Journey to Camp Half Blood

Stupid Journey with Percy Jackson & His Crew

 

It all started when I met Percy Jackson. He was sort of amazing to me but weird too. Amazing to me because he saved my life a few times and weird because where the hell did he learn all that sword thingy and he was so powerful, he could defeat so many adults. I admired him a lot but to be truthful when I was still in school I always thought he was a weirdo, staying underwater for 7 minutes without even coming up to the surface to take a tiny breath. That was definitely not human.

 

  We were on our way to some place called "Camp Half Blood" at Long Island. According to Mr Jackson, it was apparently a place for people who came from lines of royal blood to be trained to save the world from evil. Okay, mom never said anything about she or daddy coming from royal blood lines. This whole thing was just a dream, an awful dream though...

 

  My name is Giselle LeNoir (mom’s surname). I have chocolatey wavy long hair with matching hazelnut brown eyes. The worst part of my features is my nose, it's a little flat and pouty red lips. I know. I'm cute right? Keke...BUT Do NOT be fooled by my SUPER cute looks, I actually have oversized bum. All my fifteen years living on this Earth filled with weird stuff happening, I've never once met my father. My mother spoke a lot about him but never said anything about why I've never met him. Never did I meet my father once, naturally I have no feelings for him until the day my mother died of brain cancer. There's only one word to describe what I felt for him, HATRED. I know it was bad of me that I hated my own father but why on earth would he leave us, especially MOM! She loved him so so so much and this is what she got before dying, not seeing him for the last time, even though she asked. Mom died when I was thirteen. I'm too old to go to any foster home it seemed and I didn't want to go and find my dad, so I had to stay in the orphanage and go to a school called Lensella Binja where most orphans go to. And today would probably be the last day I ever go to that orphanage which was a relieve because that place always seemed sad not like when mom and I were still in the vineyard working. It was always fun there. And the air there was so fresh. Those were the good old' days. But now I'm going to face my father which I am kind of nervous. Weird.

 

Percy kept saying my father was a prince, which I thought was bull. How can a handsome and charming prince just leave his pregnat fiancé and go away without coming back to see them?! Such an irresponsible prince...

 

"Percy, are you sure my dad is a prince?" I asked.

 

"Yes. How many times do I've to repeat it?" Percy answered, a little annoyed.

 

"Sorry, but you've ta-da-lly mistaken me for a princess or warrior. This is just some freaking misunderstanding!" I retorted.

 

"Whatever. I'll just ignore you for now. And we're gonna pick someone up first before going to camp,"

 

"WHATEVER," that's what people get when they try ignoring me, Mister. 

 

"Hmm..." That's what I got from Mr. Jackson.

 

He was acting quiet today, which was strange because usually he would be all wild with my comments but today he seemed really...cool? Unlike him. Something is definitely wrong. And I know what that was.

 

"The person we're gonna fetch is a girl, right? And... Her name is Annabeth, right? Am I right?" I pestered him.

 

"What? How did you know?" As I had presumed, Percy was really surprised. Gotcha!

 

"As I recall, you slept talked last night and I heard you saying ' Annabeth, Annabeth, it's not what you think! ', and then I sweet talked you to tell me what it was all about!" I replied happily. If you were wondering how I heard him slept talked was because we shared a room (not enough money to pay the motel's rental) but don't worry we did not sleep on the same bed. Eww, please, I wouldn't want to sleep with him especially not after hearing that he has a girlfriend, even though he's cute. I'm not some boyfriend stealer!

 

"You are so gonna get it if you sweet talked me once more," Percy said getting slightly flustered.

 

"Oh, wouldn't dare," I said.

 

  After a few moments of silence, we reached a place where a bookshop sells books all about architecture. A girl finally came out of the shop. (I guess all of you who had read Percy Jackson should know how the characters looked like, so I won't waste time on telling you all how they look.) The girl was really pretty. She climbed into the car carrying a few paper bags with books in them.

 

"Hey Percy," she said and kissed Percy on the cheek. Guess that's his girlfriend, Annabeth.

 

"And this is?" Annabeth asked as she turned to face me at the back seat, staring at me suspiciously.

 

"She's..." Percy tried explaining but I was faster than him.

 

"Hi! I'm Giselle! Nice to meet you! I'm Percy's new recruit member for his crew." I think I said it a little too energetic but tried on a sweet smile. Sweet smiles always work the best!

 

"Nice to meet you too, Giselle." Annabeth said putting on a smile too. Huh, it worked. I heard Percy sighed. Uhuh, Percy, I saved you from your cute girlfriend, you have to thank me.

 

"So, Giselle, you know where we're going, right?" After some whispering of foreign language with Percy, Annabeth turned around and asked me.

 

"Yeah, I guess so... To a camp," I replied.

 

"Giselle, you have loads to learn, so get ready, you know?"

 

"Okay. Do I have to do all those sword stuff too, umm, like Percy?" I asked. That question has been pondering in my mind for a long time.

 

"What do you mean, exactly?" Annabeth asked, turning her head, to look at me.

 

"Haha. She means my sword skills, Annabeth." Percy laughed.

 

"Well, not exactly. We have to check what you are good at first but you still have to learn how to use a sword," Annabeth explained, while hitting Percy lightly on his arm. What a cute couple!

 

 

  After 15 minutes, we finally reached the foot of Long Island hill. That was seriously the most exhausting trip I've ever had in my life. Percy parked the car and we climbed out of the car carrying our things with us. We had to climb to the top of the hill to get to Camp Half Blood. Percy says that normal mortals without the special royal blood line in us cannot see the camp. It's built with some protective layer and prevents people from coming in or seeing it. Only children with royal blood can go in.

 

  Woah, the entrance of the camp is beautiful! We were 'greeted' by guards wearing heavy metal amours. They never wave nor can I see them smiling but I smiled on the whole. Don't want to give bad impression to people on my first day. Omigosh, the view downhill is spectacular! This is amazing. We were greeted by a man on a wheelchair. He seemed really nice. I hope he's my dad 'cause I suddenly really needed to cry on his shoulder, telling him how much I hated him and how mom missed him so much.

 

"Hi, I'm Chiron. And you must be Giselle. And no, I'm not your father. Your father isn't here today, you can see him tomorrow," The nice guy said. Wonderful, he can read my mind. No one reads my mind! I am so disappointed when he said he's not my father.

 

"Don't look so sad. You are sure to meet him more than the others." Chiron continues saying when I didn't seemed to answer.

 

"Yeah...Okay..." I mumbled.

 

"Percy, Grover is waiting for you at your place. Annabeth, show Giselle where her cabin is, would you?" Chiron ordered.

 

"Sure, Chiron," Annabeth replied. Percy has already gone off finding whoever who was waiting for him.

 

 

"Who's Grover?" I asked since the silence surrounding us was really stuffy for me.

 

"He's a satyr. Percy's best friend, the one who brought him to camp," Annabeth answered, waving to almost every camper in camp. The campers looked so strong. I'm pretty much hopeless on the other hand.

 

"Here's your cabin. Cabin twelve. You are the daughter of Dionysus. We call him Mr D. That's what he told us to address him as." Omigosh, the cabin's roof and walls were lined with grape vines! I feel so at home now.

 

I wonder who stayed in cabin thirteen though. It looked creepy with a skull hanging on the door. Yucks!

 

"Annabeth, this place feels so homey! Back when I was younger, mom and I lived in the vineyard!" I exclaimed happily.

 

"Well, enjoy staying. We have lots of fun here." Annabeth smiled gaily.

 

I nodded feeling rather contented.

 

  I went in and a boy was in there, sitting on his bunk with blood-shot eyes. He saw me and smiled. He was about 6 foot tall.

 

"Hello there, I'm Pollux. You are Giselle, right? I'm like your stepbrother. You can sleep where ever you like. There's only the two of us here..." Pollux suddenly looked sad but he quickly recovered his initial facial expression.

 

"Hi, nice to meet you, brother," I said with a goofy grin.

 

 

 Continue Next Chapter. Stay tuned! :D Please leave a comment or subscribe! THANKS~