The Tatt

Tatt For Two

“You’re serious.”

Taeyeon nodded, giving no bigger reaction to Yuri’s exaggerated jaw drop. “Yeah. Serious.”

“Are you crazy? That’s a huge step. And you’ve been with her for what—two weeks?”

“Try two months.”

“Two months? It’s been two months already?”

“Two months since I did her tatt.”

“You didn’t date her till a week after.”

“She was sending me selfies the very next day, remember?”

“Is that how we count the days these days?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “It’s my way.”

“Fine. So it’s been two months. That’s still too early.”

Raising a well-shaped brow at Yuri, Taeyeon said, “I didn’t expect you to be so against this.”

“I’m not against you moving in with Tiffany. I’m more surprised by your speed. You’ve always been the slow progress type.”

“And look where it’s gotten me.”

Yuri sighed. “You can’t put it like that. You know it’s a bull excuse Seolmin came up with just to diss you.”

“I’m not moving in early because of what she said.” Taeyeon leaned her elbows on the table between them and grinned. “I’m moving in early ‘cos it feels right.”

“Holy . Are you even the same person I know? Moving in early ‘cos it feels right. Cool and calm Tae acting on impulse and emotions.”

“I’m not getting any younger. Why waste time?”

“If you’re gonna put it like that . . .”

“Am I right, or am I right.”

Yuri shrugged. “What else can I say?” She lifted her glass of beer and waited for Taeyeon to raise hers too. “I wish you happiness with your new girl.”

Taeyeon smiled. “Thanks, buddy.”

T

“You can have half of my wardrobe,” said Tiffany with a smile.

Taeyeon chuckled. “Thanks for the generosity.”

“You’re absolutely welcome.”

“But where are ya gonna put your stuff?”

“The spare room.”

“Uh huh.”

“Are you sure about letting this place go though?”

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany. “It makes more sense to let go of this place and share your rent.”

“But what will happen if we break up?”

“Then I’ll find a new place and move out. Don’t worry.”

“You seem really prepared for a break up.”

“Hey, you’re the one who brought it up,” said Taeyeon, eyes rolling, “so who’s the one who’s thinking about break ups?”

“Are you second guessing your decision?”

Taeyeon stood from the couch they were cuddling on and walked to the side. “Babe, you gotta stop this worrying.”

“I can’t help it. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to spoil the mood.” Tiffany stood as well and covered the distance to hug Taeyeon. “Don’t be mad.”

“I’m not mad. I just had to step back to calm down.” Taeyeon hugged Tiffany back and patted her head. “You were really going at it. What’s scaring you? Tell me.”

“Just fear. Of the future. Anything can happen.”

“So we have as good a chance to stay together as we do to break up, right?”

Tiffany nodded, her cheek rubbing against Taeyeon’s. “But I really want our chances of staying together to be higher than the other possibility.”

“I think we have a pretty good chance of staying together. Trust me.”

Tiffany nodded again and murmured into Taeyeon’s ear, “But if we ever break up, please don’t be so cool about it. Don’t move out like it doesn’t hurt you to leave.”

“Seriously? You’re trying to tell me how to break up with you before we even smell the slightest bit of break up?”

Pulling back, Tiffany looked into Taeyeon’s eyes with solemn ones. “It’s like writing a will. Telling your loved ones how you want to be sent off. Some people prefer a simple send off. Some people want it to be a bigger affair.”

“And you prefer your break ups to be dramatic like having your ex-girlfriend cry her heart out over losing you?”

With eyes big and round, Tiffany nodded once more. And Taeyeon couldn’t help laughing. Tiffany was too adorable with her imploring eyes, looking a lot like the ones on Puss in Boots from the Shrek. But this particular Puss in Boots began to pout and delivered a smack onto Taeyeon’s arm.

“Don’t laugh. I’m really serious. You should be concerned.”

“I’m not laughing about what we’re talking about. I’m laughing at your expression. You’re too cute.”

“What?”

Taeyeon grinned and pressed a kiss on Tiffany’s lips. “You’re adorable.”

That had Tiffany smiling. “I love you,” she said and returned Taeyeon’s kiss.

One kiss led to another and it was a matter of kisses before they ended up back on the couch, with their clothes flying off their body, landing on the floor.

T

It was the Monday a few days later when Taeyeon finally completed her design. Satisfied with what she had drawn, she put her drawing pen down and held up the design, excited and impatient. She couldn’t wait to show Tiffany what she had drawn, later in the day.

T

“Hi, honey,” Tiffany hopped onto Taeyeon’s car with a bright smile and Taeyeon leaned in for the kiss she was expecting.

“Nice to see you, my B-U-T.”

“Tae . . .”

A chuckle rose and Taeyeon grinned. “There’s no one but us. Don’t be shy.”

Taeyeon drove Tiffany to a restaurant well known for its wagyu beef steaks. Tiffany looked to her in surprise. “Is today a special occasion?” She gasped. “Is it your birthday?”

Taeyeon laughed. “You know it’s not my birthday.”

“Well, it’s not mine either, so what day is it?”

Taeyeon grinned. “Eight Mondays ago, we had dinner together for the first time.”

“Oh my God,” Tiffany clapped her hands over her heart, “this is so uniquely romantic. I have to kiss you.”

And right there on the street, they kissed.

“You’re too easily impressed.”

Tiffany smacked Taeyeon’s arm. “Are you complaining?”

Taeyeon grinned and shook her head. “Not at all.”

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s cheek when she found out Taeyeon had made a reservation and she was all smiles as the waiter led them to their table and held their chairs for them. He handed them menus, took their orders, and then left them alone at their quiet little corner with the candle flickering between them.

“Tae, thank you,” Tiffany said, leaning over to kiss Taeyeon again.

Taeyeon simply smiled. Just wait till I show you the design.

Their food arrived and they dug in without apology, all knives and forks and slurps and . When their steaks were in their stomachs at last, Taeyeon took out her design and put it in the middle of their table.

“What’s this?” Tiffany asked, eyes roving over the drawing.

“Something I designed recently.”

“It’s really beautiful. For a customer?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “Look.” She folded the paper in half. “What do you see?”

“It’s . . . a T!” Tiffany squealed a little, putting a grin on Taeyeon’s face.

“Correct.”

“Oh my God,” Tiffany gasped and covered her wide-open mouth with her hands. “Is this . . . is this for me?”

Shaking her head with a mysterious smile, Taeyeon dragged it out. “This . . . is for . . . us. It’s a tatt for two.”

Tiffany didn’t make any sound this time. It was a silent gasp which means she was truly thrown. Her eyes darted back to the drawing after leaving Taeyeon’s eyes and she stared at the design. Independently, they looked like vines, growing in the shape of the letter T. She unfolded the paper and flattened it. When combined, they formed a heart.

“Tae . . .”

“Do you like it?”

“Like it? Heck, I love it. You couldn’t have given me a better present for our eighth Monday dinner anniversary.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You don’t have to emphasize too much on the eighth Monday dinner bit. I wanted to wait for the tenth but surprise, surprise, your impatience is contagious and I got hit hard by it.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Sure, sure. Go ahead and blame me for it.”

“I’m not complaining.”

“Are you going to tattoo this on us? Where should we get it tattooed?”

“Anywhere along the side of our bodies so it forms up when we get together.”

Tiffany got out of her seat and rounded the table to sit on Taeyeon’s lap, ignoring the stares from other diners. “I love you so much, Tae,” she said before giving Taeyeon the deepest kiss ever.

When she was finally done, Taeyeon was light-headed and grinning like a champion. “I love you too, B-U-T.”

T

This is the end of this story but of course, tattooist and editor's lives carry on in their world and in your minds, hearts <3

I wanna thank y'all for staying with me, supporting my stories all the way.

I also just started this new thing on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/itsakyo

It's kinda experimental, to see what fun we could possibly have with that. Do check it out and let me know what you think :D