Don't go

I was wrong

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin gasped in sudden shock, eyes moistening with unshed tears. If anyone was good at concealing emotion, it was Sungmin. But his eyes seemed to betray him. “You’re right. You need time..”

“I shouldn’t have forced myself onto you. And it probably didn’t help that I just showed up in the middle of the night…” he let his arms fall limply at his side, and broke his gaze into Kyuhyun’s puffy eyes. “I’ll go. Call me-“

 

“Stay,” Kyuhyun interrupted, his statement more of a plead than an request. “Just for tonight. It’s late and who knows how many reporters could be outside.” He coldly turned towards his room, forcing the core of his being to turn away from the man he loved more than world and its entirety. “Sleep on the couch or on the floor. There is a spare bedroom…just don’t go…”

 

Kyuhyun’s footsteps were loud on the creaking hardwood floor, but the sound died as the door to his bedroom shut, the thump vibrating the walls for a brief second. Sungmin did not need to reply nor did he try to call the maknae back. ‘I love you’, he knew would slip out of his mouth if he did. If Kyuhyun wasn’t ready, then he had to wait. 

 

He had been standing in a daze for almost ten minutes, when he noticed the buzzing of his smartphone in his pocket. His legs were numb from standing and his face was swollen from the overwhelming emotion.

 

Saeunnie

Oppa, let’s divorce quietly…

I don’t want us to end bitterly. So let’s end as friends’

 

‘Hyukjae 

Yah! You’re crazy. You’re out of your mind. I’m coming to Kyu’s in the morning. Wait for me.’

 

‘Sungjinnie

Hyung! Why is noona like this?’

 

Sungmin blinked at the messages flooding his phone. He whispered a silent ’’, as his mouth pursed into a straight line. This was his reality. His wife was at home, crying at the broken marriage he had single-handedly ruined. His lover, the one who he had betrayed in the worst way, was locked in a room a few feet away, untouchable and fragile. And his best friend, the one who he always thought would understand him, spoke to him for the first time in months. 

 

All while Kyuhyun sang quietly, full of emotion and almost hauntingly beautiful to the silent moon. Three hearts were breaking that night.

 

 

--

Let's pretend Kyuhyun is singing One more chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UROg0lsqW0

 

*cry