Chapter 12: Case:Yoongi.

Three Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a Friday morning after assembly, most students are either snoring in classes or messing around in the toilets. Head girl and head prefect Irene is patrolling as elegantly and beautifully as she does. Although petite in frame and height; her long black hair, big brown eyes and stunningly carved side profile releases a captivating aura which helps to keep even the baddest students in control.  

Especially those notoriously fond of skipping classes.

The sound of distant laughter stopped her from entering the building. Squinting into the green school fields, Irene saw a group of boys hidden by the trees. Chortling with disbelief, she noticed trails of smoke flowing from them.

Brushing back strands of silky bangs, she tutted and approached the group of four. When the boys realised, they immediately stamped out the offending items.

Stopping in front of them, she analysed each one individually.

They were the usual troublemakers. Coughing because of the fumes, “Get to class or I won’t choose to forget.”

A tall boy named Kai grinned, “Forget what?”

Another called Sungwoon chuckled, “Forget how handsome we are!”

But Irene was not amused. Scowling, she turned to two boys still seated on rocks. One was Taemin, the school heartthrob and best dancer, whilst her eyes widened when she laid them on the other. Jimin brushed back his blonde hair and was looking the other way still smoking; nose and jaw sharp with lips plump.

His profile screamed hunk.

Noticing the stares, Taemin stood up as Jimin finally turned. Slowly, the latter got up whilst his shapely lips and fixated his deep eyes upon Irene. Clenching his jaw and never leaving her face once, she became noticeably flustered.

She felt a breeze as Kai and Sungwoon ran past her before Taemin turned to Jimin and smirked. Raising his brows at Irene, he coolly placed hands in his pocket before strolling past.

Jimin was still piercing Irene as she met his glare and held her ground, “Y-you should go too.”

Stepping into her, the girl paced back.

Jimin towered over her. They were merely inches away, so she slightly turned her head to the side.

“And what is Irene going to do if I don’t?” His voice was deep and penetrating.

“I’ll write you a slip. That means detention,” she retorted.

Bending his knees, he lined eyes with hers. His cologne was strong, blackberry and bay. “You’re too pretty for a job like this,” he muttered.

Blushing profusely, “And you’re a creep,” she took a pink slip-book out, “If you don’t go to class, I’ll make it double.”

Still in the same position, “I heard you dated Taehyung and, who was it? Ah yes, Jackson. What happened to him?”

Her vision became cloudy as she desperately blinked. Tilting her head up, she was staring into Jimin’s round, brown eyes. “He was killed. Bad things happen to students who stay out here alone,” she snapped before turning around and trying to walk off.

But Jimin grabbed her arm easily, “Hey hey, I’m sorry okay?”

Her hair bounced around as she threw him a death stare, “No wonder Taehyung doesn’t like you. You’re a bad influence to Jungkook and I can see that now.”

A fuse clicked in the boy’s head, but Mr Jimin was still smooth as always with the ladies. He’d never hurt a fine female.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Irene. But if you like, I can help take your mind off everything,” he cawed.

“Let go of my arm.”

Jimin let go and brushed back soft locks to reveal his eyebrows. Throwing her a handsome expression with flushed lips slightly pouted; Irene was taken aback at his demeanour.

“No one thinks you’re interested in girls,” she laughed before feeling very stupid.

Smiling with his eyes, “I’ve not met one like you.”

She laughed, “You’re a good smooth talker.”

“You’re a great head girl.”

Warmth spread through her heart as Irene smiled, not many people tell her this.

“Thank you Jimin-ssi.”

Nodding before taking out his phone, “Then could you teach me?”

“Hm?” She cutely responded.

“Your number. I may need advice on how to be head boy. I heard the spot is free,” he giggled as Irene complied.

There was a brief silence between the two as Irene was majorly confused. She can’t understand him and she cannot see past his eyes, she doesn’t know who he is. Sometimes he’s the best student, sometimes he’s the worst. He claimed to have asthma, yet is out here smoking. He had no friends because of his personality and now he befriended the three most popular boys.

“...So do I still get detention?”

His voice broke her thoughts.

“Hm? Oh, I guess not this time,” she grinned.

Beaming, Mr Jimin wanted to protect her and make her his because she reminded Mr Jimin of a real Mona Lisa.

* * * 

Sitting outside the principal’s office, Seokjin can’t help but gaze out of the window. It was fall and all leaves of trees decorating the school fields were either rusty brown or flaming orange with streaks of yellow. Wind swirling them into crisp stacks, the boy smiled when students began playing in the dead leaves. Laughing and drinking soda, they were enjoying lunchtime.

“...Mr Kim. The principal will see you now.”

Shaken out of his thoughts, the handsome boy pursed his lips and walked through the small admin office, smiling and bowing to the principal as he entered.  

“Kim Seokjin, feels like yesterday when you graduated. How can I help?”

Smirking before taking a seat, “Those were the good days. Easy and carefree. Actually er, I want to enrol my...my younger cousin.”

Raising his eyebrows, the principal nodded. “That’s great news. Our application form can be downloaded online-”

“Already done,” the younger beamed before producing a form with an attached photo.

The principal fixed his glasses and analysed the boy’s photo before flicking through the form. “Where is he? Where is Min Yoongi?” He looked around, expecting the boy to be seated.

Gulping, “He’s sick in bed. I can bring him tomorrow for you to interview if you want-”

“That won’t be necessary,” the principal nodded solemnly. He was obviously swayed by Seokjin’s recent popularity, “How sick is he?”

Still in shock as to how quick this process was, Seokjin stayed silent before answering. “Uh - he’s nearly finished his antibiotic course. He can join classes tomorrow.”

“Very well, I’ll make some final arrangements to the timetable and he can join the lunchtime classes tomorrow. I’ll have the provisional timetable emailed,” checking his watch, “Let’s wrap that up as I a have a meeting now.”

Both stood simultaneously as Seokjin bowed several times, “Thank you.”

Just as he was leaving, the principal cleared his throat. Seokjin prayed he wouldn’t make this more complicated, like asking for the boy’s parents.

“Seokjin-ah. I will be monitoring your cousin very closely. Don’t think I’ve become soft, we just need more students,” he sighed, “ever since Jackson was killed, parents have taken their kids out of school so this is an opportunity I cannot afford to lose.”

Hearing the desperation in the older man’s voice, Seokjin nodded once before taking his leave. Once outside the building and staring into the distant fields which only moments ago were filled with students, he felt his heart plummet.

Shaking his head at how times had changed, the handsome senior notices two students hidden away in the far end of greenery.

Squinting, he realises they are coming closer. 

His eyes widen when Jimin swaggers out, brushing his blonde hair back. Furrowing his brows, Jin gets the impression he is a rebel. More so than Taehyung, if that is possible. 

And although he knows more about Jimin than said boy probably knows of himself, what catches Jin’s attention is the captivating beauty walking besides the foster child.  

She has long black hair and all her features complement each other. Huge eyes, straight nose, button mouth and glass skin; she looks like a puppy and is Jin’s ideal type. 

“Wow,” he finds himself spluttering like a child in a toy store. 

As they come closer, he meets Irene’s eyes as she looks confused. Quickly turning on his heel, Jin races out of the school building, feeling sick at the probability that she may be Jimin’s girlfriend.  

“Even if he has a ed up past, I guess he still is a teenager. Damn, why couldn’t we have had girls like that,” Jin sulks, “I’m handsome enough!” He jokes before remembering why he came to the school. 

Whilst walking down the hill, the handsome senior knows all questions will soon be answered. Enrolling Yoongi in school was the first major key to unlocking the mystery. He can find Jimin himself. 

 “Why though? Why do I waste my days and nights on this?” Jin doubts. “What is the purpose of all this?”

Strolling with frustration, Jin is more upset at the fact that his work has become his life. He knows nothing more than psychology. He wants nothing more than to live normally with a girl like that.  

“What do I get from helping these kids,” he continued before feeling sickened at his selfishness. 

The car journey here felt secretive and scary, for he had not come alone and Yoongi was definitely not sick. Seokjin parked his car in a quiet alley, away from prying eyes as he looked both ways before opening the driver door.

He met Hoseok’s questioning eyes first before he looked to the back seat at a small figure lying down. Tired eyes met his before they closed and Yoongi fell asleep, or pretended to.

“Well? What happened?”

Closing the door behind him, “He’s enrolled. Tomorrow after lunch.”

Both boys locked eyes with worry as they did not know how else to protect Yoongi. The boy who everyone was after, the lost mystery worth more than money could buy.

Hoseok cleared his throat and stared at the rear view mirror, “Hyung I will stick to him like a shadow. Don’t worry.”

“I know you will Hobi.”

There was an elephant in the room (or car, rather) which both boys knew needed to be addressed. But they also needed to watch what they said around the boy in the back seat. It was not safe to leave him alone and they had no choice but to take him with them. This car was the safest shelter for Yoongi.

But before they could voice their concerns, he spoke.

“You guys can talk about Taehyung all you want. Pretend like I’m not here. Besides, I know it all already so just think I am sleeping,” he croaked after reading their thoughts. As promised, he turned his body around so he faced the back seats.

Seokjin watched his figure curl into a small ball as warmth hugged his insides, “how does he do that?” 

Hoseok sighed and wished there was more he could do for the pale friend. “I guess that’s why everyone wants him. Or his mind rather. Thanks Yoongs.” 

Seokjin turned to Hoseok before locking the doors.

“In the hospital, Taehyung had an episode of some sort.”

Hoseok nodded, questioning whether he should share the blood curdling information he discovered in his father’s study. After all, Seokjin is working for the latter, so it’s best to let him speak first.

Just as always, Hoseok feigned to know nothing too astonishing.

“An episode? Ah yes! You were telling me right?" He lied. Of course he remembered.

That was the trigger which made him sift through his father's files like a criminal. But again, Hoseok wants to play his cards right. 

Nodding, “Hobi, do you remember your dad mentioning anyone called Namjoon?”

Scrunching his features, “Namjoon? That’s Jimin’s social worker, no?”

But little does the older know, Hoseok knows Namjoon is his father's close friend. Which made everything all the more messed up.

Now that he thinks about it, why is a world renowned psychologist Park Jimin's social worker? 

Staring at the perplexed expression on the younger, Seokjin found his answer. Hoseok was clueless.

 “Yes. But that’s not all. Think carefully, The Namjoon, pioneer of the most controversial theories which he claimed to have tested himself. Think Hoseok, god dammit!”

The younger didn’t want to think of anything other than what Taehyung must be doing right now. He wants nothing more than to hug his best friend’s problems away.

“Namjoon had some experiments,” turning to Yoongi before dropping his voice, “He is one of them. So is Jimin and... I think - Hobi - listen, I know this sounds super ed but I think Taehyung-”

“Taehyung? Where?” Hoseok cut him off purposely.

He knows Jin is right. But Tae cannot be reduced to an experiment, he is so much more. Thus, hearing that did hurt. 

The older scanned Hoseok and knew he was not prepared to be burdened with such information. He knows the former hadn’t registered anything he just said, so he kept what he knows to himself.

Big mistake. He should’ve told the boy who could’ve changed things. This boy who already knows everything would’ve convinced his father to have Namjoon locked up for good, before Namjoon attacks again. 

Should have.

Would have.

Could have.  

 

“Anyway, let’s go home. Yoongi needs to rest.”

But said boy had his eyes wide open. Jimin’s name made his heart beat with anxiety and nervousness was making him cold and jittery.

The day was fast approaching when they would finally reun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter