Terms

Rust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung knew he had promised to take the ghost to his own grave but he was not expecting to be woken up at five in the morning. Hoseok was of course decent enough to make him coffee along with a sandwich but honestly, Taehyung had never woken up at five in the morning for anyone apart from his grandmother. Hoseok being the second person to break the record, he didn’t know how he felt about it.

“So, why are we heading off this early again?” Taehyung asked as he initiated his car and inserted his headphones. As no one else could see Hoseok, he didn’t want the cops on duty to question his sanity for talking to nothing but empty space at six in the morning, whilst driving. “Because I am bored and excited at the same time. It’s bad for my ghost skin.” Hoseok informed rolling his eyes.

Taehyung wanted to roll his eyes back at the ghost but he somehow ended up snickering at the reply. “So you can’t sleep or you don’t need sleep?” Taehyung as he looked steady at the road. “What’s the difference, loser? I can’t sleep. I am dead, remember? I get bored during the night as you sleep like you’re the dead one in the house.” Hoseok answered with a huff, forming a similar pout on his lips.

It was sad indeed; if Taehyung had to do nothing the entire night but watch advertisement about on TV, he would have kicked the sleeping person awake.

“So what’s our plan for today?” Hoseok asked as he tried to find a suitable position to float in the car. “My hometown has about three big grave yards. We’re going to all three and picking out all the “Jung Hoseok’s” we can find who died two hundred years ago or earlier; but before that we’re going to pick up two of my friends from their home. Also can you please stop fiddling with the AC?” Taehyung informed and requested the ghost to stop with hints of annoyance.

His car had cost him a few years of savings and breaking it would be equivalent to breaking his heart or even worse.

The ride was spent answering Hoseok why his car had the ability to cool, what the a car even was as it looked like nothing it did a few years ago when he was alive; also, why it was used by commoners as it looked expensive. Taehyung had taken notice of the fact that the ghost referred to most people as “commoners”. Whether it was about Taehyung or everyone whom the ghost saw pass by from the balcony of their apartment complex, Hoseok had a habit of referring to everyone as a “commoner”.

It had allowed him to deduce that Hoseok had perhaps belonged to one of the royal families from that era but he was sure people who were treated royal, could not afford to be so punctual and cook an entire meal perfectly. There was a lot to know about Jung Hoseok and Taehyung couldn’t find out his weaknesses.

He had his motives, you can’t judge a human. Hoseok was difficult to fight with. He was either “right” or “correct”.

Hoseok floated next to Taehyung’s shoulder as the human knocked on the couple’s apartment door. It was almost run down and was surely to be gotten rid of by the next two years but neither of them were willing to leave the apartment nor leave their hometown for Seoul and its busy life.

Perhaps, Taehyung was the only one who lacked the aspect of attachment.

“Who is—.” Jimin was about to finish his sentence, wondering who had arrived at his apartment at seven in the morning as his mother had just left the previous night and now, the person standing in front of him had snatched all words from his mouth.

“Kim Taehyung?” Jimin asked, looking extremely quizzical and fascinated. “Excuse me , have you never been me before?” Taehyung asked as he shoved past Jimin, into the apartment with Hoseok floating behind him. “Kim Taehyung, is at our home from Seoul, on a Monday skipping university, that at seven in the morning. I am actually concerned about you. Is everything alright? Are your parents alright?” Jimin asked as he sat down on the small love seat, just big enough for him and Jungkook.

“Yeah, I just need you guys to help me out with an assignment. I need to do research on a guy named “Jung Hoseok”. He died a good two centuries ago and I need to find his grave to find out more about him. Such as where he lived, who his remaining blood lines are and what his story was.” Taehyung informed putting his feet on the coffee table, which had earned him a death glare from Hoseok. It would have been fine if it didn’t make his shoulders hurt as if there were boulders on it.

Jimin looked even more puzzled as Taehyung put his feet down.

“Tae, you do realize I know you’re a major in economics and not history? You don’t even have to take history as a course subject. What exactly is the case here and who is Jung Hoseok?” Jimin asked staring at his friend in suspicion. Hoseok had been panicking whilst doing cart wheels in the air because Hoseok was really bad at lying. Taehyung however, thankfully had mastered the art of it after Hoseok’s appearance.

“Just because it’s not going to be in my course, doesn’t mean I can’t approach volunteer assignments in order to gain a higher GPA. It’s not in a very good state, if I were entirely honest. university.” Taehyung answered half lying as his GPA really could use some miracle; but Christmas wasn’t in two months and Santa wasn’t real.  “I don’t remember telling you I’d be helping and neither did Jungkook. What the even are volunteer assignments?” Jimin said raising an eyebrow in a challenging manner.

“If you’re convinced, so is Jungkook. I know you can’t say no to this handsome face.” Taehyung answered with a wink and he could hear Hoseok call him a “cocky bastard” with a groan. Jimin was close to throwing the coffee table at Taehyung’s face but instead he rolled his eyes and decided to wake up Jungkook.

---------*****

 “Knowing you was the biggest mistake I have ever made, Taehyung.”  Jungkook informed rubbing his hands together to warm them up, as they made their way out of the apartment. “Also what kind of an assignment even is this and since when do you care about your GPA well enough to take volunteer assignments? What even is that? Is that even a thing?” Jungkook added resisting himself from cuddling his boyfriend. It was cold and he’d rather stay at home cuddling his boyfriend whilst drinking hot coco but Kim Taehyung wasn’t having it.

“No one is taking shot-gun and I care now because I have only two years left to graduate and I don’t want to miss my graduation party.” Taehyung answered buckling his seatbelt and initiating the car. “Yeah because you’re doing “assignments”. You’re not even going to pass this semester.” Hoseok informed with his “I know everything” grin and Taehyung was really regretting the fact that no one else could see the ghost.

If he even tried to give a comeback to the remarks, he’d be marked as a delusional and schizophrenic . His friends were already questioning the sanity of his actions so far. “So, why a dead man and his story? Who even is Jung Hoseok? Also, wouldn’t it be even more sufficient if all three of us visited the three different graveyards at the same time rather than just going together?” Jimin, with his beanie and puffy cheeks asked slouching down his seat as the car’s radiator was a blessing.

Taehyung could hear Jungkook fan-girl internally but he decided to spare the younger. “That is actually very smart. I like Jimin. I really like him. Your friend is cute and smart. I’d definitely date him if I was alive.” Hoseok commented at the small human’s suggestion and Taehyung ended up snickering. If Hoseok was alive, he would be dead again because if there was anything Jungkook hated, it was anyone even thinking of Jimin is a romantic manner.

“Why are you smiling?” Jungkook asked raising an eyebrow at the other. “Nothing, just remembered something funny.” Taehyung informed, with another smile forming on his lips as Hoseok had commented that he was looking like a “local uncle who steal’s ” whilst grinning. He should be offended as he did not look like an uncle. He wanted to look like a “handsome young passionate male who stole ”.

Jimin and Jungkook had shared a confused look at each other at the other’s behavior because since when did have “funny” things he remembered which did not include them? Along with Jin and Namjoon, Jungkook and Jimin were always concerned about Taehyung’s whereabouts. Jungkook at this point had confessed that he would not be surprised if Taehyung had comeback with a weird disease considering the amount of random people he kept on sleeping with.

Taehyung from a very young age had detached himself from any sort of attachment, he always excused himself saying “It’s just a habit to be alone.”. Jimin and Jungkook were exceptions who were able to see a side of Taehyung no one at university could even fathom to exist. Yet there was a line. A line neither of them could cross with Taehyung. No matter how much Taehyung trusted the two, the two were never able to reach his true emotions.

The couples really hoped, even if they couldn’t cross it, someone, one day would be able to reach into the human being Kim Taehyung was.

“So we’re going to drop Jimin in the biggest graveyard of the city as he is more efficient. Jungkook can do the next one which is a few Kilometers away and I’ll visit the oldest one as the chances are high of his grave being there. Hopefully it’s either Jimin or I who finds it because I do not tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter