The Finger

Tatt For Two

It has come to this.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany’s y back as she walked around her mini living room. Mini because it was mini. An apartment for a single person meant the living room had just enough room for a couch, television and a shelf. She filled the shelf with CDs and had a good-sized television sitting on the cabinet. Large enough for two was the couch she bought. It was a lounger she could pull out to lie on and she never did put it back in again after that.

“Your taste in music is pretty eclectic.”

“Why stick to one when you can have many.”

Turning around, Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon in a way that made Taeyeon’s blood race. “Are you talking about music or girls?”

“Life in general.”

“So girls included?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Not everything is about girls. Life is also about food, entertainment, fun . . .”

“Food . . .” Tiffany sat beside her on the couch and stretched her legs out, toes wiggling. “Are you particular about your food?”

“So long as it isn’t too spicy, I’m good.”

“Not much of a foodie, are you.”

“Nope.”

“That’s good.”

“Why?”

“That means we won’t have to quarrel over food.”

Taeyeon looked at her in amusement. “Have you ever quarrelled with anyone over food?”

Tiffany stared right back, deadpan. “Yes.”

Taeyeon snorted. “What was the quarrel about?”

“Fish.”

“What?”

“I was starving after working twelve hours straight and I called my then girlfriend half crying and she came with gulbi. The whole freaking fish. Three of ing fishes staring at me. Can you imagine?”

Taeyeon stared as Tiffany as if she had gone crazy. “What’s wrong with bringing you fish?”

Tiffany sat up and turned to Taeyeon, face all solemn as though she were about to deliver bad news. “Listen girl, if you wanna be with me, you gotta remember this one thing about me.”

Sensing that this wasn’t a good time to pass a sarcastic comment, Taeyeon refrained from saying anything.

“I hate fish eyes. And I’m not talking casual hate. I’m talking deep-rooted, I-will-kill-you hate. They freak me out. I once pushed my friend so hard that she fell and it was because she decided it was funny to surprise me with a dead fish. One look and I literally punched her out of my way. I’m not kidding.”

“Right. I’ll take note of that.”

“You’d better.” Topic about fishes done, Tiffany grinned and leaned on Taeyeon as their hands linked and locked. “What about you? Any taboos I should know about?”

“Nope.”

“Really? Nothing pisses you off?”

Taeyeon thought for a moment. “Disrespect for my art.”

“Is that why you banned me from visiting you at your shop after Wednesday?”

“Yes.”

“Why is it so bad if I visit your shop during your break?”

“You’ll distract me. I have to be focused.”

Tiffany’s grin was award-winning then. “I distract you, huh.”

“Don’t feel too flattered.”

“So should I stop sending you selfies during office hours?”

“I’ll deal with those.”

Tiffany wore a knowing grin as she asked, “What happens if you don’t do a good job because of my selfie?”

“I won’t let it affect me.”

“You’re pretty confident about this.”

“I won’t do a tattoo any less than perfect.”

“Perfectionist much?”

“I want to give my customers the best tattoo of their lives. They have to wear it on their skin forever. It’s no joke.”

“That’s true.” Tiffany ran a finger down Taeyeon’s arm and watched as goose bumps appeared. “Have you ever made a mistake while tattooing?”

Taeyeon nodded. “A few times when I first started. But I managed to cover them up.”

“What about now? Do you still make mistakes?”

“No.”

“Spoken like a pro.” Tiffany grinned. “I’m so glad I came to you for my tattoo.”

“Why did you choose me?”

“Cos you’re damn pretty of course.”

Taeyeon flipped her the middle finger.

Tiffany laughed. “I chose you for your tattoo style. It’s simple yet elegant. Very classy.”

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and looked at her tattooed finger. “Dreamer . . . it’s a cool word to get a tatt for.”

Tiffany nodded. “It’s a reminder.”

“What do you dream about?”

“Becoming editor-in-chief one day.”

Taeyeon smiled. “I’m sure you will.”

“Do you really think so?”

“I know so.”

Tiffany squeezed Taeyeon’s arm. “Should I be wondering why you’re being encouraging for once?”

Another flip of the middle finger was the response.

“You’re quite fond of that finger, aren’t you?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “It’s a good finger.”

“Are you good at using it?”

Taeyeon grinned and whispered in Tiffany’s ear, “Wanna find out?”

“Right,” Tiffany rose on her knees and straddled Taeyeon, “now?”

All blood drained from Taeyeon’s head. “Are you serious?”

The smile playing across Tiffany’s lips made Taeyeon’s lips run dry. “Mmm, we’re in your apartment all alone and we’ve got all night.”

“You’re crazy.”

Tiffany burst into laughter. “Girl, don’t start it if you don’t have the guts to follow through.”

Narrowing her eyes, Taeyeon heaved and twisted Tiffany onto her back on the couch. With a smirk, she loomed over Tiffany on hands and knees. “Where should I begin?”

Cluelessness flooded Tiffany’s eyes but Taeyeon didn’t elaborate. Instead, she dived straight in with fingers wriggling and Tiffany squealed, squirming violently to avoid the onslaught. Taeyeon was relentless, tickling Tiffany everywhere, quickly discovering how sensitive Tiffany was to her touch.

“Stop! Stop!” Tiffany was all squeals and giggles and shrieks. “No!”

Taeyeon was full of grins and laughs as she attacked Tiffany’s sides, neck and other parts.

“Please! Stop!” Tiffany bucked and squirmed and finally, with a huge jerk, threw Taeyeon off. Rolling onto her back, Taeyeon lay there laughing until Tiffany smacked her arm hard.

“Oww. ,” Taeyeon said with a laugh.

Tiffany rose on her elbows and looked down at Taeyeon. “Who’s the .”

“You.”

“Me?”

“You almost tickled me to death.”

Silent laughter took over Taeyeon. Then she rolled onto her side and grinned. “Admit it. I’m good.”

“That’s blackmail.”

Taeyeon craned her neck to plant a kiss on Tiffany’s lips. “How about bribery.”

“I’m not that cheap.”

“Com’ere.”

Consenting to her order, Tiffany lowered her lips enough for Taeyeon to give her a deeper, longer kiss. From there, Taeyeon took over, pulling her closer as their lips met again and again and again.

T