Chapter 2: Finalizing

Upon A Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Before Yubin knew it, the awaited Friday came, and she once again found herself standing in front of CEO Youngmin’s desk, hands clasped behind her back as she nervously watched him shuffle through papers once again. She had already made her decision, a week gave plenty of time to properly think it out. Youngmin hadn’t said two words to her since she entered, and at this point she was mostly just waiting for him to address the reason she was back again.

    Of course, he didn’t disappoint, and minutes later he finally stopped his actions, looking up from the papers to give her his attention. “So, it’s been a week. I hope it was long enough for your decision to be made,” he said, and Yubin nodded. “Yes, it’s been a long week, and I thought very thoroughly about this opportunity, and so I’ve decided that I would like to debut with the new unit,” She replied with a short bow. At her response, Youngmin seemed to brighten, and he clapped, pleased. “Oh, good! Now I can put some things in order,” he said, and reached across his desk to grab a pen, immediately beginning to write things down on one of the many papers in front of him.

    “For now, you can go. My secretary will give you the rundown and any additional information you may need.”

    “Ah, okay. Thank you for your time, CEO Youngmin,” She said with another bow before leaving the office. Immediately after leaving, she was accosted by Youngmin’s secretary just as he said, who shoved a manila folder into her hands. Yubin fumbled with it briefly before opening it, nearly dropping it again when she was tugged forward to follow after the secretary. “Alright, Ms. Lee, I’m going to tell you all the stuff you need to know, just make sure to pay attention, ok?” She announced, and Yubin nodded.

    “Your new name will be Lee Youngjin, and your English name will be Trae, instead of Teya. It’s already been decided that your stage name will also be your English name.” At this, Yubin rolled her eyes, even though the older girl couldn’t see it. No surprise there. Any foreigner’s English name almost always ended up their stage name. “For the most part, your background can stay the same, since the company never actually gave that information about you in your years of training here. Age and birthday can also stay the same, since there’s no reason to lie about that.” she continued, oblivious to Yubin’s thoughts.

    “So really, the only things changing is my name?” The trainee asked, looking at the first paper in the folder, which held all the information she’d just spoke of. “In a way, yes. Information-wise, just that will be different. Appearance is something completely different. Tomorrow there will be an appointment with the selected stylists for the upcoming unit to prepare your transformation. These stylists will also know about your circumstances to be able to properly tend to you.” The secretary talked fast, and Yubin was thankful for the folder of papers, since with this she was able to keep up a little bit.

She led them to the elevator, and pushed the down button with a manicured finger. As they waited for the lift to arrive, she turned to her, “Right now, I’m taking you to your new teachers. They will help you prepare for the debut as well as help with making sure your secret stays a secret.”

The elevator ding rang throughout the hallway, and the secretary let her enter first before following. She’d stopped talking, so Yubin assumed that she had already gone through all the information she needed to say. She was fine with the abrupt silence, taking the time to page through the folder. She was slightly impressed by the amount of information about herself, since she hasn’t told very much about her background to the company. She assumed it was just stuff that would be released when she debuted, and they put it in the papers so she wouldn’t be surprised when it was revealed.

The door opened, and once again they were off. She led her down a series of hallways until they arrived at what Yubin recognized to be the private rooms, an area for one-on-one studying and such. The secretary knocked on the door thrice before entering, leaving the door open wide enough for Yubin to follow.

Inside were two people, a man and a woman. At their appearance, they both paused their conversation and rose from the couch in the room. “Alright, I leave her in your hands. Birth us a perfect man,” the secretary said, and it took both of the strangers laugh for Yubin to realize she was joking. She said goodbye and left, and the trainee bowed to the two new faces. “Hello, I’m Lee Yubin…”

The woman made a noise of disagreement, “Mm, I thought your name was Lee Youngjin? What a surprise,” she said, winking conspicuously. Surprised, Yubin could only smile awkwardly. “Or, you know. That’s me too,” She agreed.

“Well, Miss Lee, it’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Shin Hyeri. This guy over here is Kim Sungoh,” She introduced herself, pointing a thumb at the man standing beside her, who snorted and swatted her hand away. “It’s nice to meet you, Miss Lee,” he agreed.

“You can just call me Yubin, it’s fine,” Yubin stated.

“Perfect, I’m more of an informal gal anyway! Come and take a seat,” Hyeri said, and beckoned to the couch. Yubin walked over and took a seat, and they followed, sitting on the couch across from her.

“Alright Yubin,” Hyeri began, “Our job is taking care of you. We’ll be the ones you come to for any issue or complication. On top of that, we’ll help you transition from girl to boy, you’ll know how to act just like a boy by the time we’re done!”

“We’ll be around you majority of the time, so you don’t have to ever feel scared about getting found out. I’ll be one of the managers for the unit, and Hyeri is head stylist.” Sungoh added.

“Yeah, that was one of my main concerns,” Yubin admitted, and they both nodded their head in understanding.

The three of them talked for what felt like hours, getting to know each other while Yubin got used to all the different rules she’d have to follow.

Try to refrain from talking high pitched, it could end up as a giveaway to your gender.

Take care of your surroundings when you’re dressing and undressing, you never know who or what is around.

When walking, don’t sway your hips; it’s an unconscious move on every female’s part, but try to be conscious of it.

If you feel like someone is suspicious of you, let one of us know. And we’ll handle it.

By the time they’d finished giving their opinions and ideas, it was rather late. Yubin’s two teachers waved her goodnight, and she made her way back to the dorms again.

She entered the dorms, where all the girls were circled around the TV, watching some drama. There was a chorus of greetings from them, and she waved back to them, simply informing them she was going to bed before disappearing to her bedroom. The moment her head touched her pillow, she was asleep.

“,,

It seemed like chaos was only going to surround Yubin today. All around her, people were talking to one another as they went over clothing ideas while she had another person fretting over her hair. Yubin’s hair wasn’t even long to begin with, since she’d had a bob, and the stylist was trying to decide on the length she wanted. To the side, Hyeri was conversing with another stylist over a checkered button down.

“How about a blonde color?” The stylist murmured, pulling Yubin’s attention back to her. “Blonde?” She repeated, and the stylist hummed, seeming to already be reaching for the bleach, much to Yubin’s disdain. “Yeah, I think you’d suit a grey-ish blonde.” She announced, and with that, she began to prepare the bleach formula to lighten her dark hair.

Twenty minutes later, her hair was foiled and warm due to the bleach. She was bypassing the time by scrolling mindlessly on twitter, retweeting things she had found funny. “Ah, what’re they doing with your hair?” Hyeri’s voice sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter