The Blow Up

Tatt For Two

“Why the did you say you did it?”

“Because I am an illegal tattooist.”

“Yeah but you didn’t have to admit it.”

“I wanted to.”

“Why?”

Taeyeon shrugged. It was difficult to explain.

“Because of your pride?”

Taeyeon bristled. “It’s not just about pride.”

“Then what the ? Why did you trap yourself like that?”

“It’s just a fine. I can pay it.”

“Tae, you told me about your finances, remember? You can’t really afford to pay a fine right now.”

“Only because I had to buy a car.”

“What, it’s my fault now?”

Taeyeon frowned. “I didn’t say it’s your fault.”

“You didn’t say it but you sure as hell implied it.”

“Well, , Tiff. I was just stating a fact.”

“The fact is you wouldn’t have bought the car if it weren’t for me.”

“I’m not blaming you for anything.”

“But you had to bring up the car.”

“Because it happened. Okay, Tiff? I bought a car and I wasn’t counting on getting fined for being a tattooist when I calculated my finances.”

“So you shouldn’t have said all those things to the police. Seohyun can’t do much for you if you’re gonna just ‘fess up and sign on it for nothing.”

“It’s not for nothing.”

“Yeah, it cost you two million ing won.”

“I have my reasons for admitting it.”

“You say that but you can’t even tell me why!”

Taeyeon slammed her hand on the door. “I just went through a horrible experience but instead of comforting me, you’re interrogating me. What the ? You’re worse than the police!”

“I’m worse than the police?” Tiffany’s eyes bulged. “Who is the one who rushed down to the station immediately? Who is the one who brought a lawyer down to help?”

“I didn’t ask for help. I didn’t ask you to bring a lawyer along. You chose to do it. Don’t put it on me.”

“So you’re saying I’m being extra. Is that right? Am I being extra? Oh, I know why. You don’t need me. All you need is Wendy.”

“Goddamnit! What is it about Wendy that you can’t ing let go of?”

“I don’t know! I’m ing pissed right now and she pisses me off!”

“Then calm the down.”

Tiffany shook her head. “You shouldn’t have messaged me. Cos I’m the type who will drop everything for the person I love and do everything I can to help. I can’t calm the down when I care about someone. You’re gonna get—” Tiffany gestured the whole of her body with her arm “—this.”

“This isn’t what I need right now.”

“I’m angry because I care, Tae. This is how I care. If you don’t like it, you should rethink this.”

“I messaged you cos you were the first person I thought off. I didn’t have time to think.”

“I’m not talking about the message, Tae. I’m talking about us.”

“What the ? How is this about us?”

“I’m sorry. I don’t know. I just wanna help but it seems like I’m making it worse.”

“Tiff, it’s not—”

Tiffany put her hands up, shaking her head. “I can’t calm down. I’m gonna blow up like this every time. Then you’re gonna be frustrated and we’ll fight.”

“Hold on, wait—”

“You know what? I’m just gonna go.”

Taeyeon stood astounded as Tiffany turned back to the door. “Where are you going?”

“Home.” Tiffany sighed. “It’s been a long day at work and ending it with this drama of you at the police station is too much for a girl to take. I’m just gonna go home and calm the down like you said.”

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand. “You don’t have to go.”

“I should.”

“Fine, I won’t force you to stay. Go home and we’ll talk tomorrow. Drive safely.”

With a subdued voice, Tiffany replied, “I will. Goodnight Tae.”

Taeyeon tensed at the door, unsure if she could kiss Tiffany goodbye. Then the moment passed and it was too late. Tiffany was gone.

T