don’t catch colds? How come you’re dying from one?” Hoseok asked as he placed a bowl of hot soup in front of Taehyung. “Thanks for being such a good friend by insulting me as you take care of me. How the am I supposed to react?” the human replied sniffing into the scent of the coup wafting in to the air.

 Nothing, he could absolutely smell nothing. Great.

“Are you on your period too?” the ghost asked putting his hands up in retreat. “Hilarious aren’t you? Last time I checked I didn’t have a .” the human replied rolling his eyes whilst groaning. “Well you sure are acting like you have one. Stop complaining, men have it much easier than women and finish that soup before it gets cold.” Hoseok replied imitating the human earlier by rolling his eyes in the same manner.

“Feed me.” Taehyung demanded by looking at the ghost straight in his eyes. There were hints of some sort of want in his eyes which did not fail to startle Hoseok. “You want me to feed you?” the ghost asked. “Yes honey, you heard me right. Feed me.” Taehyung replied with even more demand in his tone. Hoseok sighed and sat down next to the younger with the bowl of soup in his lap. “Open up.”  Hoseok said as he placed the spoon close to the human’s lips.

Taehyung looked at spoon and then stared at the ghost in the eyes. He put the spoon in his mouth and swallowed the soup after Hoseok took out the spoon from his mouth. Taehyung gave his boxy grin at the ghost and opened his mouth once again for more soup. “Why are you grinning? It’s so creepy, you’re creepy Taehyung.” The ghost commented. “What? I can’t smile when I am happy? I am happy right now. That’s all.” The human replied.

“You’re worse than the other Taehyung. At least I only had to clean after him and not feed him his own meals.” Hoseok commented rolling his eyes. “And there goes all my happiness. Why do you have to be like his Hoseok?” Taehyung began, “Listen, and get the hint okay? I am in love with you, so when I am happy with you feeding me just how I want you to as my beautiful wife, I want you to understand I don’t want you to speak of any other man, specially that other Taehyung. Only think of me, talk to me and look at me.” Taehyung finished with a frustrated sigh.

Hoseok on the other hand looked at the human in a complete utter astounded expression. Did the human just confess that he was in love with Hoseok? Was he also just called to be his wife and been demanded to only look at him and think of him? Why was Hoseok smiling then? All of this should be unacceptable. Hoseok was a ghost after all. Then why was so happy at such charges?

“Good, you’re smiling. I love seeing that smile. Now feed me.” Taehyung demanded again and this time Hoseok giggled out loud. “You’re a unique man Kim Taehyung.” He commented as he scooted closer to the human as much as he could without passing through him.

Jung Hoseok, a ghost, was also currently, in love with a human named Kim Taehyung.

 

---------------****

“Taehyung, you have had a fever running for two weeks and you’re telling me this now because…?” Jin crossly questioned the younger as he pulled out the thermometer from Taehyung’s mouth. A good number of forty-one Celsius showed. Well, he wouldn’t have told the elder cousin either if Hoseok hadn’t threatened to stop speaking to him for good. He couldn’t afford that.

He was always afraid that he was on the verge of losing Hoseok to the nature of this world.

“It’s not a big deal hyung! I just thought I’d let you know in case mom asks. Don’t let her know I am in such a state.” Taehyung informed the elder as he held back a few coughs. “Yeah sure, but only if you keep a promise.” Namjoon suggested from his seat on Taehyung’s desk chair. “What’s that now?” the youngest in the room asked rolling his eyes. Jin was already aware what his fiancé was about to ask of the youngest.

“Only if you go to the doctor’s, with us, to have you checked.” The lavender haired male replied, almost demandingly. Most requests are declined by Kim Taehyung, you have to threaten him to get things done. “I am telling you I am fine! It’s just the pollen and the god damn ugly couples outside my window. Like I get it that they are together but I don’t need it rubbed on my face. them man.” Taehyung insisted huffing out a frustrated groan at the end.

“Well someone almost sounds very jealous.” Jin commented rolling his eyes. “Almost? He sounds very jealous. Did your crush reject you?” Namjoon asked snickering which earned from a death glare from the youngest. “Hell no, everyone I love loves me back. If I ever have a crush they’re definitely going to want me as much, if not more.” Taehyung replied confidently puffing his chest. That’s when Hoseok had to step in.

“Excuse me? What in the whole wide world made you assume I, Jung Hoseok, “want” you more than you want me?” The ghost asked, challenging with a glare. “For your information, you’re the one who begged me to never leave you. You don’t even let me out of sight when we’re outside together.” Hoseok added intensifying his glare further.

“Okay okay fine, you win.” Taehyung blurted out, forgetting that the two humans could not see and neither feel Hoseok. “Great, we’re going to the hospital in two hours. Get changed.” By saying that, the human couple had left the apartment, assuming that Taehyung had lost against Jin’s persistent attempt of taking the younger to the hospital. “What? No! I am not going!” Taehyung resisted from his bed, getting up from his position with a sharp ache on his back.

“Yes, you are.” Hoseok replied, throwing clean clothes at the human. “Are you coming too?” Taehyung asked whilst squinting his eyes in pain from the back pain.  He dragged his feet up from the bed and proceeded to get changed to fresh new clothes. He really didn’t know how to repay Hoseok for saving him. “Of course! I don’t trust your words. You might not tell me if you have an illness or something.” Hoseok replied cleaning the dishes from the ill human’s bland breakfast.

“Wow, you totally don’t sound like you love and care about me.” Taehyung commented with a smirk, pulling down this t-shirt and checking his appearance in the mirror. Not that he had anybody he wanted to impress, Hoseok didn’t count, it had become a habit of his to look his finest all the time.

With a huff and a pout, Hoseok approached the human. "What's the point of looking at the mirror for so long if you don't even notice the crooked collar?" The ghost asked Taehyung, fixing his crooked polo t-shirt's collar. Taehyung closed his eyes as he felt the ghost's presence. It was the closest they'd ever get, physically. A physical chill of pleasure ran down his spine along with goose bumps as Hoseok dusted his t-shirt. Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath to feel the sensation as much as he could make out of it.

 

"Hey Hoseok?" Taehyung called out to the other opening his eyes. "Yes?" The ghost replied looking up the human. "I love you." Taehyung confessed to Hoseok, resisting the urge to cup the ghost's cheeks and kissing his forehead. If Taehyung had ever had experienced physical pain from resisting to something, it was when every time he clenched his teeth and fisted his palm to resist the urge to touch and feel the ghost.

 

If death was an option for him to be able to love Hoseok freely, he'd embrace it with no form of regret.

 

"Yeah, I love you too." Were the last words the human has heard before collapsing on the floor and waking up to a white ceiling and a face just as pale.

 

-----**

 

The bed was in no manner his own as it was too narrow and neither did his apartment consist the scent of antiseptics. As much as he wanted to deny it, he was in fact at a hospital wing. He had no idea how he had reached there, obviously head, he had passed out without realizing. Not that people realize it when they pass out. , Taehyung needed some pain killers for the horrible throbbing in his head.

 

"Taehyung? Are you awake?" Jin asked standing up from his waiting chair. "Yeah." Taehyung replied swallowing a lump through his dry throat. "Oh my god, thank god! I'll go wake the others and call a nurse." The elder informed before dashing out, making sure his footsteps made no noise. Others!? Taehyung wondered how many people the elder had informed.

 

Most importantly, where was the man he needed next to him the most?

 

It was almost as if the ghost had read his mind. With a harsh gush of the wind the curtains around his bed flew and came in a figure with puffy eyes. "Taehyung! I was so worried! I don't know what happened. One second you were smiling like an idiot and the next you had collapsed on the ground. I didn't know to do since I can't touch you and no one else can see me! I was so scared that I'd lost you, I--." Before the ghost could finish his second, he had collapsed in tears which resembled diamonds.

The human shushed Hoseok telling him everything was alright and he was doing fine. A part of Taehyung felt guilty for making the ghost worry and another part of him was glad. He was glad that he was of so much importance to the other that shed tears worrying about him.

Before Taehyung could have uttered any words of assurance to the ghost, in his room had burst Jimin, Jungkook, Namjoon, Jin and the doctor. "Hyung! Who asked you to tell the entire town that I was dying?" Taehyung complained groaning in annoyance. "Shut up you ungrateful . Do you know how worried we were? Be glad we didn't tell your parents." Jimin glared at the other on the bed. "He is right, I completely agree with him. I like him. I like him a lot. I'd rather be with Jimin than you." Hoseok added whilst nodding his head in approval.

"You're all s. So, am I dying doc?" Taehyung commented and asked the women who had been inspecting the ill with her stethoscope. The doctor stared at Taehyung for a while before letting out a sigh. "We don't know. I have run every existing test on you in the past three days but we still don't know what's wrong with you. There are no signs of physical or emotional trauma but...." the doctor left the sentence unfinished and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter