seven.

The Eye [discontinued for now]

“Well, gosh, Yeol,” Woohyun says in that one voice, the voice he uses when he doesn’t want to disappoint someone. “It’s sure something, isn’t it?”

No one answers him, which is probably for the best, because the building Sungyeol has led them to, with its cross shape, is very obviously governmental. Or rather, it was at one point. Honestly, given the dilapidated state of the building, the vines climbing the walls, and the crumbling masonry, Sunggyu gives it an age of about ten years.

Since abandonment, that is.

“Are you even sure that it’s safe?” Sungjong asks. Sungyeol glares at him.

“Of course not!” he exclaims indignantly. “I wasn’t going to go in there by myself, was I?”

Sunggyu makes a mental note to never send Sungyeol scouting again. “Okay, guys,” he announces in his leader-voice. “What we’re going to do is, we’ll split up and explore the building. Sungjong, with me.” Howon looks disappointed, and Sunggyu actually has to hold back a smile. “Sungyeol, go with Howon. Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Dongwoo, then, will stick together. Let’s go.”

He starts off towards the door, but no one else moves. Sunggyu raises an eyebrow.

“Hyung, we don’t know where to go,” Howon finally points out. Sunggyu shoots him a weird look.

“I thought we would all just roam,” he sighs. “Okay, how about this.” He thinks for a while, assessing the shape of the building. “Sungjong and I will go north. Howon and Sungyeol, go east. The rest of you, west. After you’re done with your section, come back to the main entrance, and we’ll all go south together. That good?”

The group agrees, and Sunggyu dives into the darkness of the northern hall. “Come on, Sungjong,” he calls, turning his back on the unforeseeable void before his eyes. “I’m here with you.”

Sungjong makes an obvious effort to steel himself, then deflates again. “You should have taken Howon-hyung,” he whimpers, about to cry. “I can’t do this.”

With a glance behind him, Sunggyu steps back out and puts an arm around Sungjong’s shoulders. “Of course you can,” he says gently. “Weren’t you the one who encouraged us to move? Weren’t you the one who shot down Sungyeol’s complaints? You’re a brave kid, Sungjong. You can do it.”

Still, with Sunggyu murmuring softly to him, it takes Sungjong a full five minutes to pluck up the courage to go in. Sunggyu feels the circulation being cut off from his hand, but he doesn’t complain. Instead, he leads Sungjong into the pressing darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yo guys! It's been a while since I've done an author's note, but I'm really sorry the chapter was so short. I promise the next one will be longer. Anyway, thank you all for subscribing, reading, and commenting!