Can't forget you, hyung

I was wrong

Kyuhyun woke to the frantic knocking on his apartment door. Glancing at his phone, he let out a soft groan, noting the time. At 2AM, the only people who could want anything from him could only be sasaengs. Groaning at the inconvenience, he briefly considered calling security. He knew they would have arrived within the hour. These days, for an idol like Kyuhyun, "you can never be too safe", he thought, shutting his eyes for the moment the knocking had ceased. 

 

Breathing a sigh of relief as the knocking has not resumed, he listened to the silence. "They must've given up," he thought, recalling the moments where sasaengs had broken in and left odd...gifts, stolen personal items and vandalized their dorm- on numerous occasions. Perhaps the security system he had invested in was worth it after all. It included security cameras from the hall to the door, providing footage from three different angles. 

 

Small sobs echoed through the speaker on his security system, sobs that seemed so familiar. "It can't be...", the vocalist thought aloud, his heart pace beginning to quicken at the familiar sound of his ex-lover. His phone began vibrating, thoroughly distracting him from the rush of emotion. 

"Minimin", his phone lit up, indicated a phone call from his fellow member and ex-lover. 

Kyuhyuns heart sank, the flow of heartbreak coursing through his mind painfully. 

~

"Hyung...?", Kyuhyun whined. 

"What are you doing? What's wrong!?"

 

Sungmin turned to look at their groups youngest member, heart thumping loudly against his chest. 

 

"I'm leaving,...", he whispered, barely audible in fear that any louder and his own heart would shatter. 

 

"Kyu, I'm leaving. Leaving you, us, all of this. I can't do it anymore", he continued trying to hold the warms tears back. 

 

"Sungmin-hyung, why?", Kyu pressed, tears welling up in his chocolate colored eyes. It was only the night before that they were laughing and in each others arms. It felt like a cruel joke. 

 

"I'm marrying Saeun.", Sungmin cried, pushing past Kyuhyun, hot tears flowing down both their faces. Kyuhyun stood speechless, shocked, and upset. Hyukjae, who had been watching in the doorway of room 137,  enveloped the youngest in a tight embrace, heartbreaking at his best friends biggest mistake. 

~

"I'm leaving" these words echoed repeatedly through Kyuhyuns mind like a mantra. It had happened over a year ago but the pain was fresh in his heart. While Sungmin had left him romantically, they interacted in front of the camera during their Super Junior activities. It always hurt to pretend to be friendly when once the producer yelled "cut!" They would go back to their uncomfortable silence. None of the members asked, respecting the privacy of their vocalists. 

 

With a heavy heart and equally heavy footsteps, Kyuhyun headed for the door, his limbs seemingly growing heavier with each step he took. Honestly, his heart was hurting, he was tired and afraid. 

 

Sungmin had left him so easily, with less than a few words and years worth of memories. Kyuhyun had grown up into a respectable adult alongside his hyung. The days that passed after Sungmin left brought Kyu so much pain and stress that he too loved out of their once shared dorm. He could not bear sleeping in the bed he once held Sungmin in; in the home that he once shared with his lover. 

 

Despite the pain, he acknowledged that his hyung would not show up if it was not important. Kyuhyun made a quick vow to himself- not to let Sungmin see how he was hurting. 

 

The lead vocalist stopped in front of the door, his bare feet on the cold marble ground, sending chills up his spine. He gulped as he willed his heart to stop throbbing. He was sure the beat of his heart was echoing through his silent apartment. Just a few feet in front of him, he heard a desperate cry,

"Kyuhyun-ah..."