PRELUDE TO A STORM (I)

Wind & Thunder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I swear to god, Hirai, if we’re late again I can assure you we’d be doing more than just ‘meditation’ for 3 hours straight.” Jeongyeon huffs while tapping her foot impatiently on her skateboard.

 

“I know! I know! I’m sorry, okay!” a sweaty and out of breath Momo emerges from the fitting room of Storm Chargers Sports Shop, where she works as an all-around employee.  Tossing a towel at a still dirt-covered Momo, Jeongyeon proceeds to walk, or rather, skate to the exit of the said shop.

 

“You know Mina’s gonna probably murder us when we get there, right? This has been the fourth time we’re late for class this week. Not to mention the last few weeks we were late too!”

 

“But Jackson made me stay a little while longer at the track. My lap time has been off 3 seconds from my best time. THREE SECONDS, JEONG. If I don’t get it together by the tournament next month, we might lo-“

 

“-lose your sponsorship and your chances to go pro AND be the first female motocross champ in the country, trust me, I know.” Jeongyeon cuts in as she pushes herself and her board forward.

 

Momo pouts and catches up to Jeongyeon quietly.

 

Noticing the sudden quiet demeanor, Jeongyeon releases a soft sigh, grins and pats Momo’s head gently, “You know that Mina and I support you with your dream, right? We’re your number one fans and personal cheer team! We just can’t afford being late almost every time.”

 

Eyebrows raised slightly, Momo continues to speed walk to catch up with Jeongyeon.

She knows that Jeongyeon & Mina will always have her back, always had it ever since Day One.

 

They stuck and held on to each other when they were going through each other’s first loose tooth, first sleepovers, first crushes, first relationships, first bullies, first fights and the first day they were told that they were supposed to train to protect mankind.

----------

They reach the end of the block and find a pokerfaced Mina leaning against her blue Volkswagen camper.

 

“How is it that you guys manage to be late, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME?” Mina starts while turning to get in the driver’s seat of the camper.

 

“Like how can you, when we've actually planned this already?”

 

At this point, Jeongyeon has already picked up her board and went running to the passenger seat of the camper, calling it shotgun.


“Maybe that’s because you’re the reliable one.” Jeongyeon says as she buckles up and proceeds on fiddling with the car’s sound system like she usually does.

 

“What does THAT mean, the RELIABLE one?” Mina scoffs as she starts up the engine.

 

“Like in every group, there are different types of people.” Jeongyeon continues.

 

“Totally true! Think about like, the Alpha Team back at the academy.” Momo butts in while trying to squeeze herself into the front seat by climbing over the seats from the back of the camper.

 

Mina just quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter